Geared Up: Share Your Stats!

AyAerith

On 23/09/2022 at 6:21 PM, Smashero said:

Yes, you will manage. I would say that you should aim to get lvl ~80 in order to get 250 items.

I reached level 78, opened all boxes, had a lot of duplicates. Then used all the earned money to buy some more items and it was still not enough. Had to reach level 81 and opened the boxes - finally got the trophy. @Bizzy_Montana_'s method for idle races (turbo pad X+R2 and leave it for the night on 1st race) works like a charm for it. Managed to get to lvl 88 with it.

Would it be insane to start this game now if I don't have a turbo controller?

Edited by black__bunny

4 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

not at all, you can easily finish the game before 30th. You don't even need a turbo, after I finished almost all stars I was lvl71 and I only had to get to level 80 for gear trophy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, timpurnat said:

Just got the trophy at level 80 with still a few boxes to open

Yeah it's an average number for this trophy to pop, mine also popped at 79.

2 hours ago, black__bunny said:

Absolutely not, just like @timpurnat said u can easily finish it before 30. It's really enjoyable too, i finished the game and already missing the rush.

• Like 2

Just so that I can get a grasp of it, I am better off grinding the levels by replaying some of the campaign events instead of going into quickplay?

To me it's easier since I have been replaying the first few stages and net around 2500-4000 exp after each finish, and I'm currently around level 42. Just trying to figure out roughly how many more matched do I need for reaching level 70 and up.

I guess I got pretty lucky since I got my 250 at level 74. Barely got any duplicates, maybe around 10 and 5 sets of coins. I used 50k coins and 500 paid currency that I had since the start too. In the last event I had some trouble with the 12 takedowns and also that event that asked you to crush 3 enemies from above and do a 360 spin 4 times. But specially infuriating was the last tournament with 5 phases. It's all RNG with the ally AI, sometimes it was easy, sometimes it was hell, and others it was impossible to do everything on your own, so repeating all those events until I won helped me level up at least, and get the checkmate medals naturally. I only had to grind 2 levels :D 

Got platinum at level 77, bought around 15 items with coins. Didn't have to idle or grind, but did 12 takedowns and 6 lockdown area takedowns chellenges with a friend. Took 15hrs for every trophy, but not sure if the game tracker only counts race time as the fastest right now on this site is at 21h

Edited by fenris-lima

On 9/13/2020 at 1:52 AM, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

you don't actually have to grind yourself if you own a turbo controller. 

Just choose the very first event in the story and auto - fire X and R2. You'll participate in the race over and over again and earn around 1k XP per race. During a night's worth of shut-eye, I ranked up 10 times. 

I hope this helps anybody still going for the platinum trophy! 

Greetings from Germany :)

I shit you not, this resulted in me already having the vomit comet trophy (4 barrel rolls) before starting proper, in addition to making it a shoo-in for the online trophies.

• Like 2

If servers close at GMT midnight that’s in about 6 hours and I won’t make it. Am lvl 49. If still up past then I have a chance. Too bad we don’t know d**k about anything! It’s kinda like the other games I worked on that were all closing now. You don’t know what time or if they’re even closing at all. Lol. It’s been a shitshow balancing work, family, and the closures. I’ll be glad once October comes and either I completed it or I didn’t but I’m not scrambling.

54 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

If servers close at GMT midnight that’s in about 6 hours and I won’t make it. Am lvl 49. If still up past then I have a chance. Too bad we don’t know d**k about anything! It’s kinda like the other games I worked on that were all closing now. You don’t know what time or if they’re even closing at all. Lol. It’s been a shitshow balancing work, family, and the closures. I’ll be glad once October comes and either I completed it or I didn’t but I’m not scrambling.

I would suggest to follow this one

and always read every single new post.

I also got to know about "Onrush" by surprise, finally got my plat today (online done few days ago).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Smashero said:

I would suggest to follow this one

and always read every single new post.

I also got to know about "Onrush" by surprise, finally got my plat today (online done few days ago).

Grats on the plat! I knew of their closures, I meant not knowing for certain ones like Onrush and Ultimate Chicken Horse. Codemasters wont seem to confirm or deny Onrush is closing but at least UCH dev’s saved their game recently :) Or when dont know the specific time of the closure. I had 4 games closing 9/30 or 10/1 and need every minute to squeeze time in haha. Right now got the turbo controller going on and hope to get about 25 more levels today. Oof.

Good thing I worked on UCH’s online trophies before Onrush’s :facepalm:

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

and always read every single I also got to know about "Onrush" by surprise, finally got my plat today (online done few days ago).

just got mine as well

I found out on Monday and only started on Tuesday 

we really need to stop doing this. giving our own damn selves anxiety lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

...cut...

Gratz! I really thought that this game will beat me, since I couldn't find the way how to fullfil some of the challenges, but step by step...

Yeah, but there is always this "feeling" = There was enough time, I could do it!
That's why I forced myself to do 100% Uncharted 2/3 PS3, but in the same time I ignored TLoU...

Now I ignored all Assassins Creed's and "Laser League"...

That's why I am really gratefull that such topic as

exists.

C U my next one! ;).

Edited by Smashero