The last anime you saw?

Aexuz

6868.jpg     Kekkaishi

Genre: Fighting-Shounen

Year: 2006-2008

Sumimura Yoshimori is a Kekkaishi—an inheritor of the power to battle demons, using barriers called kekkai. His family is charged with protecting the grounds of Karasumori high school, a building which magnifies the power of demons who enter it. Helping him are his spirit-wolf companion Madarao, and next door-neighbor Yukimura Tokine, the daughter of a rival clan. Years ago, Tokine was injured protecting Yoshimori, and now he is determined to become strong enough to keep her from being hurt again. Of course, he'd rather bake his exquisite cakes than have to fight demons at all, but fate has something else in store! As a shadowy demon organization moves to steal Karasumori's power, can Yoshimori overcome legions of demons, a centuries-old family rivalry, and a grandfather who just can't understand his love for baking? [source: Anime-Planet]

Ore No Imöto (OreImo) Season 1& 2

9c399e7b13bf8854fed73de8b16c2fbf13766964

Genre: Romance, taboo/stereotypes, harem, siblings, family complex...

This is one captivating anime ! I watched all of it (2 seasons of 16 eps) in just 3 nights :S I just couldn't stop.

Apart from some some plot twists that seemed annoying at first, but actually turned out even better, this anime is almost flawles. Almost...

The huge flaw: The ending leaves you in emptynes and wanting for a slightly different turn of events (at least for me). I read a lot of reviews that just straight bash the ending in to the ground saying that they should've ended it at an earlier stage (Ayase kissing Kyousuke). I call BS on that though, I can tell at least 80% of the viewers was waiting for those last 4 episodes ! Personally I would've ended it after Kirino and Kyousuke getting married, But that's just me. *Sigh*

Just got to give them some credit for character dev aswell, it's top notch.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching this, it's certainly a must watch if you're into this genre !

Disclaimer ! If you have intentions of watching this, please be warned that this series may contain subjects and footage that some (conservative) people may find disturbing.

It requires some open-mindedness and empathy.

Now, back to feeling sad for another week...

Edited by DarKNesS_X

25313.jpg    Yawaraka Sangokushi Tsukisase!! Ryofuko-chan     +     3710.jpg     Clover

Genre: Comedy, Ecchi                                                                                                                        Genre: Music

Year: 2007-2008                                                                                                                                 Year: 1997

*some flashy stuff*

Uta no Prince-sama.

Alot of nosebleeds, i'm imaging a male Haruka with Otoya  <3

my poor eyes... >_<

1258.jpg

Honey and Clover II

Synopsis
While Takemoto uncovers a path for himself, his love for Hagu is forcing him to lead a difficult college life. Takemoto, Hagu, and Morita are still trying to deal with their love triangle, and each of them must make a decision. Furthermore, Mayama must decide how to proceed with Rika, as she is leaving for Spain. The pain of love will continue to hurt many and even cause them to separate. Now, each of them must take on their chosen paths and walk towards the future.

And it's a wrap ^_^

Ok... have you ever feel sometimes that you wish the anime with open ending don't have a sequel instead since you have more brighter and happier thoughts on what should've happened? This is my initial thought on first few episodes of this anime... I have lots of happy stuff and things I wish to wish happen... they never happened... :( but strange... even things I thought and wished didn't happened... I really did enjoyed watching the entire season...

Definitely more mature than the first season... tied up some lots of loose ends(well not all which is not surprising since it is Slice of Life anime.. right Hajime?), had plot twists and answered lots of questions I have in my mind... also loved that the anime followed almost everything the manga...definitely worth my time spent watching this xD 

Edited by JeieeM
  • Like 2

Finished episodes 10 and 11 in JoJo Stardust Crusaders, and well...

I did not expect Avdol to die  :( 
Jojo%E2%80%99s-Bizarre-Adventure-Episode

Also watched some more Bakuman 2 (18/25). This show has one of the most consistently amazing cast of characters in any Anime that i've watched. Its amazing that an anime about mangaka's could be so entertaining xD

And of course, Parasyte episode 20. Holy crap what an episode, made even better by the fact that the main SWAT guy was voiced by Emiya Kiritsugu  :D

Edited by Boooda

Started these

Seitokai Yakuindomo (2010)

Seitokai_Yakuindomo_DVD_Cover.jpg

Teekyuu (2012)

gfmP1.png

Decided to take a break and go for something more silly/lighthearted after all that pretentiousness that is Monogatari Series

And some dose of sci-fi, I have the full OVA on VHS of this lying around finally set it up and watched it.

Macross Plus (1994)

gfmTB.png

Edited by Ramonachan

67999.jpg

Kamisama Kiss

Synopsis

Nanami used to live in a ramshackle apartment with her father - a man who spent half his time gambling and the other half hiding from debt collectors - until one day the scoundrel ran away, leaving his daughter hungry and homeless. That is, until she meets a mysterious stranger in the park who deems her the new goddess of a local shrine! Unfortunately, Nanami’s new home is occupied by Tomoe, a fox familiar who objects to the presence of a mere mortal and immediately begins to bicker with the girl. If she can manage to form a contract with the troublesome man, he’ll be obligated to accept and help her perform her duties. But there’s a catch: Nanami has to kiss him first, and who’d want to lock lips with that awful guy?!

Got curious about this anime since there is a season 2 for this anime... quite funny with some romance... not sure though if I am going to watch the second season... :3

Also Some Update and Addition(beware... might contain intense emotions)

Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso E19

It's official... I am a member of Team Tsubaki ^_^ and that bonding of 3 pianist... ^_^

Kiseijuu Sei No Kakuritsu E20

oooh... bloody... somehow getting used to these violence btw... :P

Tokyo Ghoul A E8

after finishing the manga... couldn't help but compare the anime now to the manga... so technically my fault >_< wonder how they will wrap this anime up

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Tv E7

lol... just... lol...

Death Parade E8

No...NO... NO... NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! I THOUGHT THIS SHOULD BE SOMEHOW AN EPISODIC ANIME... WHAT'S WITH THIS CLIFFHANGER!!! SO YOU'RE TELLING ME I HAVE TO WAIT FOR A WEEK NOW??????????

Added Nichijou and Watamote in my currently watching anime... what the heck have I gotten into... might go crazy by laughing while watching these anime...

Edited by JeieeM
  • Like 2

18521.jpg     Karas

Genre: Action

Year: 2005-2007

The world of the humans and the world of the demons (youkai) have overlapped one another, leaving humans to walk the streets of life as they normally would, while demons walk, hidden from the naked eye, down the very same streets. A seemingly young woman named Yurine and her servant, the Karas (from the Japanese word for "Crow"), have long maintained order and balance between the overlapped worlds, ultimately keeping the demons from interrupting the lives of humans. However, humans have come to forget and jest at the existence of demons, and no longer understand the privilege it is to live without fear. Disgusted by this arrogance, an old Karas turns his back on the laws he had once upheld, and in his human form, named Eko, he creates an army of Mikura, or mechanized demons, to ready an attack on the human race.

A young man named Otoha inherits the powers of the Karas and takes his place at the side of Yurine, who claims that his soul called out for her while he lived the life of a human. They live in the world of the demons. It is now up to Otoha to prove himself as a Karas, and restore the balance that Eko threatens to upset.

Meanwhile, a superstitious police officer named Sagisaka and his rational new recruit, Kure, follow the trail of the murders dealt by Eko's Mikura, as well as the trail of a rogue Mikura named Nue. The prophecy unfolds from here into a grave revelation for all in the city. [source: Wikipedia]

What genre is this ? Looks like a rom-com aka interesting :P

Not really what you would call a romance (at least from what I've seen, still have the OVAs and S2 left) just slice of life highschool comedy, it reminds me a lot of Azumanga only the jokes are double entendre at times.

gh5vN.png

Not really what you would call a romance (at least from what I've seen, still have the OVAs and S2 left) just slice of life highschool comedy, it reminds me a lot of Azumanga only the jokes are double entendre at times.

Fair enough, sounds interesting :) Might check it out after that hilarious scene :P

Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne

rin-daughters-of-mnemosyne-tv-movie-post

Lots of blood and gore, if you enjoyed watching bodies getting dismembered in Elfen Lied then you'll like this for sure. 

Extreme violent sexual themes maybe too disturbing for most viewers. You have been warned. 

• Like 1

Is Archer considered anime? I didn't know that. o.O

There's a debate that anime is a general term that refers to all animation.

But what people consider as anime is animated shows produced in Japanese studios usually adapted from a source material i.e. Manga, Light Novels, Visual Novels, there are some that are original Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Neon Genesis Evangelion being the most popular examples.

Here's a picture of the best Anime of All time.

ghdqv.png

The pinnacle of the slice of life genre.

Edited by Ramonachan

Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne

rin-daughters-of-mnemosyne-tv-movie-post

Lots of blood and gore, if you enjoyed watching bodies getting dismembered in Elfen Lied then you'll like this for sure. 

Extreme violent sexual themes maybe too disturbing for most viewers. You have been warned. 

I was thinking of picking up that series at some point, perhaps will if it is cheap again...

Just finished Black Butler. 

Now Im watching soul eater

Black Butler was fun. I think the most fun in Soul Eater is Excalibur. lol