rockstar can't be serious about moose in this game

Alaquia

Last thing I need for skin deep is the stupid western bull moose. I’ve put it about 9 hours looking for solely that. Riding to Lake Cairn, Lake Isabella, and Barrow Lagoon, sleeping and reloading. There is a 100% spawn method for the western moose (the female) but no one that I know of has found any reliable spawn for the bull. Please share anywhere you find the bull moose that isn’t listed already!

46 minutes ago, olivetheturtle said:

Last thing I need for skin deep is the stupid western bull moose. I’ve put it about 9 hours looking for solely that. Riding to Lake Cairn, Lake Isabella, and Barrow Lagoon, sleeping and reloading. There is a 100% spawn method for the western moose (the female) but no one that I know of has found any reliable spawn for the bull. Please share anywhere you find the bull moose that isn’t listed already!

I found mine at Tall Trees, where the first E of "Trees" is.

EDIT: Also just found one at Cattail Pond.

Edited by Alex_R-13
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Akrioz said:

I found mine completely random at the rocks just to the south-west of Cumberland falls. It was just standing on a rock there.

4 hours ago, Alex_R-13 said:

I found mine at Tall Trees, where the first E of "Trees" is.

EDIT: Also just found one at Cattail Pond.

Thanks guys! Going to add these two locations in my loop of Cairn-> Barrow -> Isabella. Will update with wherever I find it. 

@olivetheturtle Out of interest, how long are you spending in any given area? I found both of my moose in the area above Brandywine Drop, in the wooded area next to the house with the stranger mission, but they weren't there when I arrived. I spent a few minutes there before a moose spawned, I know I didn't miss them on my way in. Maybe try hanging around an area for a bit longer if you're still having trouble.

2 hours ago, ThePhatMatt said:

@olivetheturtle Out of interest, how long are you spending in any given area? I found both of my moose in the area above Brandywine Drop, in the wooded area next to the house with the stranger mission, but they weren't there when I arrived. I spent a few minutes there before a moose spawned, I know I didn't miss them on my way in. Maybe try hanging around an area for a bit longer if you're still having trouble.

Great idea! I would spend about 30 seconds in each area. Longer for Lake Isabella because of how large it is. Starting my search again now so I’ll try staying around a few more minutes in each area. Will update open I finally find one. Thanks for all the help guys! 

4 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Struggling to find a moose this is probably the best way to get one to spawn:-

For Bull Moose save around here and you can keep loading the save until you find it:-

I’m so happy! I found it EXACTLY in the same spot as the video at Lake Isabella. It was not there when I first rode by so thanks to @ThePhatMatt I had decided to stay in the area a bit and headed up north above the waterfall to check out the stream. I came back and it was there!!!! 9:49 AM, clear skies, and 21°F in-game. Thank you to everyone!

If anyone was interested in zoologist stats still, I got it without the legendary animals or the Carolina Parakeet. I studied and skinned every Guarma animal but they did not count as “extra” like some people said— I still needed every animal except the Parakeet which was already known not to count. 

Edited by olivetheturtle
  • Like 2

Took me hours riding across cairn lake and the the other lake with the arabian to find a western bull moose... In the end I gave up and went for the legendary fish and upon returning back there it was a western bull moose on ice lmao, it couldn't stand up and was easy to study and finish it off. Sadly couldn't take the pelt with me. But some of these vids are really helpfull, still considered RNG but still have to get one more moose then it got most hard to find animals only lacking 14 or so.

Got it the first time that I went for the white arabian horse. Daytime. Was there facing the arabian, approached it, broke it, turned around, western bull moose. VERY lucky. Can't get the 3-hit blackjack challenge though. 

There's so much involved in this platinum that everyone is going to have some roadblocks. 

Try using cover scent and herbivore bait.

I've tried everything suggested in this thread, but no luck. Cannot find any of the 2 Mooses! 

Users talking about a Western Bull Moose spawn in the trees west of Manzanita post, been there, spent an entire day, no luck.

Videos please. 

From my experience, it's a lot harder to "force" spawn a moose than a grizzly bear. The usual save/load/sleep techniques did not work for me very well. You just have to come there over and over and eventually it will be there. Seems like RNG is usually picking from a wide variety of animals in the same category (e.g. it can spawn Deer, Pronghorn, Elk, Moose) at the same spot and it seems like certain animals have a higher probability.

For what it's worth, I have seen moose at 4 locations:

• Lake Isabella (west) (2x western bull moose)
  • Brandywine Drop (rocks in the right side) (western bull moose)
  • Tall Trees (next to first E in the word Trees) (western moose)
  • forest around Wilard's Rest (western moose)

For me, this was also the most problematic animal but mostly because I failed to skin Bull Moose twice in a row. ??

Good luck everyone.

Edited by HusKyCode
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eshaal said:

I've tried everything suggested in this thread, but no luck. Cannot find any of the 2 Mooses! 

Users talking about a Western Bull Moose spawn in the trees west of Manzanita post, been there, spent an entire day, no luck.

Videos please. 

I've stumbled upon the Western Bull Moose at Cattail Pond (just above Wallace Station) and near the Loft in the Grizzles East.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 1:27 PM, J3dP89 said:

3 hours of searching at all known locations, never even saw one. I don't want a perfect one I just need it for studying and skinning but goddamn are they rare.

guess this is my punishment for getting the 3hit and win blackjack challenge in 30minutes ^^

any1 else having trouble with this animal?

This was easy just searching on YouTube.  Smh.. call me when you get to tracking down a Florida panther, then you can complain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burzzz300 said:

This was easy just searching on YouTube.  Smh.. call me when you get to tracking down a Florida panther, then you can complain.

Just set up a camp east of the spawn point, located south east of Braithwaite manor. Sleep until evening, head west for the spawn point and search. If you don’t see a panther or a Florida panther either head back and sleep or reload. I found both species in that location super quickly, though studying and skinning was tough because they kept killing me.

1 hour ago, Burzzz300 said:

been there, done that

bull moose is still the king for me! :D

but really, after finishing all the animal related trophies and the 100% I'm still on vacation from this game. collectible hell!