Twisted Metal Servers Shutting Down - January 31, 2019

Nemesis_WM

56 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

I'll also add, the trophies I list below are the ones you should prioritize.

Everything else can be done in LAN / split-screen mode offline later. The ones i've listed require the servers.

In your Face

This one can be done in LAN / offline in NUKE mode.

19 hours ago, clickclick-uhoh said:

From some stuff i found in another forum even viewing your trophies while signed in (even if in in offline mode) could be the culprit. did you happen to view trophies while signed in taz? 

I played my last games from 7pm central us time to 11 pm central us time. there were anywhere from 20-40 game sessions active and I didn't have any connection issues. I really think it's a sporadic problem without much rhyme or reason

You could be right with this. I might checked my trophy list while i was boosting.

16 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Isn't that an online-only mode?

Can be done in LAN, not offline as I copy-pasted, so can be still achieved after server's closure.

Of course, better to get rid of it asap, since anyway you have to win 10 Nuke games online if you are chasing the plat, so you shall hit the statue at least once.

Edited by Smashero

22 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Can be done in LAN, not offline as I copy-pasted, so can be still achieved after server's closure.

Of course, better to get rid of it asap, since anyway you have to win 10 Nuke games online if you are chasing the plat, so you shall hit the statue at least once.

Oh yes, and the game supports XLink Kai so it can be played on LAN with strangers after the shutdown anyway.

10 minutes ago, kraven_15 said:

Finally finished last night... im pretty sure anyway.  Could someone have a quick look at my profile just in case please? Sorry to ask... id just hate to think i missed something stupid

yep you have everything :) 

• Like 1

Don’t have an exact time for a shutoff, but even if it’s late in the day on the 15th, I would highly suggest not starting from scratch at this point.

The campaign req’d to unlock Warthog will take a good 6-8 hours, and the minimum online requirement will be about 16 hours if everything goes perfect.

Edited by B1rvine

Hoping that everyone that really wanted this gets all mp trophies done, but I am scared that this is going to shutdown at the same time as modnation racers did which would be 10 oct 0:09 PST (15 oct for tm) which would already be over 11 hours...

Luckily most people who I boosted with got their trophies done, but for those who don't have it yet; good luck with the last push!

Edited by Bumperklever

20 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

i hope that the servers will shutdown at least 3-4 days after the official deadline, because my retail copy has not arrived yet and so, i cannot finish the online at the moment (need only the warthog kills), just like Motorstorm Apocalypse or Batman Arkham Origins.

I do not want to kill your hope, but having in mind what happened with Modnation Racers (servers were closed minutes after announced date) I would rather expect that in couple of hours TM will go down...

Of course fingers crossed that's really 25th... Same for Playstation All-Star Battle Royale... 

• 3 weeks later...

It still says 15th October on the Aussie store but I’m assuming that can’t be right as the servers are global and not region locked?

It this is the case I might try and go for the plat, is 2 months plenty of time to get it done? 

Is there a good guide everyone has one has been using to avoid the glitches? I know it’s a buggy mp and would like to know what I’m doing before I attempt this