Trophy Hunting Technique - What's Your Strategy?

Bullstomp

Trophy Hunting Technique - How do you manage your trophy hunting?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. What is your personal strategy in regards to going after trophies?

• Play just one game until you have knocked out the Platinum and/or 100% for it
    • Play multiple games at once, trying for the Platinum in each based on your rotations difficulty
    • Play a game and if you like it play to Platinum, if the interest isn't there drop it in backlog and come back to it . . .eventually
    • Just play, if a Platinum happens great. If not, I could care less
    • Other - Please specify below

• 2 weeks later...

Right now i'm trying to clear my backlog as fast as possible so i can continue on my latest games such as Bio Infinite, ACIII etc.

I read the guide, watch walkthroughs and collectible video guides before i begin on playing a playthrough to maximize and lessen another playthrough. Like that i finish the game rather fast.

I always focus on one game before i begin on another.

Edited by azlanslayer

Play, Play, Play and Play some more.... Not really thats what you would normally do. Just persist and do what ever the requirement states and you should be good (If your not ucking around with a mate while playing lego games like i do)

I look at the trophies first and see which seem easy, medium, hard to get. I play multiple games at once, not usually thinking about getting platinum. The thought is at the back of my mind, but if some of the trophies are ones I know I won't be able to get, then I just forget the idea of platinum, and just play and see what happens.

I would like to get a nice amount of platinum's, but I'm not that great at gaming, haha. I do try!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm all over the map. Usually I have 1-2 games I'm really aiming to plat. I have a backlog though, consisting of games I'm finding ridiculously hard to plat/100% (Fat Princess, MK vs DC, KOF13). I came here for advice on how to deal with difficulty. Do you just bang head against the wall and keep at it until you get it and say "UGH! I CAN DO THIS!" and do it like any other chore or is difficult at some point too difficult (and when)?

• Like 1

I have bought a lot of games that I just haven't played yet (I did go through them and add them to my profile to give me a kick start.....somewhat) and I'll get around to them eventually.

I do get distracted by the "ooh, shiny" effect of new games, so I am trying my best to play what I have instead of just adding to my backlog.

There are some new games that I'll buy day one, The Last of Us for example, but that's a game I know I'll sink a fair bit of time into.

I recently got rid of all my Xbox stuff and the money generated from that has paid for 2/3 of my PS4 (basing that on a price of £350), I now need to focus on getting my backlog down.

The other reason for tackling the games I have is when I look at them, I sometimes get overwhelmed and end up playing on my PC instead, which just doesn't help.

PS+ is great for the money, just not good at reducing my backlog.  I will try and get all the trophies I can whilst trying to avoid gaming fatigue.

Never started getting plat's until a couple of years ago and that's why i have 

a bunch of low completed games 

But i do try to get as many games plat or high completion before putting in my backlog 

unless there's a new release that i get which is often hence my massive backlog .

I usually play one sp game and maybe boost/play one mp game on the side when friends are online to play it with. I'll stick with that one sp game until I plat it and I'll try for 100% if the dlc isn't too expensive. I am somewhat of a completionist, but I find that what drives to get all the trophies in a game is more about getting all that I paid for. That goes double for dlc, so I'll eventually get to Uncharted 2 and 3... :ninja:

I picked other.

My method is similar to this one. Normally I will play a game all the way through and beat it. Once I have beat it, if I feel like I have been bured out on the game I will leave it for later. Sometimes I will pick a game and go for the plat in that game as my main goal, but will play other games at the same time if MP people aren't available.

So in that I would say I have 1 main game and several alternates that I play at the same time.

• Like 1

Pretty much like allenbird. I'm actually playing PayDay The Heist as main game and boosting Resident Evil 5 or Bioshock 2 MP when there are enough boosters. I got really disencouraged by PAYDAY at first, because i died a lot, but now it's getting really fun, i'm learning the maps and stop going full rambo, also going into cover when i get shot and moving slowly to kill and get to cover again. The game is not hard, i was just a pwned noob. Just before going back to work, i managed to accomplish Easy Street on hard with 1 friend and 2 randoms, while i was just reputation 28 :D

I used to get one game and play it until plat, but somehow i got bored with all the games i have, including Alien Breed: Impact which MP is region locked (i live in Brazil, i'm fked) or local (my friends suck really bad). There is also a glitch to complete coop playing solo, but aliens are just too overwhelming, so i backlogged it... for a while.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Play a game and if you like it play to Platinum, if the interest isn't there drop it in backlog and come back to it . . .eventually

sorta like that, but sometimes when its too hard or the trophy is too boring i would put it away if i have another game on my list i wanna play then come back when i feel like i dont know what to do

• 2 weeks later...

Usually if it is a game where I know that I can platinum it, then I will focus on that game.  I would say about half of my plats follow this.  The other half was games I had trophies, but no internet access, so getting the plat. didn't make much since.  Probably boils down to outdoing my friends and people I meet.

• 2 weeks later...

If there are games I really like to play multiple times I will go for the platinum. If it isn't a great game but I can get the platinum in one playthrough I go for that. But if I need multiple playthroughs I'll just play through it once. There are some games I dont even attempt to get them in though (Modnation, MVC, Wipeout, etc)

• 3 years later...

Since I'm very weak when it comes to doing 2 things at the same time, I usually play 1 game, get the Platinum, then play another game. If there's a situation whereby I have 3 or more games to Platinum, I play them separately per day and come close to maybe 80%. 

It's really just about taking your time... That's it.

Depends, a lot of the time, I'll look up the trophies and trophy guide for any game before starting it, and decide then and there if the platinum is worth going for or not. But there's plenty of times where, once I've actually started playing a game, it isn't really enjoyable enough for me to attempt the platinum, even if it's relatively easy, I don't want to waste my time on a game I'm not enjoying.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

For me I usually I usually do a lot of preparation for a game. I find the trophy guide for my next game and study that. Then I read forums from both here and Playstationtrophies.org on tips and glitches and what not to do for a certain trophy. Then I find videos on Youtube on how to beat certain levels in the game. What's the shortest way to earn this trophy and how to beat hard levels etc. Since I usually go for the top 50 fastest achievers leader board it takes a bit longer for me to start my next game. But I enjoy at least 95% of the games I play so for me its worth taking the time and dedication.

Edited by marvelboy10

Play a game and if you like it play to Platinum, if the interest isn't there drop it in backlog and come back to it . . .eventually

Well Half of this i would say, it depends, iif the game is short and easy i'll just get the platinum even if i'm not liking it Sooo much as it weas for Deadly tower for Example, but in other cases i dropped games i love like Fairy Fencer for Being lazy but i love it :P