Anyone else in a rush to clear out all their PS3 online trophies?

ThatMuttGuy

2 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

This is literally the easiest MP trophy ever and takes about five minutes. Send me a message on psn and I’ll help you get it 

I'll do that when I'm not as drunk as I'm right now!

• Like 1

On 6.1.2018 at 6:20 PM, SirPigFace said:

I had this PS3 clear out last year. They were all online ones.

Black Ops 2 - I had around 4 DLC zombie packs to complete, plus 2 zombie trophies from that main game, so that was around 42 trophies that could of been unobtainable if they close the servers/zombies down.

Black Ops 1 - I had 1 Easter Egg trophy left to get which required 4 players.

Payday 2 - I had around 6 trophies left on this one, pretty tough ones as well. A few of them were annoying 4 player trophies that I didn't have the motivation to complete earlier and are pretty much impossible with randoms.

is BO1 shutting down?

10 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I just made a list of all the PS3 games that I have on my profile with unearned online trophies. It's 13...

Well, on the bright side, as long as I get some notice before they shut down I can probably get them all. 

Im looking at 20 ish games w mp ill need to knock out.  Out of 101 physical games. Lol going to be... Fun. . . just a matter of doing it

Bio shock 2 to split second lol

Unsure if some are even obtainable anymore. I know 3 are dead ( mag. Wkc2, resistance 2)

Just now, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Im looking at 20 ish games w mp ill need to knock out.  Out of 101 physical games. Lol going to be... Fun. . . just a matter of doing it

Bio shock 2 to split second lol

Unsure if some are even obtainable anymore. I know 3 are dead ( mag. Wkc2, resistance 2)

2018 is going to be the year of the PS3 backlog for me lol.

I think I'm going to do Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare next as that whole game relies on online for trophies. 

3 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

2018 is going to be the year of the PS3 backlog for me lol.

I think I'm going to do Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare next as that whole game relies on online for trophies. 

I try to avoid games w massive online trophys.. Some sneak in thou x.x

I got stuff like

Bioshock 2. 

Tekken v street fighter

Injustice

Last of us

Nfs: hot pursuit

Mgs: pw

Lol ect

Hopefully yours are easy to boost. Or have decently active mp

* im dreading cod : mw 2/3 spec ops. X.x lol 

Just now, itachi-destroyer said:

Fortunately for you, CoD MW2 and MW3 spec ops mission are easily doable solo :) 

Give or take. Was fun playing w now ex gf... Kinda * accidentally shot her... Alot...*

Grabing some off the odd balls. Such as 50/50 kills an ones req. Other people to do meeeeh.

That and i flat out suck at a few of them like the juggernaut rushes x.x" 

Step dad ( retired marine whos obessed with bf4 xD and a good gamer) an my self were stoped so hard back in 2011-2013 when we would do these xD

I’ve been worried about this for a while, probable since that gamespy server closure and so many games got shut off. I think this year is going to be another bad one for Ps3 servers closures. 

Just a rough count, I’ve got about 55 games with mp I want to do, but I doubt I’ll be able to do it all ?  I just had to cut Dirt 3 from the list as the online pass is no longer available in store so I can’t get mp done despite servers still being up. 

I did all the MW2 spec ops solo on the 360. I have so many games on the 360 that would have been plats. 

1 minute ago, black__bunny said:

I’ve been worried about this for a while, probable since that gamespy server closure and so many games got shut off. I think this year is going to be another bad one for Ps3 servers closures. 

Just a rough count, I’ve got about 55 games with mp I want to do, but I doubt I’ll be able to do it all ?  I just had to cut Dirt 3 from the list as the online pass is no longer available in store so I can’t get mp done despite servers still being up. 

Wow, that's awful. I'm so glad online passes aren't a thing anymore for new games.

1 minute ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Give or take. Was fun playing w now ex gf... Kinda * accidentally shot her... Alot...*

Grabing some off the odd balls. Such as 50/50 kills an ones req. Other people to do meeeeh.

That and i flat out suck at a few of them like the juggernaut rushes x.x" 

Step dad ( retired marine whos obessed with bf4 xD and a good gamer) an my self were stoped so hard back in 2011-2013 when we would do these xD

Some of them were hard indeed but I managed to do all of them by myself and I'm only average at FPS games so I'm sure you could do it with some practice :D 

There are some guides that provides nice info to cheese some missions so if you have trouble doing them maybe you should look some video guides to help you figure out an easier way to beat the missions.

1 minute ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Some of them were hard indeed but I managed to do all of them by myself and I'm only average at FPS games so I'm sure you could do it with some practice :D 

There are some guides that provides nice info to cheese some missions so if you have trouble doing them maybe you should look some video guides to help you figure out an easier way to beat the missions.

True, lol did this for some of starwars battlefeild challanges.

Im a decent fps player

Was at my best in bf3 and ok in hardline xp

Maayybe one day so long as it doesnt req. Server access i should be golden

( one of many reasions i enjoy my rpgs / single player games)

• Like 1

@stormarea There is no information on when they will be but surely it will only be a matter of time because COD games get released every year and a lot of people will be on PS4 now so the numbers will be dropping. Black Ops 1 has been out for over 7 year so I cant imagine their servers being very busy. I just completed them to be safe, you never know when games will drop a tweet saying there servers will go down for good ? 

it's even worse for me, when I heard Saints row will shut down (the ONE trophy where you have to create a character and upoad ro something it is an online trophy, the rest of it is offline, BS!)

I bought a copy of saints row bc it was on my wishlist for a long time and I just don't want to miss it on PS3. So I do the one online trophy now xD

Yeah the closures are scaring me and I wanted to get all ps3 stuff mainly done before I touched the ps4 but that plan didn't work out to well haha. I know I'll be doing gta4, driver san fran, twisted metal, cod mw 2 & 3, and Deamon Souls. There are games I still want to buy that has mp but I just might say screw it and not worry about it.

On 1/6/2018 at 10:23 AM, ThatMuttGuy said:

After seeing a bunch of games getting shut down early this year, I'm looking at all my PS3 games and trying to at least get the online trophies done. I'm sure I'm not alone lol. 

I probably should be more mindful, but I haven't really been in a rush. I suppose I'll get Truck Racer this Thursday out of the way.

8 hours ago, HailHale81 said:

Yeah the closures are scaring me and I wanted to get all ps3 stuff mainly done before I touched the ps4 but that plan didn't work out to well haha. I know I'll be doing gta4, driver san fran, twisted metal, cod mw 2 & 3, and Deamon Souls. There are games I still want to buy that has mp but I just might say screw it and not worry about it.

Demon's Souls can be abbreviated with online, but it's not at all necessary.

I'm worried servers will get shut down for games I own so I'm doing all the online stuff right now. I'm also going to play all the games I bought but didn't get a chance to start yet as I want to start moving on from PS3 and not feel like I've wasted money on games I haven't played yet. Some of these games are PS3 greats and I think it's important I play them. I also don't want to stop playing PS3 feeling like I should've played more games and that I missed out on some.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2018 at 3:42 PM, milanbarca82 said:

Thankfully, most of my PS3 backlog are single-player games.  So, i'm not worried.

I'd say the only worry is when Sony shuts down the PS3 servers for the ps3. We don't know how they would control uploading trophies if they shut down the PS3 completely. I'm sure they would do something about that though 

Yeah. Unfortunately I was pretty lazy with completing games last gen, or maybe I was just jumpy, and now fear that I might not be able to even sync them some day down the line. I won't be finishing them all, but if I can get maybe 4-5 more plats or 100% on ps3, then I consider that an achievement. I tend to get more things done when I set actually realistic standards for myself. I don't really have a backlog, but the completion rate for a few things that I actually paid money for are inexcusable compared to my PS4 library.

• Like 1