Camp Wannalottaplat

Toogie,

A big bummer and as a parent, I know that exact feeling about being upset at the situation, but in no way being mad at your children.

My son is very restricted on his game playing and he hasn't a clue on trophies - and I intend to keep it that way. Play for having fun and move on when you are bored, much like I did as a kid with 100s of NES games that were borrowed, bought or rented. 

Although I myself, have some OCD completionist tendencies with games, I just want him to enjoy the games for whatever interests him. We have not reached the point of him having solo access but I am sure there could be a moment in a few years where I wake up to my account looking like yours. :facepalm:

• Like 1

After a bunch of failed attempts at finding an original username, I landed on "Wannalottaplat" :awesome::facepalm: I kind of like it, but kind of don't haha. 

@PerryToxteth That sums it up quite well. I'm not happy things worked out the way they did, but I haven't, nor do I plan to get mad at my daughter. It isn't actually a problem. I could easily just shrug and keep going on Toogie53. It's my own mental thing that makes me want to have a profile that's all mine with no one else touching it. Bottom line it came down to the fact that I would rather replay things I enjoy on a new account more than keep my trophy history and try to clean up a bunch of stuff I'm not into, or keep the account and not clean up the stuff. I told my oldest daughter that I was going to make a new account and she goes, "But you have so many trophies..." She couldn't comprehend that I'd just want to walk away from it.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

@Toogie53  I'm dyslexic and read DonFarahKhound as Don't f*ck around not sure if that is the implied message but that's what I see, either way @ProfBambam55 I would appreciate a heads up to know if that's what you meant.

Other than that a small update.

Finished the main story of Final Fantasy 15 and working on the grind to clean up the remaining trophies.

• Like 1

Good luck with the new account @Toogie53, one of the hardest parts of starting over is coming up with a username that you like :lol:

I think I'd probably have a bit of a freak out if 25-30 games suddenly appeared on my profile whilst I was sleeping.  My ex-housemate accidentally loaded Minecraft on my old profile before 0% deletion was a thing and that was bad enough.  I know what you mean about having a profile of your own though, my husband is also a gamer and we don't even touch each others profile.

1 hour ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

My condolences Toogie. Reminds me when my sister played my copy of original Animal Crossing and deleted the town because she didn’t understand how it worked. Hope your new profile will be fun for you though.

The irony of that.

While your sister was able to delete the Animal Crossing save file of yours by mistake, I for myself couldn't figure out how to do the exact same thing for years.

How on earth did she do that? 

@ProfBimbom  How does one come up with DonFarahKhound? I typed that sht into google and it gave me not a single result... You're a creative one, aren't you?

@Toogie53 I wish ya the best luck with your new account. Just keep in mind gaming is about enjoyment.

I assume we won't see a new Backlog Pyramid then? Or do you consider all games you still own as your new backlog?

6 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Ugh.. So I decided to hang it up this morning. I'm retiring the Toogie53 profile as a trophy hunter. I'm not going completely away. I'm planning still use Toogie53 to log in from PSNP and run events because I enjoy doing it, but I won't be participating anymore, at least not as Toogie53. I got pissed about something and it was the straw that broke the camel's back. I've long regretted my giant list of unfinished games on my profile, and these events are actually a byproduct of me wanting to clean up my profile. It helped me find motivation to play somethings I've moved on from or wasn't that into because they fit a category. I wasn't making a ton of progress because I was starting just as much as I was finishing, but over time my completion percentage was rising and there was a finish line. 

Last night, I went to bed early with a bad headache. My youngest decided to finally check out what PS Now had to offer (she doesn't play games much). She did her usual thing and played something for 5-10 minutes then switched and played something else. Since I went to bed early, my kids stayed up almost all night. Over the course of the night, the youngest tried probably 25-30 games on PS Now. I didn't actually count them. The games wouldn't work when she logged in as herself because the PS4 she was on wasn't set as the primary console. She had permission to use PS Now as much as she wanted. She doesn't really understand trophy hunting and profiles and stuff, so she didn't think twice about switching back to my profile to play. My older daughter figured out what happened and was freaking out, because she does get it and was worried about my reaction. I had gotten mad at her earlier in the day for accidentally starting Fallout 3 on my account. Anyway, all of those games were on my profile. Some had trophies, some didn't. But it was enough... It was also compounded by the fact that all of them were tied to a subscription service that I didn't want to maintain. I made my trophies private and that's the end of Toogie53. I just couldn't make myself want to clean all of those up on top of what I already had to clean and have already cleaned up. It was like all that progress was erased overnight. It made it more practical in my brain to just start over. So that's what I'm doing. C'est le vie.

Ahh another one lost to their OCD, hopefully in a few years you will find this quite funny. Goodluck with your next account ..... and next account ...... and next account.

• Like 4

So with the weekend rapidly approaching I'm thinking tonight might be a sit down and marathon the last of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, I love the game but this is my third playthrough in recent times so I'm very much ready to plat it and move on

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sardavanua said:

@Toogie53 I wish ya the best luck with your new account. Just keep in mind gaming is about enjoyment.

I assume we won't see a new Backlog Pyramid then? Or do you consider all games you still own as your new backlog?

Everything became backlog again. ? I'll post a pyramid sooner or later. 

@cjshaitan lol. It is an OCD thing and thats why I can't even be mad it. I really dont think I will be a constant account switcher. I'll move on from this as an older, wiser trophy hunter. I'm not worried about having a perfect profile, just one that didnt get mangled by an 800 lb. gorilla. I started Overwatch on the account already so I wouldnt obsess about maintaining 100%.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

For my own sanity I'm just knocking up a quick update so I can remind myself where I am with everything

Make Friends -image.png 91%

Hang Out at the Lake - S896c74.png 5%

Play a Sport -  Sf07239.png 9%

Go Hiking - S0f0efa.png 0%

Shoot Something - S4a3ad0.png 0%

Make Something -S4f5c2b.png default_platinum.png

Learn Something - S691180.png100.png

Put on a Show -  patapon.png 5%       

Tell a Ghost Story - S229268.png 0% 

Get Tested - S38044f.png 91%

Be a Hermit -  S5b9590.png  default_platinum.png

Survive -  Sa00314.png 19% 

Bonus Category: Summer  Vacation S5be54b.png   default_platinum.png                   

My current plan is to finish Kingdom Hearts and then move onto Beyond Two Souls. Once Those two are done I will move on to God of War. But knowing me this will all change in a week anyway :P 

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

@cjshaitan lol. It is an OCD thing and thats why I can't even be mad it. I really dont think I will be a constant account switcher. I'll move on from this as an older, wiser trophy hunter. I'm not worried about having a perfect profile, just one that didnt get mangled by an 800 lb. gorilla. I started Overwatch on the account already so I wouldnt obsess about maintaining 100%.

I can't agree with this decision, but I know where you're coming from. I used to make a new account every couple of months because of my OCD. My mind would engineer up some of the most ridiculous things you can imagine, and I thought the only way I could be content with my profile is if I listened to the nagging voice in my head.

Well, as it turns out, that nagging voice is a little bitch and it never shuts up. Worst of all, it can't make up its mind either, so what's "right" one day will be "wrong" the next. It didn't take me long to realize that I'd never be happy for any extended period of time if I kept listening.

A new account is okay if you're looking for some temporary relief, but a new perspective is better and will last a lifetime. Just try not to confuse the two, or this is just another rabbit hole you're jumping down.

• Like 4

Quick update since I haven't in awhile. Being an adult's been getting in the way of my lazy, not-being-an-adult time.

S938c8c.png World of Final Fantasy (Make Friends) 10%

I don't know why but I just haven't been able to get myself motivated to play this one, like, at all. It's not a bad game and I enjoy myself when I do play it. But I think the impending grind I know is waiting for me is really encouraging my putting it off.

S7e981a.png RiME (Hang Out at the Lake) :platinum:

Sc0591c.png Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Go Hiking) :platinum:

S9e7183.png Borderlands (Shoot Something) :platinum:

S8958f3.png The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (Make Something) 39%

I almost hate how much I've been enjoying this game. I've never played an Elder Scroll before (yeah yeah, I know, I've heard all the moans and groans before) and I feel like part of my putting it off was just how much people wanted me to play the game. I worked at a video game store for a long time, let's call it ShameShop, and I heard it all the damn time about how I couldn't possibly really play video games because I'd never played Skyrim. Now I'm playing it and I wish I hadn't put it off for so long!

S19263a.png Brutal Legend (Put on a Show) 73%

S6bb3db.png Detroit: Become Human (Get Tested) 82%

S8a15af.png A Hat in Time (Bonus) 0%

Also, I chose a new Bonus game! I went with A Hat in Time since you're on an epic adventure to new locations and has a bright, summery aesthetic. It kinda reminds me of the collect-a-thon platformers of yore that I spent many many hours playing during the summer as a kid! 

• Like 2

I'm so sorry your account got flooded, Toogie, that's got to be frustrating. Don't know if we have many games in common, but if you need help with multiplayer sometime feel free to ask.

Anyone know how tight trying to 100% Syberia in one run is? I kind of want to read the story and skipping seems to be advised.  :S

Got the plat for AC3, which I honestly wasn't sure was doable without starting over - one of my last few challenges refused to unlock the first eight times or so I completed it. Had time to kill while Syberia was downloading (could've sworn it was already installed...) and the disk was still in the system, so three attempts later the cursed taverns finally counted and I no longer had an excuse not to touch the minigames or multiplayer.

Can't say I'll miss what's hopefully the worst protagonist in the franchise or the frustrating climbing controls when not in a city, but the areas themselves were well done. The best part of the game was easily the homestead, with some entertaining but simple missions, characters that you can actually care about, and a decent crafting system to poke around in/profit from.

Single-player took me 47 hours, about 10 of which was tavern glitches / getting annoyed at the minigames / trying to find a third convoy. Don't take over all the forts in the frontier before you capture at least three convoys, one fighting unarmed, because they do not spawn well later on.

Multiplayer wasn't actually that bad at any point, and grinding out my last ~5 levels didn't take long.

Overall, definitely had some fun with it, but it's a pain to 100%. Some of the optional objectives are a bit much.

22 hours ago, coolsnowvil said:

just got all three of the Rapunzel Trophies in Catherine over the last couple of days.

not a great update, but i think 'Legendary Prince' is the rarest trophy i have now, i might even put it in the trophy cabinet for that reason LOL

50Se64a63.png

Congrats, Rapunzel was way too long and boring with its 120 stages -_- .

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Congrats, Rapunzel was way too long and boring with its 120 stages -_- .

128 but still way tooooo long and somewhat annoying at times. 

it was a game i had borrowed and i returned it back and my buddy said to finish what i had started cause i originally intended to go after more endings but went Rapunzel instead that i actually didn't leave with it cause i feel i need a little time away LOL