Your most hated monster

cjl73185

Just blowing off steam but I really hate black diablos then in second bazelgeese. I've been doing tempered black diablos quests for the last hourish and fainted more fighting him than I did doing the sapphire star guidance quest. He can almost one hit me with maxed out augmented armor. He's a prick and bazel is just annoying with his exploding pod scales.

Yeah, definitely both of the Diablos and the Bazelgeuse. Diablos mainly because of that attack they do where they pop out of the ground. Sometimes I'll be stunned and they get me that way or I'll be stuck in an animation where I either can't move or move out of the way in time.

Bazelgeuse on the other hand are like that guy you know that you don't want to show up at all because they are loud, obnoxious, and throw bombs everywhere. Just when a hunt is going good, suddenly the Bazelgeuse is dropping right in unannounced ready to bomb the hell out of you like Berlin. Thankfully Dung Pods can send them away, but not everyone uses them and you can't cultivate them. Still, the first time it started showing up for me, this sums up how I felt every time.

563.jpg

I guess I can also say I don't like some of the Elder's Recess monsters because they run into the lava area a lot. But I think of all the Elder Dragons I dislike Vaal Hazak the most because you have to munch down on Nulberries whenever you fight him.

Edit: Oh right, how could I forget the Kirin? That one takes the number one spot for me because the lightning attacks are very annoying both to dodge and when they stun you. The worst is when it runs into a tight space where you can't dodge it that well. But it also has an odd hitbox (not as bad as Nergigante at least) where it can hit you even though it shouldn't. I was behind it once and it did it's charge forward attack that somehow hit me anyway.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 2

I don't hate the b-52 bomber as much because he does loads of damage to the target monster. Kirin can go burn because basically, it's "Hippity hoppity get off my lawn!" I do like its female armor set though. Diablos has that weird hitbox whenever he pops up from the ground.

Also, this monster is not in the game (I hope to whichever God exist that Capcom does not bring it over), but it's my most hated monster; called Plesioth. The fight is not with him, but with the hitbox; you can be under him and get hit by both his tail whip and hip check, you can be on the other side of his hip check and get hit, you can get hit even if your 5 feet away from his hipcheck, and you can get hit as his hip check animation finishes up. Also, when you knock it down, his head moves at a million miles per hour, making it hard to hit its head. 

Also, @Redgrave, you can nullify the effects of Val hazaak by wearing a full set of Great Girros or Val Hazaak armor. Alternatively, wearing three miasma jewels would suffice as well.

Edited by wackt1

7 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

Also, @Redgrave, you can nullify the effects of Val hazaak by wearing a full set of Great Girros or Val Hazaak armor. Alternatively, wearing three miasma jewels would suffice as well.

I was thinking of getting Vaal Hazak armor eventually and maybe switching between that and the Nergigante armor. The only thing really keeping me from going straight for it is the Nergigante armor offers better attack and stamina.

Bazelgeuse and Nergigante

Bazelgeuse cuz as everyone knows he appears everywhere spamming his bomb like crazy

even if you shot him with dung bod he will return quick and I will not be surprised if he appeared in the HQ someday

as for Nergigante i hate him cuz of his super flaying move if he's a tempered one its one hit kill no matter where you go

Gonna have to be Lavasioth. He moves around in the most annoying areas in the game, half the fight is downtime and you’re bouncing off 99% of the time if you don’t have Mind’s Eye. On top of that he takes a really long time to kill (for a non-elder). He isn’t terribly difficult, but i’d argue that only makes hunting him even more mind numbing.

As a hammer-user I have trouble with every monster that doesn't telegraph enough its hip check...Still, my most hated monster is Tzitzi-Ya-Ku. Stupid blue chicken, going around and blinding hunters just to go away right after that, laughing. I can't wait for Coral Highlands crown quest to bring hell onto all of its kind.

Kirin, especially tempered.  Kirin, Teostra and Vaal Hazak.  Anything else is fine.  I actually quite enjoy fighting Bazelgeuse.  So long as you watch for his charge, he's pretty easy to take down.   But it's like anything, someone else's play style will make a different monster their hardest one.