The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

1 hour ago, shadaik said:

Because the Matrix can make it break if need be.

Free Will is an illusion inside the Matrix, even to those who think themselve sfreed from its machinations. In order to keep up this illusion and make the rebels complete the cycle, it will create a perilous situation that seems random but is indeed fully planned out, rather than do something more obvious like sending in the agents. The illusion of free will has to be maintained to keep the Chosen One on the path to reboot the Matrix thinking they do so by their own choice defying the system. It's all mind games so that, even when Neo knows the truth, he still has hope keep him going and fulfill his function for the simulation.

The second layer of Matrix wasn't confirmed in the movies though, as far as I know. But if the fake Zion was indeed planned (and changed before part 3 released), then it explains everything including Neo's ability to control sentinels.

I still need a refresh on Revolutions to talk more confidently.

spacer.png

The Guest (2014)

This is one of those films that just kept on giving the further it went on, what an excellent action film. I absolutely loved it. Great humour, story and soundtrack.

Dan Stevens was incredible. He's got great mannerisms and facial expressions. Manages to be charming, cool, cold, ruthless and brutal all at the same time.

• Like 4

Drive-Thru, awful movie.  Was told it was bad, but fun.  It was garbage and a waste of time.  Low-effort effects, terrible writing, unfunny jokes and annoying music. 

If Beavis and Butt-Head were real people, they could've written something better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Redgrave said:

Dark+Knight+Duo.jpg

I was in a Batman mood and felt like watching these again since I haven't seen them in a while. I haven't read the original comic this is adapting from but I think it's a pretty neat take on how an older Batman would be. 

I would honestly recommend reading the original book. A true candidate for best graphic novel ever.

Funnily enough I watch Batman Begins this week. I’ve not watched this for well over a decade (next year it will be 20 years old!!) and I had forgotten how good it is. It doesn’t feel dated at all, unlike some superhero movies from the same time, and you can argue that it’s better than many superhero movies today, where the lack of overwhelming CGI means it still looks awesome, whereas AntMan 3 already looks crap. I also love how believable they make it feel for a man to go out and fight crime dressed as a bat. There an internal logic to the Nolan movies that works and makes sense. It was a great rewatch. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, wolvieware said:

I would honestly recommend reading the original book. A true candidate for best graphic novel ever.

Funnily enough I watch Batman Begins this week. I’ve not watched this for well over a decade (next year it will be 20 years old!!) and I had forgotten how good it is. It doesn’t feel dated at all, unlike some superhero movies from the same time, and you can argue that it’s better than many superhero movies today, where the lack of overwhelming CGI means it still looks awesome, whereas AntMan 3 already looks crap. I also love how believable they make it feel for a man to go out and fight crime dressed as a bat. There an internal logic to the Nolan movies that works and makes sense. It was a great rewatch. 

Yeah, I should read it at some point. The only other things I read from Frank Miller were the RoboCop 2 comic and the Spawn/Batman crossover he did with Todd McFarlane. The crossover was kind of weird since Batman kind of acts like he does in the All-Star Batman and Robin comic.

And yeah Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are still great. I should probably re-watch those again at some point too. Them being grounded looking helps with them being timeless since yeah they don't overuse CG like a lot of movies do now so nothing really comes off as super uncanny looking. It would be nice to see The Dark Knight in theaters again and I would be willing to pay extra for IMAX since I still remember how tense some of the scenes were in theaters with the music buildup :P

• Like 4

Just finished rewatching Scre4m; the franchise is probably my favorite of the mainstream horror ones, but I've never seen 5 or 6 so I was refreshing on the old ones. I remembered there's also a show that aired on MTV between 4 and 5, so I'm watching that but I'm only 1 episode in so far. Anybody got any input on whether it's worth watching? I've heard it has no connection to the movies.

• Like 4

spacer.png

Transporter 1 & 2

First film is definitely a lot better but I enjoy both of these quite a bit. I haven't seen the third movie but it's on Netflix so I may check it out soon.

They are good mindless fun with a fast paced storyline and I enjoy Jason Statham. He's just got a cool, badass aura about him. His fight scenes are always creative and fun to watch.

Edited by ChilledBrandon
  • Like 4

Beekeeper.

Like most Jason Statham films, it's a great at just being mindless fun without having much to think about regarding the plot or characters, great action scenes and cheese one liners  makes a fun film for everyone that enjoy action on the screen all the time.

• Like 3