Baking-related games: is there a market?

Ripper

Overcooked is about cooking in ridiculous situations, like in a kitchen split in 2 parts being transported by trucks which drive side to side and then get farther away every now and then, or in a haunted kitchen where the tables move around, and that is what makes it fun.

Dunno what this game is about but don't just judge it by the title.

Also, it doesn't hurt to be more clear with the titles. A title like "Who comes up with this stuff?" would be much better.

• Like 2

Day after day there are threads about "bad games" & "games the Sony let onto the system" 

It's easy to say that until the game they decide not to bring over is one you really want to play.

It never hurts to have more in my opinion. Unless it's actually broken or doesn't work as advertised, who cares. 

• Like 1

Can we get a post count rule on who can create threads please?  It's not that I don't think this person has something worth discussing.  It's just that if they put some time in on the forums and maybe have a few hundred posts under their belt they might be more inclined to, I don't know, post a thread with some actual content to it, and not use click bait titles that do nothing to allude to what the thread might be about.  

And yeah, on the subject of curation.  What you dislike, someone else might like.  Crazy thought that people might have different taste.  Who would be in charge of deciding what makes it onto the store and what doesn't.  Like @BlackCatBurrito said, If it's not broken or offensive then it should be allowed and the consumer can make up their mind if it's worth it to them.

These threads need to stop.

Edited by angelgrievous
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

Can we get a post count rule on who can create threads please?  It's not that I don't think this person has something worth discussing.  It's just that if they put some time in on the forums and maybe have a few hundred posts under their belt they might be more inclined to, I don't know, post a thread with some actual content to it, and not use click bait titles that do nothing to allude to what the thread might be about.  

And yeah, on the subject of curation.  What you dislike, someone else might like.  Crazy thought that people might have different taste.  Who would be in charge of deciding what makes it onto the store and what doesn't.  Like @BlackCatBurrito said, If it's not broken or offensive then it should be allowed and the consumer can make up their mind if it's worth it to them.

These threads need to stop.

I'm going to second the post count rule to make threads. I'm not dogging on OP either, so please don't take offense Ripper, I just mean in general I support a user having to have at least 200 or so posts before being eligible to make threads (like a few forums already do). It's just that we're getting a lot of reactionary threads created by sub-100 post count users with little to no substance other than "This game looks like it stinks". In all honesty most forums that also offer a status or blog post option would defer these kinds of topics to those rather than making a thread where the OP gets berated and all things start coming apart.

That being said, every game needs to have a general thread so users with low post counts can still get help when they need it should there be a requirement to make threads.

• Like 2

Not a fan of the minimum post count to start a topic to be honest. Then every new member who might actually have something interesting to say for their first topic would feel compelled to make dozens of bullshit posts just to reach a quotum... needless to say this would expand the 'problem' by whatever minimum you would put on it :)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, breathofwater said:

Hello, everyone. It happens that I came up with this "crap"

haha

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering it is not a baking game but it is a 2d platformer, similar to games like super mario world.

It is my first game and I made it entirely on my own, if you have any questions feel free to post or ask me directly.

The game is set to release on June 5th in the Americas

-Barry M Johnson

I applaud you for being able to make a game, as I cannot atm, and also that you came into this thread calm, easy going, and willing to answer questions! I respect that 

Hmm I guess the only question I would have is if I could get a NA PSN game code? :D

• Like 2

I'm against the whole, judge a game based on it's trophy list, name of the game, or on aesthetics alone. Play the game, watch gameplay videos, trailers, etc. and have an educated opinion on a game. Don't just call a game "crap" while knowing nothing about it. That's pure ignorance on display.

• Like 2

Thanks Dav9834, I do not want to start a code handout thread.

However if there is anyone that would like to work on a trophy guide for the game, please let me know.

Here or in a message, I would be happy to get a code to and help with someone who wants to make a guide.

My feeling is that if you can beat every level of super mario world, you should be able to platinum the game without much trouble.

Edited by breathofwater
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, breathofwater said:

Hello, everyone. It happens that I came up with this "crap"

haha

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering it is not a baking game but it is a 2d platformer, similar to games like super mario world.

It is my first game and I made it entirely on my own, if you have any questions feel free to post or ask me directly.

The game is set to release on June 5th in the Americas

-Barry M Johnson

Do you know what the pricing will be like?

2D platformers are not a genre that I'm particularly good at, but I'd love to still support the game

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dorroile said:

I dunno, this game seems like it could be fun. Besides, i dunno if anyone would take your opinions seriously when you have «1488» in your username...

Not that I need to explain my PlayStation gamer handle to you, but my school nickname was ripper ‘cause I used to chill out and say I wasn’t lazy I was ‘resting in power’ and my name is Jack! 1488 was a really important year in my family history in England. Don’t see why any of this offends you?! 

As as for the hate I’m getting for being an inexperienced poster...REALLY?! Why as an individual, are my posts or anyone else’s less relevant or worthy than others? 

I’m happy to support indie developers and play plenty of their games. I guess my post was based more on being surprised someone would be coming up with a baking game and wondering if there was such a market for this? Or was it a cash-grab on the back of the baking-hype in the UK. Seeing the guy who is saying he made it isn’t from over here, I guess not lol.

As for questioning the validity of my topic making abilities due to the fact I’ve played Mayo and Slyde... come on. Why do I have to justify what I play to anyone else? You’ve got 16,000 trophies and yet you have less ultra rares than me! Hahaha. 

Still, my post got people chatting so that’s nice xD

Edited by Ripper1488
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, breathofwater said:

Thanks Dav9834, I do not want to start a code handout thread.

However if there is anyone that would like to work on a trophy guide for the game, please let me know.

Here or in a message, I would be happy to get a code to and help with someone who wants to make a guide.

My feeling is that if you can beat every level of super mario world, you should be able to platinum the game without much trouble.

You want a guide in return for a code?

challenge accepted!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ripper1488 said:

Not that I need to explain my PlayStation gamer handle to you, but my school nickname was ripper ‘cause I used to chill out and say I wasn’t lazy I was ‘resting in power’ and my name is Jack! 1488 was a really important year in my family history in England. Don’t see why any of this offends you?! 

As as for the hate I’m getting for being an inexperienced poster...REALLY?! Why as an individual, are my posts or anyone else’s less relevant or worthy than others? 

I’m happy to support indie developers and play plenty of their games. I guess my post was based more on being surprised someone would be coming up with a baking game and wondering if there was such a market for this? Or was it a cash-grab on the back of the baking-hype in the UK. Seeing the guy who is saying he made it isn’t from over here, I guess not lol.

As for questioning the validity of my topic making abilities due to the fact I’ve played Mayo and Slyde... come on. Why do I have to justify what I play to anyone else? You’ve got 16,000 trophies and yet you have less ultra rares than me! Hahaha. 

Because it could have simply been a status update. "Surprised someone would be coming up with a baking game and wondering if there was such a market for this?", would have been sufficient. 

As you know psnps forums are extremely nice if you don't cause a  problem. Click bait titles are highly looked down upon. 

I recommend editing your first post and renaming the thread something like "What is the gaming market for Perils of Baking" or something similar. But I wouldn't make this a habit, it just annoys a lot of members. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ripper1488 said:

Well, I'll go.  I wasn't giving you any crap, if I did it was unintentional.  I was merely pointing out the fact that a lot of newcomers to the forums make threads that have zero discussion points and frankly that's what the forums are for.  If you want to make a one line complaint then there is the status update feature you can use.  

As far as the post count thing goes, It's not an uncommon practice and it would shut down a lot of these one line, no topic threads that seem to be popping up more frequently.  Some other places have a system in place where current members can make threads for new members.  That could solve the issue of not giving new members a chance at threads.

In regard to this thread itself.  You said it was because you were surprised someone would come up with a baking game and wondered if there was a market for it.  All of that could have been in the OP instead of the knee jerk one line reaction that it was, and it wouldn't have turned into what it is now.

And if you put a little more effort in the title it would keep disinterested people out.  With just "Really"? it's pretty much click bait.

That's all.

Edit* beaten like a madonna song in a psnp song vote thread.

Edited by angelgrievous
  • Like 2