The last anime you saw?

Aexuz

I'm getting my gf into anime so I'm re-watching the ones that I know she'd like (AOT, Naruto, BNHA, OPM, Fairy tail... you know, the basics (I don't mind re-watching them!!!) hahaha)

But the last one I saw alone was black lagoon (3rd season)

Edited by gamer230798

Interviews with Monster Girls (complete, enjoyment: 4/5)

interviews-with-monster-girls-8067.jpg?t

It's better than I thought it'd be, I like a lot of the characters in it. Think of it kinda like Monster Musume, or Interspecies Reviewers with 98% of the ecchi removed (so a "wholesome" version). ?

The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me? (episode 1)

the-8th-son-are-you-kidding-me-12595.jpg

Tower of God (episode 1)

tower-of-god-14552.jpg?t=1585943827

It'll take a little while to get used to the art style in it, but I think it'll be pretty good.

Lucky Star (episodes 1-2)

lucky-star-1122.jpg?t=1561407475

I think I tried watching this once before but couldn't really get into it, so I figured I'd give it another shot. :hmm:

Plunderer (episode 12)

plunderer-9750.jpg?t=1578697822

A Certain Scientific Railgun T (episode 8)

a-certain-scientific-railgun-t-11779.jpg

Nice to see the dubs starting to come back, if these things were on hold for much longer, I would've switched to the subbed versions. :P

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 3

Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It (complete, enjoyment: 3.5/5)

science-fell-in-love-so-i-tried-to-prove

It was okay, but I feel I learned too much for watching an anime, they explained the scientific stuff in it with a bit too much detail. ? It's something educational disguised as an anime! ?

Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun (episode 16)

welcome-to-demon-school-iruma-kun-12886.

Lucky Star (episodes 2-10)

• Like 2

Hangyakusei Million Arthur 2nd Season Episode 5-13 plus Special/Episode 14 (Finished)

100464.jpg95918.jpg

Enjoyment level 10

Hangyakusei Million Arthur depicts a lighter comedic story than the original game it is based on.

One more waifu added to the harem
4a6399648cbade848070d20059ef0f5615904149

Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai Episode 7-12 (Finished)

75230.jpg

Enjoyment level 9

"The Shepherd," an urban legend of Shiomi Academy, is said to appear before hardworking students to grant them a wish.

While engrossed in a book inside the school's renowned Great Library, Kyoutarou Kakei, a second year student and the Library Club's de facto president, receives an email from the Shepherd foretelling an event that will change his fate. Worried by the message, Kyoutarou rushes over to a nearby train station and encounters fellow student Tsugumi Shirasaki, whom he saves from being hit by a derailing train. Grateful for his heroic actions, Tsugumi joins the Library Club and invites Kyoutarou to participate in her mysterious "Shiomi Happy Project." Together with other new members of the club, they strive to make the academy a better place and uncover the identity of the enigmatic Shepherd.

Ai Tenchi Muyou! Episode 1-20

67801.jpg

Violet Evergarden: Kitto "Ai" wo Shiru Hi ga Kuru no Darou (Finished)

89993.jpg

Enjoyment level 10

The CH Postal Company has just received a request to transcribe a love letter from Irma Felice, a famous opera singer. Accepting the task, Violet Evergarden visits Irma to write her letter. However, not only does Irma provide little information, she asks Violet to write based on her own feelings. Despite Violet's numerous attempts, Irma finds every version of the letter inadequate.

Violet consults her colleagues, and they help her out by writing love letters of their own. Yet even those are rejected by the opera singer. As a last resort, Violet asks Irma for her true thoughts and feelings, hoping to find the missing puzzle piece. Will the Auto Memory Doll be able to translate Irma's emotions into words?

Violet Evergarden Gaiden: Eien to Jidou Shuki Ningyou (Finished)

102304.jpg

Enjoyment level 10

Isabella, the daughter of the noble York family, is enrolled in an all-girls academy to be groomed into a dame worthy of nobility. However, she has given up on her future, seeing the prestigious school as nothing more than a prison from the outside world. Her family notices her struggling in her lessons and decides to hire Violet Evergarden to personally tutor her under the guise of a handmaiden.

At first, Isabella treats Violet coldly. Violet seems to be able to do everything perfectly, leading Isabella to assume that she was born with a silver spoon. After some time together, Isabella begins to realize that Violet has had her own struggles and starts to open up to her. Isabella soon reveals that she has lost contact with her beloved younger sister, Taylor Bartlett, whom she yearns to see again.

Having experienced the power of words through her past clientele, Violet asks if Isabella wishes to write a letter to Taylor. Will Violet be able to help Isabella convey her feelings to her long-lost sister?

It was nice seeing Violet with twintails.

EidS7y2f.png

Now to wait for the last Violet Evergarden movie.

Tales of Zestiria the Cross Episode 1-2 (Finished re-watching Episode 0)

79271.jpg

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 15 (Finished Daihasei Festival Arc Railgun Side)

347?cb=20200111190839

Occurring on September 19 on the first day of Academy City's annual Daihaseisai, it is concurrent with the story arc from Toaru Majutsu no Index though doesn't interact with it. The story arc deals with a conspiracy during the events of the festival involving Mikoto's Sisters, Shokuhou Misaki, and eventually Misaka Mikoto herself.

It was nice to finally see Daihasei Festival Arc Railgun Side animated.

Now to wait until Summer and hope this is the last delay(Most likey not the last delay but one can hope)

• Like 2

Rozen Maiden - 5/10

rozen-maiden-803.jpg?t=1404411396

I decided to watch this after looking up underrated anime and choosing one I haven't heard of before. Basically, it's about a middle school shut-in named Jun Sakurada who refuses to go to school and instead makes a hobby of buying weird items off of shady people on the internet. One day, Jun buys a mysterious doll who happens to be alive. The doll is apparently one of the Rozen Maidens, who are part of a survival game to become the perfect doll and reunite with their long-lost creator, and she needs Jun's help as her medium.

Rozen Maiden has an interesting premise and a solid first episode. For me, it quickly went downhill though as the story took a while to pick up. A good amount of the characters weren't all too likable either. There was some decent development (both character-wise and story-wise) towards the end of the season, so I'm hoping that season two will be better.

• Like 4

Armed Girl’s Machiavellism (complete, enjoyment: 4/5)

armed-girls-machiavellism-7964.jpg?t=153

I started this last night, it was pretty good... I guess that's obvious since I already finished it though. xD I'm surprised I never came across it before, especially since it's dubbed... & ecchi. :P I'm hoping it'll get a second season eventually, I think the manga is still going, so I guess it's possible. :hmm:

• Like 1

Lucky Star (Complete, enjoyment: 3.5/5)

It's okay if you like episodic gag-type anime where 90% of it is just high school girls talking/joking about random topics. I did like Konata though, she's awesome, & that opening theme is annoyingly catchy. ?

The Quintessential Quintuplets (complete, enjoyment: 4/5)

the-quintessential-quintuplets-11347.jpg

These kinda anime aren't too bad every now & then, as long as they're more comedy-based than dramas. :P It was actually pretty good, the ending seems to come up out of nowhere though, & gives you that "incomplete" feeling. Thankfully it does have a second season coming out next year, so I'll probably watch it just because I'm curious who the bride is. :hmm:

Spoiler

My guess is it'll be Miku, & I think she's probably the one in that photo too... she is my favorite out of the 5 though, so I may be a bit biased. xD

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 4

Rozen Maiden: Traumend - 6/10

rozen-maiden-traumend-1189.jpg?t=1404411

As expected, the second season of Rozen Maiden had an overall darker tone than the first, especially during the second half. While this season was not as boring as the first, there were several plot holes that made the story pretty confusing. I did enjoy the plot twists sprinkled here and there (even if some were obvious), but I feel like one important one could have been executed a little better. Well, I can at least say that the opening was a bop.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, dtb345 said:

Hunter x hunter (I'm new to anime dont judge me) On chimera ant arc

Starting with a classic, nothing wrong with that. My first anime was hunter x hunter, loved it, started watching a bunch of animes after hxh, always thought anime were just Kids shows with some fights here and there and oh boy i was wrong. yorknew city is my favorite arc btw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_pmMzb3x16bOk7t7Ds17

Just finished Kanata no astra, If you played an open world exploration game with survival themes, there’s a solid chance you’ll get a familiar vibe from this one. It takes place in 2063, a period where technology has evolved and is a revolution of growth. It seems every episode, the show tests the crew to tackle new challenges like an open world game. In essence, the show itself deals with space exploration while getting the audience to understand its characters, pretty much an One piece in space. The crew members consists of a balanced range of personalities and character bonds is one of the most important elements in this show.

With its sci-fi elements and odyssey of obstacles, every episode brings something new to the table. Even if you’re not a big fan of character drama, the show still works together as a fictional adventure in space, it's a solid 8/10 for me. 

• Like 2

Ultimate Otaku Teacher (complete, enjoyment: 4.5/5)

ultimate-otaku-teacher-6920.jpg?t=143359

Here's another random anime I started out of boredom, only for it to turn out really enjoyable. :D It's pretty underrated if you ask me (has a lot of low reviews, averaging out to around a 3/5), but that's just another sign I make the right choice completely ignoring most reviews when it comes to anime. :P

The only thing I felt hurt it a bit was that it's got a lot of interesting characters, but a lot of them don't have a very big impact on the story outside of their little arc, thus you can end up forgetting about them a couple episodes later (like Minako Kanou). ?

• Like 4

Hi Score Girl II - 10/10

hi-score-girl-ii-13114.jpg?t=1553145523

When I first heard of Hi Score Girl, the premise sounded interesting to me. A boy meets a girl who is really good at fighting games. It sounded a little too simple to be a knockout though, and the character designs initially felt a little bizarre. When I finally did get around to watching this though, my expectations were blown away. What starts out as a young boy named Haruo being giddy over games and being determined to take down his newfound rival, Akira, slowly builds into a pretty engaging romance story between the two (and eventually a second girl named Hidaka). The characters grew on me over time, their development being slow but steady.

Season two is much more romance-heavy while also giving small moments to let some of the minor characters shine as well. It also expanded on the idea of characters thinking by having conversations with their mains in fighting games (which was in season one but usually only with Haruo). This wasn't too distracting though and was actually a pretty interesting way to see what characters were thinking. I was going to give this a 9/10, but the final episode was easily the best in the series and left my eyes watering, so I had to give it a 10. Definitely recommend. Also, the openings for both seasons are bops. 

• Like 2

Naruto Shippuden | Anime-Planet

Naruto Shippuden. I'm only on episode 121 so I have a long journey ahead of me :P

I'm a total novice when it comes to anime. I've watched all of the original Naruto series, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and some of Naruto Shippuden. I'm planning on getting around to Death Note, Hunter x Hunter, and Attack on Titan sometime in the next few years. And maybe Boruto as well ;)

Edited by ResoluteRock
  • Like 2

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno (episode 1)

how-clumsy-you-are-miss-ueno-10276.jpg?t

I wasn't aware this was one of those short-type anime when I started it (12 minutes episodes), but I'll be continuing it just from how funny the first episode was... crude humor really is the best. ?

58 minutes ago, jemmie said:

Hi Score Girl II - 10/10

When I decided to watch Otaku Teacher, that one was also one of the anime I was considering. xD If it's that good though, I may have to check it out. :hmm:

• Like 2

Hi Score Girl (complete, enjoyment: 4.5/5)

hi-score-girl-9873.jpg?t=1527855789

@jemmie I've only watched the first season so far (+ the 3 OVAs), but you were right, that was definitely good, & the fact it centered around all those classic games made it even better (I wasn't expecting to see real games in it, even Final Fantasy gets mentioned). xD I'll probably start season 2 tomorrow. :D

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno (complete, enjoyment: 4/5)

how-clumsy-you-are-miss-ueno-10276.jpg?t

It was funny, no doubt about that. ? It's just a shame it's so short, each episode is around 12 minutes long (including opening/ending), & then that is split up to 2 episodic parts each... so there's not really any story (or even an ending) to it. ? It's still worth watching though, even just to kill some time.

• Like 3

Tales of Zestiria the Cross Episode 3-12 (Finished)

79271.jpg

Enjoyment level 10

The Celestial Records speak of the existence of the "Seraphim," a race of divine beings who give blessings to humanity and are offered prayers by them in return. Those who are anointed with the ability to interact with these spirits are known as "Shepherds." Hailed as heroes for their prompt appearances in times of crisis, while also being feared for their power, the Shepherds are imprinted in common folklore along with the Seraphim.

Sorey is a young human who has spent his entire life living in harmony alongside the Seraphim in the village of Elysia. Fascinated by the myths of the Celestial Records, he explores some nearby ruins with Mikleo—his childhood Seraphim companion—hoping to enlighten himself about the Seraphims' history with mankind.

Unfortunately, they become trapped in the depths of the historical site during their investigation. While searching for an exit, they come across a mysterious girl who desperately seeks the help of a Shepherd to save the world, which is on the brink of being consumed by darkness. Despite Mikleo's warning about making contact with other humans, Sorey decides to help the stranger, which unknowingly leads him closer to the dream of peaceful coexistence between man and Seraphim.

Nice to see that Episode 3 & 4 was of the Prequel: Tales of Berseria and used the Game OP of both Zestiria(EP3) and Berseria(EP4) as the ED.

Wonder if and how Velvet(Berseria MC and first sole Female Protag(without a Male Protag as well, looking at you Jude) in Tales of series)

It made me want to jump back to the Tales of Ufotable games I have left.

Mairimashita! Iruma-kun Episode 8-12

103187.jpg

Ai Tenchi Muyou! Episode 21-50 (Finished)

67801.jpg

Enjoyment level 9

Tenchi goes undercover as a teacher at an all-girl's school in order to save the universe.

Only Tenchi Muyo I have seen so far and liked it, also the character design was the same as Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth/Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? LN.

• Like 3