[Fixed in v1.06] [Guide] Getting platinum after the v1.05 fiasco

HusKy

29 minutes ago, Sergen said:

It didn't work digitally for the game I was trying, I guess it depends which game you try, but I hope something good gets fixed digitally :D 

Wait, I thought you tried it with injustice or something at random and it did work?

39 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Injustice 2 worked on the retail copy, but the same method didn't work for the digital version of Drawn to Death. 

I see. Odd that it would be so inconsistent. Any idea why Drawn to Death didn't work?

Just now, RNumbers said:

I see. Odd that it would be so inconsistent. Any idea why Drawn to Death didn't work?

Maybe Sony's titles are just programmed to never download a lower version, I don't remember trying a lower version of another digital game, I guess I'll follow instructions for something else and see. Hopefully it would work for Surgeon Simulator since that did have glitches on it that were positive, it also goes on near-enough every sale so it will end up being really cheap eventually. 

51 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Maybe Sony's titles are just programmed to never download a lower version, I don't remember trying a lower version of another digital game, I guess I'll follow instructions for something else and see. Hopefully it would work for Surgeon Simulator since that did have glitches on it that were positive, it also goes on near-enough every sale so it will end up being really cheap eventually. 

This method also doesn't work to go back to a version 1.00, right? You need to replace one patch with another, IIRC. I did read about a method to skip patching altogether, but it requires a slightly different method. Maybe I'll look into this a bit further. But now it's getting to be more and more of a gray area...

4 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

This method also doesn't work to go back to a version 1.00, right? You need to replace one patch with another, IIRC. I did read about a method to skip patching altogether, but it requires a slightly different method. Maybe I'll look into this a bit further. But now it's getting to be more and more of a gray area...

The other thing I've thought of might be whether the game has ever had a physical release at all. Maybe that affects downgrading it, it's hard to say. I'm not sure if there's a .json file that reverts a game back to version 1.00, but most games seem to also get released with day 1 patches on PS4 as it is. 

On 9/2/2018 at 2:29 PM, Sergen said:

If you restart it, I think it will let you continue the download, but it is quite tedious for it to do that. I can't say I'm that engaged in proxy servers to pay for Charles. Unfortunately with this, it seems like only disc versions work for the games and online modes don't work, since the game automatically realises it's on a lower version after the download has finished. This helps with games that are single player only that may have had patches that broke trophies, or patches that stopped easy methods from being used for trophies. I've found this and it contains the code for a lot of different games and their old versions: https://xn--xce.cc/pkgWIP.txt I grabbed Injustice 2's 1.09 from there to see if I could downgrade it within 30 minutes and I was lucky enough to be able to do that :D

GShAmiJ.jpg

U should test and see mico machine can be downgrade on disk. And if u can pop that unobtainable trophy that last update broke 

I have the patch file stopped, so I don’t have to worry about not getting those trophies that are glitched.

But since you need to be connected online to earn that gold trophy, I think it’s better to either wait for another patch to come or just skip this game altogether.

On 10/16/2018 at 5:05 AM, TheYuriG said:

Would like to see if this would be possible with Surgeon Simulator and Mercenary Kings. Both have 1.00 exploits that are now fixed.

I hear Surgeon Simulator is pretty difficult with a lot of luck involved to A++ all those surgeries. Beforehand from what I’ve read on these forums you were only required to do a few of them.

Edited by BlindMango
Removed quote
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

I hear Surgeon Simulator is pretty difficult with a lot of luck involved to A++ all those surgeries. Beforehand from what I’ve read on these forums you were only required to do a few of them.

Yeah, sometimes you just have to wait the stars to align in your favor for it. Removing the patch would allow the alien surgeries to be mostly skipped, just doing one of them would be enough for the trophy of doing all of them. Or something like this, I haven't played the game yet. Don't see a lot of point in doing something the hardest way when there is an easier way to do it, no point in adding extra suffering where you can avoid it.

9 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Yeah, sometimes you just have to wait the stars to align in your favor for it. Removing the patch would allow the alien surgeries to be mostly skipped, just doing one of them would be enough for the trophy of doing all of them. Or something like this, I haven't played the game yet. Don't see a lot of point in doing something the hardest way when there is an easier way to do it, no point in adding extra suffering where you can avoid it.

Yeah. Definitely a game that is a lot of fun with friends, especially when drunk. 

Although I personally prefer games that test my skill rather than my patience with RNG.

2 hours ago, alanhoutman2 said:

I would like to start Mad Max, but after seeing this I'm really thinking not to do it.

I got the digital version and when it starts downloading should I just stop downloading when it reaches 'Ready to Play' so no updates are downloaded.

Would that work?

I think you need the physical version. 

I still have this game with only version 1.04, but I’m still hesitant to start with knowing the possibility of the challenges being glitched.

On 02.09.2018 at 2:11 PM, HusKyCode said:

TL;DR

Patch v1.05 broke the game and makes the Platinum unobtainable.

However, it's possible to "downgrade" your game to v1.04 and get the trophies with your current save file and without replaying major part of the game. The save file created by v1.05 is still compatible with v1.04.

This is not a game hack or anything like that, you will still need to do those races just like everyone else, except they will load now.

Before you start

Steps

1. For spoofing the request, I used Charles Proxy which acts as a MITM and allows overriding URLs in HTTP requests. Go ahead and install it, it's free for 30 days.
  2. Start Charles on your computer. Write down your computers local IP address. It will be something like "192.168.0.5" or similar.
  3. Go to Proxy settings (little cog wheel) and enable transparent proxy:
    1. Ny41IHe.png
  4. Go to your PS4 network settings and setup network. Either Wi-Fi or Wired works. Choose "Custom", set everything to default until you reach "Proxy" settings.
  5. Set the IP from step 2 and in the port field, type "8888" (default port for Charles unless you changed it).
  6. Test your connection in PS4, it should work and also the requests should start appearing in Charles app window.
  7. Insert Mad Max physical disc, it should start downloading v1.05 patch right away.
  8. Watch closely requests in Charles window, one of them will be to:
    • "EP1018-CUSA00054_00-MADMAXTHEGAME001-A0105-V0100.json"
      • This is "CUSA00054" - EU version
    • ... or ...
    • "UP1018-CUSA00103_00-MADMAXTHEGAME001-A0105-V0100.json"
      • This is "CUSA00103" - US version
    • This JSON file contains description of the update and tells PS4 where the actual patch files are.
  9. You will need to map this request from v1.05 JSON to v1.04 JSON. Right click on the request, choose "Map Remote..."
  10. The window looks like this:
    1. "Map From" will be prefilled with v1.05 (A0105) patch URL:VQsKiJk.png
    2. You will need to fill "Map To" values with v1.04 (A0104) patch URL: DcZEULs.png
      • Protocol: http
      • Host: gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net
      • Port: 80
      • Path:
        • /gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA00054_00/4/f_e10df9794afb8f99c4be4537f4be04167f1c88159890bec7517933880efb39b5/f/EP1018-CUSA00054_00-MADMAXTHEGAME001-A0104-V0100.json
        • ... or ...
        • /gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA00103_00/4/f_a90fdddaca54f73a9a20e513a3836513a40e70e6d1d2437a832ce9ea90ee0244/f/UP1018-CUSA00103_00-MADMAXTHEGAME001-A0104-V0100.json
  11. Go back to your PS4, stop the download, delete the game and reinsert your MM physical disc.
  12. It will once again start downloading patches but this time it will download v1.04 - it should be 406MB and should only take couple minutes to download. Your PS4 will be confused and say it just downloaded v1.05, this is OK.
  13. Once the download is done, it might start downloading actual v1.05. Make sure to block that patch. Personally, I closed Charles app as well as disconnected from internet via PS4 settings.
  14. Start the game, it should verify your PS4 save file just fine. Once you try to load your save file, it might be still installing from the disc so let that finish as well.
  15. Get your last couple races done and celebrate your new shiny platinum. :):platinum:

Pro tips

• You can manage your remote mappings via Tools > Map Remote (Ctrl + Alt + M / Cmd + Alt + M) (thx @Sergen)
  • It's possible to setup remote mapping before you insert the disc for the very first time and this will save you about 5 minutes. I'd only recommend this for advanced users who have done this before.

Hey man! I have a trouble.. Maybe i toch "Map From..." and now i have downloading error. Game cant download and show me CE-36246-1 error. What happens?

Man, I've been reading this thread for days now ... just finished all the tasks in 1.05 yesterday, came home today, got ready to downgrade to 1.04 using the method showed by HusKyCode and then ... BOOM ... 1.06 hits my PS4! I finished the last two races and finally got Platinum. Really cool timing I'd say ... anyway, thanks for the great guide and effort ... technically really interesting and maybe of big use in the future ....

10 minutes ago, DysectorZA said:

WOW! I'm quite impressed, they seemed to fix the death race issue.

Does anyone know if patch 1.06 fixes the 192/191 Scavenger locations glitch at all?

I have yet to start Mad Max, but when I last checked my version was still on 1.04.

Unfortunately, the 190/191 glitch is still there :(.