SE cancels 3 of 4 Story DLCs, Tabata Out

linkdevivo

So the big question, which we don't seem to have an answer for yet, is if Square will create a new set of trophies for the standalone version of Comrades or not. In theory, they could have the standalone client just link to the trophy set in Final Fantasy XV. That would make more sense to me, because otherwise anyone buying FFXV and its various editions would be permanently locked out of the Comrades trophies...

Does anyone know what the precedent is for this? Any games that have released standalone modes but that link back the original trophy list? 

Like many of you, I was waiting for the end of all the DLC to go for 100%. I really don't want to spend a month grinding out this mode while feeling time pressure...

13 hours ago, Zach said:

Can anyone tell me how hard they think it would be to 100% all the trophies?

6/10

In my opinion there are a couple of hard fights in this game. All in different DLC.

1. Transcendence - Defeat Cor in episode Gladiolus

2. A new protagonist - Earn the top score in the friendly match in episode Ignis. (For me the hardest trophy of the game) 

3. Blessed by all - Comrades expansion. You need to beat the final boss in comrades with the AI.

Not easy, but with some practice anyone can do it...

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, crusher_1220 said:

So the big question, which we don't seem to have an answer for yet, is if Square will create a new set of trophies for the standalone version of Comrades or not. In theory, they could have the standalone client just link to the trophy set in Final Fantasy XV. That would make more sense to me, because otherwise anyone buying FFXV and its various editions would be permanently locked out of the Comrades trophies...

Does anyone know what the precedent is for this? Any games that have released standalone modes but that link back the original trophy list? 

Like many of you, I was waiting for the end of all the DLC to go for 100%. I really don't want to spend a month grinding out this mode while feeling time pressure...

Something like this happened with Uncharted 4 and Uncharted Lost Legacy. Lost Legacy has the same multiplayer as Uncharted 4. For this reason, even if you don't own Uncharted 4, you can unlock the Uncharted 4 MP trophies by playing Lost Legacy.  Square could easily do something like this (standalone Comrades unlocks comrades trophies in the FF XV list), but currently there's no confirmation if this is the case.

40 minutes ago, crusher_1220 said:

The multiplayer with Uncharted lost legacy is the Uncharted 4 multiplayer. If you don't have 4 on your profile it loads it when you boot the MP. Also the standalone version of the left behind DLC from the last of us doesn't have it's own trophy list. It just gives you the full last of us list so there is precedent for separate titles to use old lists. This is FFXV though,  it's got 6 lists so I doubt they'll do it sensibly this time around either

3 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

The 2018 comrades expansion is included in the Comrades dlc? I just received my Royal Edition, i put the code but i only saw one dlc named Comrades, a 7.5 gb one.

I'm also downloading 29.2 gb (update)

Yes. It’s a free expansion.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CaptHowdy_91 said:

You can play it offline. I just confirmed this myself.

I unplugged the internet to my PS4 and started up FFXV. It had multiple warnings about not being able to use server features, but Comrades started up just fine. I'm in Comrades right now, doing a hunt,  with no internet into my PS4. The only differences I see, AI partners only, and no daily quests.

If you are worried an update will make Comrades unplayable, it is safest to just leave your PS4 offline while you get the trophies.

Thank you too. In few hours I will finally able to test it. 

16 minutes ago, CaptHowdy_91 said:

You can play it offline. I just confirmed this myself.

I unplugged the internet to my PS4 and started up FFXV. It had multiple warnings about not being able to use server features, but Comrades started up just fine. I'm in Comrades right now, doing a hunt,  with no internet into my PS4. The only differences I see, AI partners only, and no daily quests.

If you are worried an update will make Comrades unplayable, it is safest to just leave your PS4 offline while you get the trophies.

If this is true, how will the trophies be unobtainable after December 13th?

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 8:01 AM, fabmorais_2011 said:

I understand the resentment towards SE, but remember that this is the same company that released Dragon Quest XI to universal praise. I hope the success of DQXI makes them also re-think the whole Final Fantasy franchise.

I actually think that Square may spin off Enix and give them SP game rights, while focusing on MP games instead.

3 hours ago, crusher_1220 said:

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare is another example of a standalone game that uses the parent game's trophy list.

Not really the same issue, but more evidence that it's possible for a game to grant trophies in another games trophy list, there's also a Japanese game that I always forget the name of that has so many DLCs that they had to make a second trophy list for them all (the second list is only DLC's, no base game trophies).

Another example is Assassin's Creed Black Flag and its DLC Freedom Cry. 

Freedom Cry has 2 versions: one has a trophy list inside the base game and actually requires that you buy the DLC and the other one comes as Standalone. Trophies achieved playing with the Standalone version will not be achieved into base game trophy set and viceversa.

Now, if Freedom Cry DLC is delisted, you will never be able to get 100% playing with the standalone version.

Edited by X_Wizi_X

I think they clearly have the option to make the standalone game unlock trophies on a new list or the old, as other games have demonstrated (another example being Driveclub/Driveclub Bikes unlocking trophies on each other's lists). Is there a benefit to giving Comrades a separate list? Like would this mode be worthy of getting its own platinum? Or are they planning to update it regularly with new trophies?

It sounds like a completely updated/different version of Comrades (likely recycling a lot of assets)- otherwise it wouldn't make sense that they'd be disabling access of the old version from the main game.  I'm assuming if the information they gave is correct, they want to encourage everyone to play the new version so they're cutting off the old one.  A different version to me would signify a low chance of the trophy list crossing over.  I hope I'm wrong, but that's what makes the most sense to me.  They were a bit vague about it, though.

It's good to know it's playable without internet access- I haven't tried myself but if I feel pressed for time I'll definitely try it out.

56 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Comrades still has the same price 20$, personally if you now can earn each trophy offline, after december 13 we could earn every single trophy as well, now I have a question: If they closed the server that mean the Comrades dlc will be unavailable on Playstation store after december 13?

They could delist the Comrades dlc as now it's intended, releasing the standalone version on store instead of it.

Btw I found out that I bought the "complete edition" in January 2018, that means I have the base game + the season pass. The season pass does not include the Royal DLC and I had to spend 15 euro just for that.

1 hour ago, X_Wizi_X said:

They could delist the Comrades dlc as now it's intended, releasing the standalone version on store instead of it.

Btw I found out that I bought the "complete edition" in January 2018, that means I have the base game + the season pass. The season pass does not include the Royal DLC and I had to spend 15 euro just for that.

I just have the base game, and now with this announced probably I will wait the next move SE pretend to do. But maybe the trophies will be available after the server closed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

It's stuff like this that makes me glad IO Interactive managed to buy themselves out from Square Enix - Hitman 2 is much better now that Square Enix doesn't try to rush things. Too bad Square Enix is still holding on to Tomb Raider and other franchises which are being handled poorly.

I think we're about to see a restructuring of Square Enix. My guess is they're going to spin off a lot of SP franchises into different companies/pieces of companies.