Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

8 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

Just FYI, it’s not going over 100k that glitches people out, it’s playing through the server reset. I’m sure there are other reasons but playing through the server reset glitched me out twice on ribbons and I know of someone who didn’t get vgc and was still boosting when the server reset 

First I've heard this proposed and very interesting if true. Anyone else notice this? We might be finding a preventable cause here... Thanks @turpinator1986!

18 minutes ago, MrMaximusHTO said:

For the past 2 days iv been on 2k an hour is that good , its been consistantly 2k an hour so atleast i know the hours i need to put in

I mean yes, that's very good. Double what I was getting on average. This will vary based on # of alts also. I hope you didn't only start two days ago, however! ?

Edited by Afro_Gear

9 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

Just FYI, it’s not going over 100k that glitches people out, it’s playing through the server reset. I’m sure there are other reasons but playing through the server reset glitched me out twice on ribbons and I know of someone who didn’t get vgc and was still boosting when the server reset 

Yeah, I stopped playing on sunday, checked my score again on monday.  No reason to keep playing. 

9 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

Damn, I shouldn't have started that last match 7 minutes prior to the reset:comp:

That match rolled over to the next day's ranking, so my session overlapped.

Well, I'll be more careful next week. If I make it. I'll exit 30 minutes before the reset. Then I'll even format my other console to run the game on a clean system. Yes, I'm paranoid :dance:

And I'm getting a strange déjà vu right now about this post. A glitch in the Matrix? ?

11 hours ago, Sergen said:

It's hardly predictable but I would be guessing that it could be another 70,000 - 85,000 week.

I'd say, boosters with less than 90k need not apply...:popcorn:

Edited by K0t0bl1tz

2 minutes ago, K0t0bl1tz said:

Damn, I shouldn't have started that last match 7 minutes prior to the reset:comp:

That match rolled over to the next day's ranking, so my session overlapped.

Well, I'll be more careful next week. If I make it. I'll exit 30 minutes before the reset. Then I'll even format my other console to run the game on a clean system. Yes, I'm paranoid :dance:

And I'm getting a strange déjà vu right now about this post. A glitch in the Matrix? 1f640.png

I'd say, boosters with less than 90k don't need to apply...:popcorn:

I'll be very shocked if 90,000 is the cut off point. But Potent_Delusions has said he knew 6 people who have more than 100,000 and I'm helping someone who currently has just surpassed 100,000 so there will be more than a few people with that score. Use up your Sunday to get as close to or above 100,000 if you can. 

4 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Use up your Sunday to get as close to or above 100,000 if you can.

Tomorrow's the last day I'm helping my teammate (he's going for 90k+), the next week is mine. We're an effective team + now I know the reason why the trophy glitches, so I'm pretty confident.

2 hours ago, K0t0bl1tz said:

Tomorrow's the last day I'm helping my teammate (he's going for 90k+), the next week is mine. We're an effective team + now I know the reason why the trophy glitches, so I'm pretty confident.

Care to share? Or are you referring to what I said?

Edited by turpinator1986

On 2/7/2018 at 11:27 PM, turpinator1986 said:

As you can see I apologised for misreading your post. The least you could have done is acknowledge that instead of responding with yet more snide comments. Honestly I’m done trying to help out this community. I’ll keep my considerable knowledge and experience to myself in future. 

By the way, I forgot to add: I didn't see your apology before I wrote my response. I wouldn't have pursued the topic had I seen your apology. Just to let you know. Sorry about that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bale_Fire said:

Sort of a random question, but you guys were saying something about sync issues earlier? Is that another problem to worry about with this trophy?

Not in particular. The servers are bad with accepting match results so in the end only about 2/3 of your games played will save stats.

Everyone has the same problem though so once you play hundreds of matches, the number of stats saved will be roughly the same across the board.

Edited by IDiivil

1 hour ago, IDiivil said:

Not in particular. The servers are bad with accepting match results so in the end only about 2/3 of your games played will save stats.

Everyone has the same problem though so once you play hundreds of matches, the number of stats saved will be roughly the same across the board.

Oh yeah. I'm already aware that the servers only record about half the games. But it sounded like people were having trouble with the trophy popping up at the end of the week.

1 hour ago, Bale_Fire said:

Oh yeah. I'm already aware that the servers only record about half the games. But it sounded like people were having trouble with the trophy popping up at the end of the week.

Yes, a few people did not receive the trophy for some reason unknown to anyone.  We can only speculate and theorize on the causes and fixes... this game is just a mess.

Edited by DARKB1KE

3 hours ago, Bale_Fire said:

As mentioned it’s all guess work really but to give yourself the best chance of not glitching, stop playing about 15 mins before the servers are due to update. 

The other syncing issue issue I can recall anyone having is somebody tried to keep their trophies unsynced so they would be able to delete this off their list if they didn’t eat this trophy but even though they followed the correct steps, their trophy list auto synced itself, which a ps3 should not do so just be wary of that too if it’s an option you’re considering. 

1 hour ago, Nrlttrll said:

I played through the reset and did not get it, however, a friend of mine was in the same match and he did get it.  I was the host.

Could that be the answer to the question play over server reset yes or no? The Host doesn't get the trophy, the guests do get it?!

A friend of mine played through too but wasn't host and got the trophy

This week's cut off point was 95,575 to get the trophy... That's really fucking insane hahahaha. No doubt next week will require more than 100,000 to have a chance. There were less people playing the game this week compared to other weeks, so that was a contributing factor. If you've yet to start Killzone 2, I kind of recommend not starting now, less people play the game but quite a few people go for insanely high scores out of paranoia towards getting the trophy. 

Also a noteworthy detail about that cutoff point is that there's two people at shared 19th rank with 95575. So guess we will see whether or not the game witl give both or just one of them the trophy.

I'd be pretty pissed if I was the second guy and didn't make it just because the game placed me lower on the list for some arbitrary reason.

Edited by IDiivil