DARK SOULS TRILOGY - Announcement Trailer (October 19th, 2018)

ziggypossum

Apparently this collection is for NA and Asia only. WTF?

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/7620-dark-souls-trilogy-announced-for-ps4-and-xbox-one

From the article

To clarify, the Dark Souls Trilogy release date announcement yesterday (August 21st) was a US and Asia announcement only, and was not a Gamescom announcement in Europe.

Dark Souls fans in Europe can still get their fix on October 19th - with the release of Dark Souls: Remastered for the Nintendo Switch console.

13 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

My love of Dark Souls has cooled since playing the crappy "remaster" on PS4. Obviously, I'll pass.

What was so crappy about it? Like yeah, I get that it was lazy since they had the opportunity to implement improvements made in the later games that they didn't for the most part. Still, the 60fps made a huge difference and the small quality of life changes such as being able to use/give multiple items at once or the option to resize the HUD was nice. The PvP was improved upon too from what I recall. It's pretty much your bog-standard remaster, but for some reason, it seems to get much more hate than the typical remasters of other games.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

What was so crappy about it? Like yeah, I get that it was lazy since they had the opportunity to implement improvements made in the later games that they didn't for the most part. Still, the 60fps made a huge difference and the small quality of life changes such as being able to use/give multiple items at once or the option to resize the HUD was nice. The PvP was improved upon too from what I recall. It's pretty much your bog-standard remaster, but for some reason, it seems to get much more hate than the typical remasters of other games.

Well, for me, the biggest gripe was that they didn't fix a very annoying bug where the game wouldn't recognize immediately that you hit a button, but would somehow remember it later.

For example, let's say I'm firing off some pyromancy. The game would ignore that I hit the button. But later in the battle, I would mysteriously fire off this pyromancy. That's lazy, but it was also incredibly annoying - I died numerous times because of it.

On 21/08/2018 at 10:18 PM, ShonenCat said:

Ooh, perhaps waiting on this series is about to pay off ^^ I'll gladly look into purchasing this trilogy!

Buy it so we can play it together ^^ i have DS3 for PS4 but the first 2 i have on PS3 but i intend to get DS remastered on PS4 as is my fav in the series so far , yet need to begin DS3 ehehehehehehe .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Not interested in these games, but why hasn't Demon Souls been remastered?

"To answer the question of why we still don’t have a Demon’s Souls remaster, you have to understand a bit about how the original Demon’s Souls was released. Demon’s Souls got developed by Fromsoftware, the studio behind all the Souls games. At the time they, teamed up with Sony for their project; however, when the release date was near, the game was still barely playable, and Sony didn’t want to publish the game outside of Japan due to its many problems and punishing gameplay. Because of this, Demon’s Souls eventually got published by Atlus in the US and by Bandai Namco in Europe. A mistake Sony still regrets to this day.

The problem lies in the fact that Sony still owns the IP of Demon’s Souls, leaving Sony as the only company who can make the remaster. Head of Fromsoftware Hidetaka Miyazaki has also stated that a Demon’s Souls remaster is completely up to Sony and that they probably won’t be involved if a remaster somehow does happen."

https://www.gameskinny.com/1bidl/why-sony-doesnt-care-about-a-demon-souls-remaster

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

"To answer the question of why we still don’t have a Demon’s Souls remaster, you have to understand a bit about how the original Demon’s Souls was released. Demon’s Souls got developed by Fromsoftware, the studio behind all the Souls games. At the time they, teamed up with Sony for their project; however, when the release date was near, the game was still barely playable, and Sony didn’t want to publish the game outside of Japan due to its many problems and punishing gameplay. Because of this, Demon’s Souls eventually got published by Atlus in the US and by Bandai Namco in Europe. A mistake Sony still regrets to this day.

The problem lies in the fact that Sony still owns the IP of Demon’s Souls, leaving Sony as the only company who can make the remaster. Head of Fromsoftware Hidetaka Miyazaki has also stated that a Demon’s Souls remaster is completely up to Sony and that they probably won’t be involved if a remaster somehow does happen."

https://www.gameskinny.com/1bidl/why-sony-doesnt-care-about-a-demon-souls-remaster

Huh, thanks for that. Still strange that it wouldn't be included with the trilogy, or at least Bloodborne, to make it a complete Soul Collection. I'd think Sony would benefit from remastering Demon regardless.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if these will have separate trophy lists or anything, don't think so.

I own the first Dark Souls and plan to platinum that game on the PS3. This is good news for people like me who haven't played through the games.

Made by the same company who made Demon's Souls and Bloodborne, so you know it's going to be a quality trio of games.

• Like 1

I was wondering if this would happen after Dark Souls got a PS4 version.

On 8/21/2018 at 10:06 PM, Undead Wolf said:

It's kind of shitty they announced this after the release of Dark Souls Remastered.....

It makes perfect sense though, first Bamco can cash in on the remaster, then on the trilogy.

On 8/22/2018 at 0:57 PM, Gefro-On-Defro said:

New trophies and I’m in!

I'd like it if the DLCs had trophies, but doubt if that will happen.

That's a nice looking steelcase.  Having gotten into Dark Souls a bit more myself recently, I'd almost be on board with this... but a steelcase box like that would really stand out in my collection.  And probably not in a good way.  I'll stick with my individual copies. :)

10 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It makes perfect sense though, first Bamco can cash in on the remaster, then on the trilogy.

Yup, they know there are hardcore fans out there willing to purchase this despite already getting the remaster (and probably owning the other games at least once too). It's greedy, pure and simple. Thing is, I would have considered buying the trilogy had it been announced prior to the release of DS1 Remastered, but waiting until after its release just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. They knew what they were doing.

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2018 at 0:51 AM, chellesan said:

This looks like milking the franchise

Did they hire someone from Capcom? ?

Yeah, this makes no sense...other than squeezing out a few extra bucks. It's possible they wanted to see how DS1 would do before automatically adding it to a trilogy, but still...they are already on the PS4.