Favorite Plat you've earned this year

ChernobylNinja

1. Superhot - Such a unique experience playing this game. Quite strategic and getting the platinum requires mastery of the levels. So much fun.

2. Horizon Chase Turbo - Old school style racer with an amazing soundtrack. Very addictive and some races were quite challenging as well.

3. Hard Reset Redux - I loved Shadow Warrior so I knew I would enjoy this. Cyberpunk setting with pretty intense gameplay.

I know it was meant to be only 3 but I didn't want to leave out Headlander. An awesome metroidvania style game.

• Like 1

1. Burnout Paradise Remastered.

I love the original (ps3), i love the remastered too.

2. Cat Quest. 

Beautiful action rpg game.

3. Lego Ninjago : Shadow of Ronin.

Play this game for Plat only (not expecting too much), but in the end surprised with how good this game was.

6 hours ago, ragnarok2887 said:

Erm.... isn't it called 'Plat Cast'? lol 

Just listened to your first 2 episodes & really enjoyed them.  Keep up the great work - you got a new subscriber ?

It is lol "Platchat" was the first/working title until we realized it was already taken so I sometimes get the two mixed up.

• Like 1

Rayman Legends / Origins (can't decide)

Crash Bandicoot

LEGO The Incredibles

Rayman Legends I played with a friend and we had tons of fun. The daily challenges were a blast too.

Rayman Origins I played solo, and I think it is a beautiful game. 

LEGO The Incredibles, even though most collectibles were 'just there', I enjoyed a lot. It was a nice change of pace.

Crash Bandicoot is a fun and challenging platformer imo.

My top 3 so far:

1) Spintires: Mudrunner - great game especially multiplayer, trying to work out how to get vehicles out of mud when there stuck is funny especially when all you do is make it worse and add more vehicles, spent 4 hours on one map due to me and a friend getting stuck in a bog

2) LA Noire remastered - owned the original on xbox but never completed it, got it on ps4 and forgot how much i enjoyed the game

3) Resident Evil 6 - a lot of people hate on it as it took a different turn to what the other games bought to the table but again if you find yourself a decent co op partner its really enjoyable

1L13ff8b.png

Father and Son

God of War (2018)

I was a bit wary when I heard about this God of War game, especially after Ascension, a pretty underwhelming game when compared to the rest of the franchise.

When you added into consideration the fact that they completely revamped the formula and the setting for this one, I got double cautious. But I mellowed after several trailers and gameplay sequences shown before its release. I got into the hype and played this game as soon as it came out and loved it. Thankfully, the platinum didn't require a second playthrough, so I just went through everything post-game.

1L4eebd3.png

Master of VR!

Playroom VR

One of the best games you can get for your PS VR headset and it's completely free! I also like the fact you can play it with someone else next to you, but that also means that you need at least a second player to get the platinum. It's completely impossible to do otherwise. Thankfully, my wife was here and was enjoying it as much as I did :-)

1Lbb991b.png

Final Words

NieR: Automata

I finally got to play this one. I didn't find it as great as many people did, but it was still enjoyable to go through (except for playthrough B... Seriously, why?). I was dreading this platinum because I expected it to be a long grindfest, but thankfully I used the hidden trophy shop to buy the 3~4 remaining trophies I didn't have yet. So, in the end, I was able to stay focused on the story and enjoy it as intended.

Will this year doesn't have that much of great games for me to this day

there is so much remastered and i won't count them as a favorite since i already got them on another console (PS3 or VITA)

so my favorite plat this year so far

1L36826a.png

Conqueror of the New World

Monster Hunter: World

1L13ff8b.png

Father and Son

God of War (2018)

by the end of this year there is some great upcoming games release

like Dragon Quest XI - Spider-Man - Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Red Dead Redemption 2 and many more

so maybe this post will be updated by the end of the year

Edited by dark69knight

My top 3 so far:

I am Setsuna
Borderlands 2 ( Never played a borderlands game, and it was hella fun playing it with friends )
World of Final Fantasy ( It's the second time that i got the plat for this game xD )

Honourable Mention

Persona 5 - Got the platinum 14th Dec. 2017, one of my favourite game for PS4

• Like 1

That's a difficult question, since I believe there is a difference between a favorite game and a favorite plat. For example I'm pretty happy about my Godzilla (PS4) plat, since it's quite rare and now also delisted, but I guess that's just trophy vanity given that the game is universally considered awful. So maybe I'll just give 3 different types for enjoyment, satisfaction and... maybe backlog?

1S76fe90.png  Senran Kagura Estival Versus  

It's not really only this game, but more that discovering the Senran Kagura universe has been one of my favorite past-time of 2018. Trophywise, it's easy.

1S50cceb.png  Godzilla (PS4)

As mentioned, an awful trophy and there are people with much rarer ones. However, for me this was pushing the limit of trophies and I'd like to push it again sometime.

1Sd607e3.png  Resonance of Fate 

This is my longest completion. I've always liked the game, but the plat was forgotten in my early times of PS3 gaming. Also I slightly prefer PS3 plats over PS4.

Edited by mecharobot

1L91f1dc.png

Saints Row: Gat outta Hell for PS4 - I already earned this once before but when Snakebit asked for someone to help with the Co-Op trophy I discovered I had a copy of this for PS4 as well (must have been a free Plus game at one point). It was a blast jumping back into a Saints Row game as this is one of my favourite series of all time.

1L91a70b.png

Guardians of the Galaxy - I am not a fan of Marvel/Disney humour...it is actually why I stopped watching the MCU films. I also knew that GotG was almost pure humour..I went in a little apprehensive. 

Well dammit I ENJOYED the hell out of this game. So much so I watched and bought both GotG films. I still haven't watched the 3rd Avengers movie...because I still hate almost every character in there (except Black Panther...that movie was pretty awesome) but this game (and the movies) were a delight :D.

1L04d60a.png

Final Fantasy 7...do I need to explain why I like this game? It is Final Fantasy 7...I had fun because it was Final Fantasy 7.

The second I saw the opening scene I was transported back to 1997 after my Junior High Christmas Band Concert playing FF7 with my buddy Jordan on the big TV in the living room (and if you knew my family you would understand how big of a fucking deal that was). 

That night after the concert was my first time ever playing a Playstation and the first game I played was this one. 

Also @Bushido7745785 and @ChernobylNinja if you are still doing these podcasts come Christmas time it would be neat if you did one covering the Year End Awards. It is just a fun thread I host every year where anyone on PSNP can post their Best and Worst games for the different categories. It would be fun if you could host a podcast and maybe even interview some of the people who post in the thread. Just a thought :)

• Like 2

Still early for me to say..and very tough for me to choose but I think I'd go with Tekken 7. 

Only because it made me hit my 100 plat this year :)

Otherwise it would have to be Yakuza 0 (this is me speaking to you now in the future ;) because as of now it's unplatted ) although the Witcher 3 , A Way Out, and God of War are still top contenders. 

Yea this goes to show that I don't really have a favourite lol..

Edited by PooPooBlast

Didn't get a lot of platinums this year due to playing with the Switch a lot. But I managed to finally complete Mirror's Edge this year after it was sitting in my list for over 7 years.

Love the game but I am not really good in it so it was a real pain for me.

1) God of War - Never has a game before made me feel so many emotions. If anything the Platinum came too quickly for this game because it was a delight to play.

2) Bloodborne - Never before has a game been so frustrating and yet so satisfying. This is coming from someone who has never played the Dark Souls games. I constantly look for reasons to go back and play this game.

3) Horizon Zero Dawn - Never has a game looked so beautiful. The story always kept me wanting to know more meanwhile the combat was phenomenal. 

Runner ups would have to be Uncharted 4 and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Both are fantastic games but I think I enjoyed the other games just a bit more. I look back at all these games and realize what a great year of gaming this has been.

• Like 3

It will be :

DBZ Fighterz : Hard and very long plat ( i was in the top 70 to have the plat )

Bioshock Infinite ( PS4 ) : Just because i love Bioshock. I've completed all version of all 3 games now. 

The Witcher 3 : It was the only game i didn't have the plat , so after a break ( more than 1 year ) , i decided to finish it

• Like 2

I don't have any particular favorites, nor major accompishments this year, but these are solid platinums:

1. Nier (PS3) - It's a really good game, but I'm glad it's behind me. The platinum was such an unfathomable slog.

2. Dark Souls II (PS3) - I already did this with the PS4 version, but the reason I'm listing it is because it was the last game needed for a complete Souls set (Demon's Souls and Bloodborne included), and because I did it with a friend, and it was delightful.

3. Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4) - Another slogfest, this is my grindy year, but really fun game overall, my first in the franchise (I know the main series is different).

& 17 more so far, mostly indies, replays, cheap and easy stuff.

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 2

1. FFXII TZA: I loved this game on PS2 and really got into the PS4 remake with the whole job system. The was long and fairly challenging in some parts, particularly trial mode and some of the hunts needing specific strategies, and filling up the monster book took time. It took me 90 hours and I felt really satisfied and proud after getting the plat, it's games like these make trophies all the more satisfying. Fran will always be me leader, no matter what the guides say. I still made her my Shikari/breaker with genji gear on the front lines, leaving Balthier to heal as a white mage and occasional shoot enemies. 

2. Amnesia World: It was an easy plat, but it was mini games which I suck at, especially ones of the music and rhythm variety so getting the plat in this was a sigh of relief. The rhythm mini game and completing all the song son hard mode only served to increase my blood pressure ?

3. Collar X Malice: My first 2018 platinum and one of my favourite games on the vita, really enjoyed the story and characters, best of all no annoying mini games! 

Nier Automata was a close call, but I didn't like this game as I personally found the story weird, boring and convoluted. The gameplay, design and music were excellent, but due to my sheer lack of interest in sci fi, robots and androids which seem very popular in Japan, I was too bored with the game to get the platinum the normal and just used the trophy shop. I wish they put more effort into going into the characters more via episodes, side quests and more character interaction/ dialogue, but all the scenes were short, the endings bar the main ones nothing but a sentence and the credits, and the sub events were just like FFXV... chores. The only thing I enjoyed was the gameplay, exploration and music and I bought it out of curiosity due to all the cosplay and merchandise for it at every anime/gaming con, but it wasn't enough to keep me from getting the plat the lazy as there's too much in my backlog. 

#1: MONSTER HUNTER WORLD

1L36826a.png

Conqueror of the New World 
Unlock all trophies for Monster Hunter: World.
40-platinum.png
Man, this was my first Monster Hunter and i enjoyed A LOT! still playing from time to time. Those crown are annoying, but  who cares?.The game´s great!

#2: HORIZON ZERO DAWN

1Lf9f2b0.png

All trophies obtained 
Obtained all Horizon Zero Dawn trophies.
40-platinum.png

Great game from start to finish+ Pretty easy plat...what more can i say? This is my favourite new ip.

#3: DRIVECLUB

(PLATINUM AND 100%)

1L9e1d13.png
#UniteInSpeed 
Collect all of the other trophies.
40-platinum.png
Easy, but grindy platinum... but that 100%, that´s another story...some dlc events like "one man, one engine", "Venom hot lap 2" or the "atom theory time trial" was a pain in the @ss, i consider myself an average racing game player, so i´m very proud with this one!

10 hours ago, Arasesth said:

My top 3 so far:

I am Setsuna
Borderlands 2 ( Never played a borderlands game, and it was hella fun playing it with friends )
World of Final Fantasy ( It's the second time that i got the plat for this game xD )

Honourable Mention

Persona 5 - Got the platinum 14th Dec. 2017, one of my favourite game for PS4

World of FF twice?! that must have taken a long while! Congrats on that :) 

12 hours ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

Crash Bandicoot is a fun and challenging platformer imo.

That must have been a tough plat! i found the remake a lot harder than the PS1 originals, but I don't think I'll be managing this plat any time soon ? Great job!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

That must have been a tough plat! i found the remake a lot harder than the PS1 originals, but I don't think I'll be managing this plat any time soon 1f605.png Great job!

Thanks! It certainly wasn't easy, but I had a great time with it. :) 

Good luck with it if you ever end up trying to get it. Determination is key!