temp-910724

How to get other region Vita games trophies WITHOUT CFW

524 posts in this topic

There's no way I'd ever do this, certainly not with the fact that your trophies can sync out of order and also the time stamps out of order. Also, the fact that this method is the only way to have multiple region trophies on your account other than your own region (since it's only one account per Vita) makes this blatantly obvious to all including Sony that your doing this. PS3 and PS4 are different since you can have multiple accounts on those consoles anyway. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only do this vita trick just so I can use the Japanese themes on my vita. Seriously, the JP PSN store has a lot of really nice themes. Even ones we never got. No love for the US.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ichiban-Hybrid said:

I only do this vita trick just so I can use the Japanese themes on my vita. Seriously, the JP PSN store has a lot of really nice themes. Even ones we never got. No love for the US.

Where do you navigate on the Japanese PS Store to get to themes? I looked on the Japanese PS Store on my PS4 and I can't find a theme section. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Where do you navigate on the Japanese PS Store to get to themes? I looked on the Japanese PS Store on my PS4 and I can't find a theme section. 


I don’t think the vita section is available while browsing on the PS4. It has to be done on the Vita.

Edited by Ichiban-Hybrid
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i used this trick to add a game but failed to add a second game. Here's what's happened to me:

 

two days ago i created a new Gmail adress, played 36 Fragments of Midnight from my US acc on my Vita, used the method described in the very first post of this topic to sync the trophies to my main acc (from which i am posting). After synching i disabled Wifi connection on my Vita, started Mecho Tales from the US acc and got the :platinum: just a few Min ago. I opened up the Mail App and used the old email with the psnreg file but after a few failed attempts to switch acc, i called a new email from the website vitatricks and then sadly my Mail App said error, wrong credentials. I think the Mail App asked too many times for new emails. I deleted the Acc on the Vita and wanted to add it again but got more error messages saying wrong credentials. So I created a Yahoo Mailadress but couldn't login at all on my Vita. I know i had to unlock insecure apps within my Google Acc but i didn't see such thing on Yahoo. Weird.

 

When i was about to give up on this matter i tried once more with my Google Acc and i could login again and all seemed good again. I used the new email to get the psnreg file to start switching accounts and here i made another mistake: i closed the mail app after switching from my alt to my main acc. Then i loged off my main and then loged in again, opened up the Mail App and got an error saying wrong acc pls format the memory card. I couldn't access the email to switch accs again :(

 

So i'll format the memory card, play Mecho Tales again and hope to synch it in a few days later then :(

Edited by Evil_Joker88
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

i made another mistake: i closed the mail app after switching from my alt to my main acc. Then i loged off my main and then loged in again, opened up the Mail App and got an error saying wrong acc pls format the memory card :(

 

So i'll format the memory card, play Mecho Tales again and hope to synch it in a few days later then :(

I once formatted the mail app but i was still able to sync trophies to my main account after formatting.I’m not %100 sure but try to sync trophies first when you do the trick.If the old trophies still on the database you can’t earn them again anyway. Make sure you do log in with your alt account with the mail app too before syncing(second time trick). 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, anilcanballi said:

I once formatted the mail app but i was still able to sync trophies to my main account after formatting.I’m not %100 sure but try to sync trophies first when you do the trick.If the old trophies still on the database you can’t earn them again anyway. Make sure you do log in with your alt account with the mail app too before syncing(second time trick). 

 

I'm not sure if what you wrote is helpful to me but that's partially my fault as i read my post again. I added a sentence "i couldn't use the email to switch accs for the 2nd time" after the part you quoted me on. The problem was simply that the email was linked to my alt and i tried to open it with my main and that didn't work :( the trophies were gone. I looked through my main but there were no local trophies saved - as expected.

 

I formated the Vita, installed the alt again, started Mecho Tales again und the local trophy list is at 0% so i can earn the :platinum: again and be more careful next time to synch it right (to my main) :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

 

I'm not sure if what you wrote is helpful to me but that's partially my fault as i read my post again. I added a sentence "i couldn't use the email to switch accs for the 2nd time" after the part you quoted me on. The problem was simply that the email was linked to my alt and i tried to open it with my main and that didn't work :( the trophies were gone. I looked through my main but there were no local trophies saved - as expected.

 

I formated the Vita, installed the alt again, started Mecho Tales again und the local trophy list is at 0% so i can earn the :platinum: again and be more careful next time to synch it right (to my main) :)

Not 100% sure here, but I would say that after you synced the trophies for the 1st game, you should be in a "hybrid" mode. And you can't switch account again in this mode. ( I assume that you finished the 2nd time in less than 24 hours). 

 

As I was using offline method, i would log off then log on with the alt account after each trophy syncing, just make sure the vita is going out of that "hybrid" mode, sometimes I even turn off the vita just to make sure the slate is clean. The only thing is that you will have to re-authorize the console. but nothing wrong happened so far.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Maverick6146 said:

Not 100% sure here, but I would say that after you synced the trophies for the 1st game, you should be in a "hybrid" mode. And you can't switch account again in this mode. ( I assume that you finished the 2nd time in less than 24 hours). 

 

As I was using offline method, i would log off then log on with the alt account after each trophy syncing.

 

It was almost 48 hours after the 1st game when i finished the 2nd game. The Vita was turned off twice in between. I don't see a need to synch after every trophy i'll just do it after 1 game completed

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm itching for the Asian/HK version of Shinobido 2 and can't find a hardy copy anywhere online, I won't be going to HK for a long time. The situation with this game is the NA version was not compatible with the PSTV and the EU version is. If the HK version isn't compatible with the PSTV I'd need to use my "Whitelisted" PSTV, formatting will kill the whitelist. I guess what I'm saying is I want to play the HK version digital on an Australian account without formatting.

 

Unless of course anyone can find an Asian copy for sale online,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

 

I platted this game in this order , JP, US, EU

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday i played Tetra's Escape on my HK account and after going through world 6 i knew i had the most of the trophies but i opened up the trophy list to see exactly what i have and the Vita started to synch trophies as Wifi was active. I was shocked but put Wifi off immedeately but synching reach 75% status and i was certain the info was on the server for the alt acc. I looked through my main acc at the trophy list of my alt and saw what i assumed: 16 of 22 trophies unlocked. I was frustrated and thought all work lost. So i started 36 Fragments of Midnight and got 3 trophies really quick. I used the switch acc trick to synch the trophies to my main and was surprised to see all trophies from the other game (Tetra's Escape) on my main acc. After finishing 36 Fragments i continued with Tetra's Escape and unlocked all tophies without any problem and synched them to my main. Seems like aborting the first unintentional synch did help here?!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sync one to two trophy at time. At least that way I never screw myself over.

 

 

Edited by Kishnabe
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Yesterday i played Tetra's Escape on my HK account and after going through world 6 i knew i had the most of the trophies but i opened up the trophy list to see exactly what i have and the Vita started to synch trophies as Wifi was active. I was shocked but put Wifi off immedeately but synching reach 75% status and i was certain the info was on the server for the alt acc. I looked through my main acc at the trophy list of my alt and saw what i assumed: 16 of 22 trophies unlocked. I was frustrated and thought all work lost. So i started 36 Fragments of Midnight and got 3 trophies really quick. I used the switch acc trick to synch the trophies to my main and was surprised to see all trophies from the other game (Tetra's Escape) on my main acc. After finishing 36 Fragments i continued with Tetra's Escape and unlocked all tophies without any problem and synched them to my main. Seems like aborting the first unintentional synch did help here?!

 

Always close wifi for offline method. Checking the trophy list offline seems ok. I only open wifi when I ready to do the trick and I never had any issues so far. By the way, if you need to change the alt account, make sure to format vita first. Doing the trick again without formatting only works if the accounts are the same. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2020 at 6:40 PM, anilcanballi said:

 

 

Always close wifi for offline method. Checking the trophy list offline seems ok. I only open wifi when I ready to do the trick and I never had any issues so far. By the way, if you need to change the alt account, make sure to format vita first. Doing the trick again without formatting only works if the accounts are the same. 

I do exactly the same, better safe than sorry here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, does it work with PSN+ games?

 

My main account is US, but i have a alt Brazilian account with my Plus and it has some Vita Games i never played.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nego_Brown_ said:

Guys, does it work with PSN+ games?

 

My main account is US, but i have a alt Brazilian account with my Plus and it has some Vita Games i never played.

Yes, it works. Do the trick and download the ps+ games like the other games, no difference.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone confirm the method still works after the recent trophy update? I just can't get it to work today, I'm using the online method, and at the end after the error, I get a prompt to log in with my alt acc

 

Update: for anyone wondering, it works, looks like you need to accept new terms of services on your alt account.

Edited by timpurnat
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys/gals, I want to do two delisted games. I was able to get them from the EU store. One doesn’t have any online trophies so I’m ok with the offline method. But the other does have  a single online trophy. My questions are these: can I do the online trophy and sync it by itself and do the offline stuff afterwards? What do I need to do after I obtain the online trophy? Do I have to reformat again? Wait 24 hours after the online “grace period” is done? Or...? 

 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Cynicgods
Punctuation
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be doing something similar as I can easily format my PS Vita to be linked to a different region, then switch back to my main once the game in question is done. 
 

Honestly though, I’m not clicking the link in the thread nor doing the sign-in/sign-out method of game sharing as I can still purchase Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition thru the Hong Kong store. So technically this isn’t game sharing, but I already have multiple region accounts on both PS3/PS4 so I can do those three online trophies for Duke Nukem, with the HK account set up as a dummy while I rack kills with my main. 
 

Then once that’s done I can sync those trophies thru my main then format the PS Vita so it is linked back to my main. 
 

Shouldn’t be an issue, and presents less of a risk than the method the OP made out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I really need help here, I need to Buy the HK digital version as a last ditch effort before the store closes. However my 2 vita TV's are on my En account and I can't really format to HK and start again. Basically I need to load my Main, Switch to HK, trophy the game and upload to the main from HK account. This is pretty much the opposite of the method suggested, is it al all feasible? I'm kinda desperate.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt I'll ever be using this for region stacking, but it is helpful because I have some crossbuy PS3/Vita games that I had on my old account and I can now play them on vita. Pretty useful but you gotta be really careful.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 11:01 PM, SrRodriguesdeS said:

the vita tricks web site is down or something???? can open here ***------******

I have the same problem, have you found a workaround?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have the email from the vita tricks web site. I can forward the email to you.

But, its from 2019. So, not sure, if there have been made any changes and if it still works.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now