If you could choose any super power what would it be and why?

Quink666

Was thinking yesterday that it would be truly awesome to have selective amnesia. Play the new God of War then forget all about it except that you have played it and liked it, and then experience it again. 

Only problem might be that you get stuck playing the same game again and again ?

What super power would you want to have?

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 3

I always wanted the power of invisibility including clothes your wearing. It seemed pretty cool in Harry Potter and the Incredibles, and I was always one to try keep a low profile. When I was younger, I would often sneak out of my house through the window without my parents knowing ?

• Like 2

Anytime I've been asked this question I always go with Superhuman Speed & reflexes.

I pretty much would want to be The Flash. Access to the speed force and all that fun stuff.

To only think of the things I could do with powers like that. Tons and tons of fun in my opinion.

• Like 1

I have always loved the idea of having healing as a superpower.

In games it's like a dream come true since I always try to play characters with healing or any kind of supportive abilities.

• Like 2

I would go with immortality, something like Deadpool, but i would still look like a normal human, not an undead. ;)

And why? Because i would like to see the far future, how is humanity changing over the centuries, what new technologies can we invent and if we can spread out into space and colonize other planets and meet aliens.

And also, i would be curious about how gaming evolves, will they make true virtual realities like Sword Art Online in the future.

• Like 1

Shape-shifting, If you could also turn into an animal then you could gain flight and strength.

Also, it is useful to quell any insecurities one has about themselves... I'd with some weight loss...

7 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Power of making other people do what you tell them to. Just like Killgrave or, even better would be a hypnosis of some sort, maybe like in The Vampire Diaries. With this power, you can do and be anything.

Found the future supervillain.

• Like 2

Shapeshifting ability be able to turn into anything I wished whether or not it exist(that way I could become a Pokemon if I wanted)
Mostly because I get tired of being human.
And I have quite a few dreams to where I've various Pokemon, Animals and a Dragon as well.
Pretty sure if I turned into a Dragon I would likely gain the powers of darkness along with all other abilities I had in that form.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gabor434 said:

I would go with immortality, something like Deadpool, but i would still look like a normal human, not an undead. ;)

And why? Because i would like to see the far future, how is humanity changing over the centuries, what new technologies can we invent and if we can spread out into space and colonize other planets and meet aliens.

And also, i would be curious about how gaming evolves, will they make true virtual realities like Sword Art Online in the future.

I saw an documentary once, I'm afraid it wouldn't be as you say. The technology created in 2200 can be way beyond our brain's thinking capabilities. It's just like nowadays with very old people, they can't seem to understand our technology and in few decades, this will be way more complexed than today. Also, living while all your friends, family, your significant others dying out of age, my guess is, it would leave you pretty devastated.

• Like 1

Reality Overwriting, specifically with this because I really just want a magic punch ghost that I can summon. The time stop and other abilities with it are just a bonus. But I wouldn't use it to take over the world or anything, that's cliche. I would just use it to make my life a lot easier and comfortable. Like make my house indestructible, or have my oven prepare restaurant quality food whenever I feel like it. I could also make my car like the Regalia in FFXV, and won't have to worry about fuel. I could also cure diseases and whatnot too, but I guess I wouldn't publicly go about it. But I guess if I were to go vigilante, my imagination is the limit when it comes to punishing criminals and would probably just do ironic or hilarious ways of apprehending them.

Basically I just want the power of console commands but with the benefit of having a magic punch ghost that does it. I mean just look at how cool it is, who wouldn't want it?

• Like 1

You mean like an x-men ability!!? I want Professor X ability!! Except the baldness, hopefully that's not the trade off of that power!!

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY
but I guess I could always make people think I got hair...

On 2018. 06. 20. at 8:37 PM, HaserPL said:

I saw an documentary once, I'm afraid it wouldn't be as you say. The technology created in 2200 can be way beyond our brain's thinking capabilities. It's just like nowadays with very old people, they can't seem to understand our technology and in few decades, this will be way more complexed than today. Also, living while all your friends, family, your significant others dying out of age, my guess is, it would leave you pretty devastated.

Then that documentary was wrong. " technology created in 2200 can be way beyond our brain's thinking capabilities" that is just pure stupidity, with around average intelligence and an open mind, everybody can understand any technology invented, doesnt matter when. Even if you can't 100% understand everything, then you can understand the basics at least.

Old people are different than young ones, the brain dont age well, so at old age it is a lot harder to learn new things, also a lot of old people close their minds and they dont want to accept new things even if they could understand it if they tried.

With this theoretical immortality superpower, my brain would not age and i am very good at understanding complex things, so understanding complex future technologies could take a bit more time, but im a 100% sure i could understand it.

About the friends and family dying problem, i wouldn't be devastated, sure i would be a little sad about losing them, but i could just make new friends and family after.