Change Gamer Tag

Divecomb

Not going to happen, unless you get a petition with several hundred thousand votes strong and someone at Sony decides to listen. 

Plus with the way Sony set up the way you make your account, I think you’re pretty much stuck with the ID you chose.

Thought I heard something about Sony saying there will be a possibility of change Name IDs this year, but I kind of doubt it.
Since there is not that many trophies on that account might as well start over.
I probably would have started over, but I got too many PSN avatars and platinums at this point to be doing that.

Yeah Sony occasionally bring this up from time to time. Basically it's a lot of work on their end because of how they originally structured PSN names, so it will likely still take them a good bit of time to release such a feature. They can take all the time they need in my opinion, in my experience playing games where people can change their names, it's an absolute mess that I can't keep track of xD 

probably not happening. what they could do however tho also probably not happening, when ps5 comes out, let's say fall 2019. you can make a new ID but link it to your old ID perhaps. similar to how email and Facebook and Instagram etc can all link now on some websites.

if I changed mine it would be what my XBL is but I'm also fine with what I have.

would be a nice feature, kinda want to name my ID after a sandwich.

but i'll stick with this one because i made alot of progress on my gains of trophy's to give that up.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 2

Japan already has a feature where they can show another id name and not their original psn id. And no its not the real name request crap. If anything we may get that soon??

2 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Just make a new account....not like your account is amazing YET...-_-; 

I was going to say that this isn't very nice, it's all relative, we don't all have 10,000 trophies etc.

But then I checked out their profile and honestly...

It would be a nice feature to add, but this is something that's been talked about for years, and as if this post it hasn't happened yet. People are mentioning the possibility of it coming sometime this year or next year, but unless I see full proof of it coming in the future, I wouldn't count on it. 

I'd say make a new account if you don't have a lot of trophies, but in the case of others (like me) who have a lot of trophies... eh, I've grown into my PSN name to where I don't want to alter it in any way anymore. (Someone already took K9_Rage, so that's not happening lmao)

27 minutes ago, mekktor said:

I was going to say that this isn't very nice, it's all relative, we don't all have 10,000 trophies etc.

But then I checked out their profile and honestly...

And their profile tells you how many games they've bought? Losing those would probably hurt me more than the trophies (even though I might never play 99% of those purchases again, but who knows :D).

It's already one of the most requested features. Even if we do ever get it (and we probably won't -- Sony fucked up when they designed the system), they'll just screw it up somehow. Expect to lose all of your trophies, have your private information stolen, or wake up one day on a ship to Guatemala. Sony does not have a good track record when it comes to these kinds of things.

I like your name, though. Why would you want to change it?

They already know people want it. Shu talked about it years ago, like mid-PS3 generation.

PSN's backend would need a complete overhaul since it wasn't designed for name changes. Nice foresight there, Sony. They have to weight the investment of fixing this problem, with adding other desired features which they can crank out a lot faster and easier instead. Though a PSN overhaul in theory could improve a lot of things about PSN, but probably fuck a bunch of stuff up too.

The "it was not designed to" is the most boring and overused excuse. From politics to videogames. A lot of things wasn't designed to do several tasks, but the keyword is "adaptation". A human can do it, so a system can do it too. Need money to do it? Not my problem. They must be swimming in money everyday. The PS Plus is already expensive and next year we are not receiving PS3 and PS Vita games anymore without a single word of a price cut.

In other words: fuck Sony.

1 hour ago, Karlsson89 said:

And their profile tells you how many games they've bought? Losing those would probably hurt me more than the trophies (even though I might never play 99% of those purchases again, but who knows :D).

You would still have access to the old account so could still gain access to all of your library.