If you could choose any super power what would it be and why?

Quink666

2 hours ago, gabor434 said:

Then that documentary was wrong. " technology created in 2200 can be way beyond our brain's thinking capabilities" that is just pure stupidity, with around average intelligence and an open mind, everybody can understand any technology invented, doesnt matter when. Even if you can't 100% understand everything, then you can understand the basics at least.

Old people are different than young ones, the brain dont age well, so at old age it is a lot harder to learn new things, also a lot of old people close their minds and they dont want to accept new things even if they could understand it if they tried.

With this theoretical immortality superpower, my brain would not age and i am very good at understanding complex things, so understanding complex future technologies could take a bit more time, but im a 100% sure i could understand it.

About the friends and family dying problem, i wouldn't be devastated, sure i would be a little sad about losing them, but i could just make new friends and family after.

But what if our future technology would be unlike anything you've ever seen? We can only speculate but you know, it may look like some Sci-Fi alien tech. Also, one question. What if there is a natural disaster and every single person dies and Earth is destroyed. You as an immortal would be fucked to say the least.

• 4 years later...

Normal run of the mill super powers? I've always been partial to Super Speed. 

But if I could choose anything...give me the full abilities of a Saiyan (DBZ). The strength, the ability to shoot Ki blasts...which I realize is actually based on a real world technique of ancient Chinese martial arts of bodily energy manipulation, but obviously I want it turned up to 11 (bajillion). Transformations when I get strong enough (maybe turning into a giant ape can be left out lol). No practical use for it in real life (as far as we know)...but it'd still be bad ass. 

Edited by Viper

On 6/19/2018 at 6:35 PM, Quink666 said:

Was thinking yesterday that it would be truly awesome to have selective amnesia. Play the new God of War then forget all about it except that you have played it and liked it, and then experience it again. 

Only problem might be that you get stuck playing the same game again and again 1f601.png

What super power would you want to have?

Fire Power?

Fire can be destructive but also can give or keep life through its warmth/energy

Also it would make me super light so i could travel at super sonic or light speed.

The power of foresight/ability to see the future. I would use it to win the lottery, invest in stocks/bitcoin/etc, and sell when best. 

I would also use it to make better life choices, for me and my loved ones. 

On the longer run, it would also enable me to take care of my community (both with money but also helping make good decisions for our local town). 

On 21.9.2022 at 7:32 PM, cardoors said:

The power to get unobtainable online trophies 

Though THIS is also tempting!

I HATE that i have some ezpz online trophies in old FIFA games, i didn't do in time...

Quite a few people have said "flying", and while that probably would be a pretty cool power, there are some things to consider:

First off, what manner of flying would you prefer?  Zooming around like Superman, or growing wings like Angel?  If it's the latter, then good luck to you - you'll never pass for human again. :P

If you want to fly like Superman, then consider the following points.

Let's say that flying was the only power you could have.  Superman exhibits multiple powers simultaneously whilst flying - flight itself, super speed, invulnerability, and so on.  If you try to fly like he does, you won't go very fast at all, because you don't have super speed.  Even if you did manage to have that as well as flight, you don't have his strength and invulnerability, so your skin would be ripped off if you travelled at any kind of great speed, which, y'know, won't end well for you.  Then, you won't be able to fly very high either, because there's less oxygen up there than there is down here, so you'll struggle to breathe at any real height.

Then, there are airspace issues.  You'll be picked up on radar.  You'll never be able to fly even remotely close to an airport or anywhere else with restricted airspace, such as a military installation, which also won't end well for you.  Crossing a border into another country could be classed as violating sovereign/territorial airspace (which Superman actually does all the time ?), because you wouldn't be authorized to enter said country's airspace.

What about weather conditions?  Could you keep flying during heavy rain or high winds?  No, probably not.

I could list more issues, but I'm probably reading too far into this! ?

53 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

Quite a few people have said "flying", and while that probably would be a pretty cool power, there are some things to consider:

First off, what manner of flying would you prefer?  Zooming around like Superman, or growing wings like Angel?  If it's the latter, then good luck to you - you'll never pass for human again. :P

If you want to fly like Superman, then consider the following points.

Let's say that flying was the only power you could have.  Superman exhibits multiple powers simultaneously whilst flying - flight itself, super speed, invulnerability, and so on.  If you try to fly like he does, you won't go very fast at all, because you don't have super speed.  Even if you did manage to have that as well as flight, you don't have his strength and invulnerability, so your skin would be ripped off if you travelled at any kind of great speed, which, y'know, won't end well for you.  Then, you won't be able to fly very high either, because there's less oxygen up there than there is down here, so you'll struggle to breathe at any real height.

Then, there are airspace issues.  You'll be picked up on radar.  You'll never be able to fly even remotely close to an airport or anywhere else with restricted airspace, such as a military installation, which also won't end well for you.  Crossing a border into another country could be classed as violating sovereign/territorial airspace (which Superman actually does all the time 1f602.png), because you wouldn't be authorized to enter said country's airspace.

?

What about weather conditions?  Could you keep flying during heavy rain or high winds?  No, probably not.

I could list more issues, but I'm probably reading too far into this! 1f606.png

That's a good point. Off the top of my head I cant think of an example of someone with flying powers that also doesn't come with some measure of enhanced strength. Even the ones that don't have some measure of protective shielding like Cannonball or Green Lantern.

Also, the ability to fly just means that you have the power to just negate gravity or control it somewhat right? (that's a whole other rabbit hole). That in itself is a bit of a problem, as I would imagine the learning curve to control something like that would be nightmare. Without control you'd most like break your legs when you attempt a landing or worse, just fly up the upper atmosphere and suffocate ?

And yeah, if there's a thunderstorm, you're pretty much grounded lol

So if you find a genie with 1 power wish granting powers and you want to fly, be specific! ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The ability to go forward and backward in time.
The ability to heal sick people and to be able to share that ability with those I cured, so they'd be able to pass it on to others as well.

That failing, I'd settle for being able to delete 1 % trophy lists.

• Like 1