Bingo Bonanza 2020

On 1/4/2019 at 11:00 AM, fabiansc83 said:

@XX_FTWthis event is so cool, it deserves some badges, i'm right? ?

Ooooh yes. Badges would be super cool. I... don’t know who to look to for something like that. Help?

@Kevvik love the dauber. I’ve got something similar to debut once I actually finish a game.

@ghostehkins @Kittet3 and others: I love the custom check offs you guys are doing!

• Like 1

Spoiler

9lsqyVa.jpg

Finished up my second one, this time something actually on PSN.  I'm counting Ys Origin as having player choices and multiple endings because the player chooses what character they play as and each character route has their own ending.  Have one route down, so it's done for this, though I have five more playthroughs to go for the plat and this is my UR plat for the 10 things I hate about games event.  Yes, I'm totally just binging on Ys games since Ys: Memories of Celceta on Steam is going to be my one with minigames and I'll find a way to cram in the Ys: Lacrimosa of Dana PS4 stack in there too.

N2: Ys Origin (PS4)

O3: Ys Seven (Steam)

I do have a question though, for the one where it begins with the same letter as your PSN name, how would it count titles beginning with "The" on platforms besides PSN?  I know PSN counts those as beginning with T, but on Steam "The" doesn't count as the first word.  So on PSN something like The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel is a T title, but on Steam they are sorted with the other games beginning with L.  I think this only applies to Steam though since I'm about 99% sure XBL also counts those as T.  Whatever the answer is, I'm definitely doing something on Steam for that since I don't have any unfinished games on PSN that begin with L, but I have a bunch on Steam.

• Like 1

Completed my first game of the event being N4: Onrush. i have also moved a few games around

B1 - Last Game You Acquired |  Whatever I Buy Next

B2 - That Everyone But You Has Played | Metal Gear Solid: Phantom Pain 5

B3 - Historical Fiction or Mythology | Nioh

B4 - That You Can Beat In One Sitting | InkSplosion

B5 - In A Series New to you | Kingdom Hearts 

I1 - Based on a Non-Gaming IP | TBD

I2 - You Think You Will Dislike | Telltale Game of Thrones

I3 - That You've Been Meaning To Get To | Ratchet and Clank 

I4 - With an Isometric View | Nex Machina: Death Machine

I5 - Adventure | God of War

N1 - Racing or Sports | Burnout Paradise Remastered 

N2 - Oldest in Your Backlog | Infamous First Light

N3 - Player's Choice | TBD

N4 - One Word Title | Onrush

N5 - Favourite Genre | TBD

G1 - Originally Released in 2019 | Judgement/Project Judge

G2 - Metroidvania or Rogue-like | Hoilow Knight

G3 - Starts With The First Letter In Your PSNID | TBD

G4 - Ultra Rare Platinum | Mighty no.9

G5 - Hype! | TBD

O1 - Reboot or Spiritual Successor | Shenmue

O2 - With Player Choices or Multiple Endings | Psycho-pass Mandatory Happiness

O3 - By an Independent Developer | Party Golf

O4- Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes | Pier Solar and the Great Architects

O5 - With Minigames in it | Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise

Edited by Ampplaca
  • Like 1

Managed to get the first few easy ones out of the way.
I've decided to change my "Hype!" game from Hyperballoid HD to Hyperdimension Neptunia PP.

Reading the Hyperballoid HD Trophy Guide, seems the DLC trophy is badly glitched and as I don't already own game yet, basically I don't want to spend money on a game I can't 100%.

Also decided to redesign my bingo card, so all information is available in the one place:

• Like 3

With Marvel's Spider-Man I just checked off I3 - With Gorgeous Vistas as my first Bingo tile. I'm definitely going to check off N4 and G4 later this month, but for the rest I partly chose pretty lengthy titles, so I'm pretty sure it's going to take a while for me to get the Blackout Bingo.

Furthermore I switched a few games around, so now my card is completely mapped out, except for the Player's Choice tile. 

Spoiler

B1 - That gives you the feels - The Last of Us

B2 - Award-Winning - The Witcher 3

B3 - Favourite Genre - Final Fantasy XIII

B4 - Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes - Final Fantasy XIII-2

B5 - With Mystery or Detective Themes - This is the Police

I1 - With Online Features - For Honor

I2 - Racing or Sports - Project Cars

I3 - With Gorgeous Vistas - Marvel's Spider-Man :platinum:

I4 - Cult Favourite - Spyro

I5 - Released the Year You Joined PSNP (2017) - Crash Bandicoot

N1 - Last Game You Acquired - Final Fantasy XV

N2 - Featuring a Romance or Romance Options - Dragon Age Inquisition

N3 - Player's Choice - 

N4 - That You Can Beat In One Sitting - Burly Men At Sea

N5 - Originally Released 2019 - Kingdom Hearts 3

G1 - Starts With The First Letter In Your PSN ID (L) - Lumo/Little Nightmares

G2 - Retro Rerelease - Spyro 2

G3 - Historical Fiction or Mythology - God of War 3

G4 - With Minigames In It - Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart

G5 - Oldest In Your Backlog - Skyrim

O1 - With Player Choices or Multiple Endings - Detroit: Become Human

O2 - That Takes "Forever" To Beat - Final Fantasy X

O3 - With a # or Punctuation Mark in the Title - Ni No Kuni 2

O4 - DLC Pack or Standalone DLC - Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds

O5 - Reboot or Spiritual Successor - Uncharted 3

• Like 1

I finished my first title: God of War PS4 for Gorgeous Vistas :) Several times i looked the landscape and oh boy it does looks good... but i am honest i didn't have as much fun slaying beasts as in the older GoW games... it's too thoughtful this time. But they do their job great (Kratos and his son talking all the time)... I still have many things to collect for trophies so i will continue with this journey a bit longer...

bingobonanza1fertig.png

• Like 1

Third square down ?

I2 - With a # Or Punctuation Mark in the Title: Steins;Gate

Still getting the easy ones out of the way first before I start the 50 hour + games.

Spoiler

iacyFYV.jpg

Spoiler

B1 - Recommended by a PSNP member: The Sims 3 or Rainbow Moon (Recommended by LucianaRosethorn)

B2 - Released the year you joined PSNP: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2012)

B3 - Adventure: Skyrim

B4 - Reboot or Spiritual Successor: Ratchet and Clank (PS4)

B5 - Oldest in your backlog: Hitman Blood Money (2006)

I1 - Racing or Sports: Onrush

I2 - With a # or Punctuation Mark in the Title: Steins;Gate  :platinum:

I3 - That You Can Beat in One Sitting: Burly Men At Sea :platinum:

I4 - That You've Been Meaning To Get To: Dragon Quest XI

I5 - Hype!: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

N1 - Starts With The First Letter In Your PSNID: Master Reboot

N2 - Ultra Rare Platinum: Stardew Valley (0.70%)

N3 - Player's Choice: Mad Max

N4 - Platform Exclusive: Knack

N5 - With Online Features: TERA or Happy Dungeons

G1 - One Word Title: Deiland :platinum:

G2 - With a Female Protagonist: Lightning Returns FFXIII

G3 - In A Series New To You: Mass Effect

G4 - With Minigames In It: Yakuza Dead Souls

G5 - That You Started But Didn't Finish: Dragon Quest Builders

O1 - Favorite Genre: Horizon Zero Dawn (Open world, RPG, Action)

O2 - Play as an Anti-hero or Bad Guy: God of War III (PS4)

O3 - That Gives You The Feels: Shadow of the Colossus or The Last Of Us

O4 - Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes: Dragon Age II

O5 - Retro Rerelease (Originally on a Console W/o Trophies): Final Fantasy VII

Edited by Mystvayne
  • Like 1

Finally remembered to add my card..lol

I did finish one square yesterday.
B3: Game with a female protagonist: Period Cube.

I finished the first story line yesterday and working on the last six over the next few days. For a VN, it is not too bad. It is SAO without being called that. A lot of similarities to the beginning of the first season.
  • Like 1

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin

I have a decent card that I might be able to fill out at least somewhat. 

Anyway I completed a box now. 

G3 - Sega Genesis Classics - Game with 50+ old school Sega games

And anyone got any recommendations for my O4 square; Recommended by a PSNP member? 

Edited by Champ147

5 hours ago, Champ147 said:

And anyone got any recommendations for my O4 square; Recommended by a PSNP member? 

Your card isn't showing by the way, but as far as a rec, did you like Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel so far?  If so I'd recommend at least finishing the story.  You left off right about as it was going to start getting interesting.  Tales of Zestiria also looks like a good pick because you haven't finished the story but looks like you got a decent amount of the way in and I did enjoy that game.

On 1/6/2019 at 10:52 PM, ladynadiad said:

I do have a question though, for the one where it begins with the same letter as your PSN name, how would it count titles beginning with "The" on platforms besides PSN? 

Either way is fine.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:03 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@XX_FTW can you add me to the OP as a participant? I'm not sure what page my original card is on. :( 

Of course. If I haven’t added you yet—note: adding people by the PSN name associated with the account and not forum name—then I’ll get you added tomorrow. Sorry, the new year has been super busy on my end: new rush of work, visitors in town, etc.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qD5qKScogz9VLi1k7

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Your card isn't showing by the way, but as far as a rec, did you like Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel so far?  If so I'd recommend at least finishing the story.  You left off right about as it was going to start getting interesting.  Tales of Zestiria also looks like a good pick because you haven't finished the story but looks like you got a decent amount of the way in and I did enjoy that game.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been pondering about going back to both of those games to at some point but I might just have to move them higher up on list. 

And is there a nice way to upload a picture on this site? I'm using my phone and it just isn't going well

Edited by Champ147

3 minutes ago, XX_FTW said:

Either way is fine.

Of course. If I haven’t added you yet—note: adding people by the PSN name associated with the account and not forum name—then I’ll get you added tomorrow. Sorry, the new year has been super busy on my end: new rush of work, visitors in town, etc.

Cool, just making sure I didn't get lost in all of this. I understand. With this many participants, it can be tough to keep track of everything not to mention rl getting in the way.

Thanks for the update though! Much appreciated! :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Champ147 said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qD5qKScogz9VLi1k7

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been pondering about going back to both of those games to at some point but I might just have to move them higher up on list. 

And is there a nice way to upload a picture on this site? I'm using my phone and it just isn't going well

That works better since it's viewable when clicking the link.  Everyone else is using something like imgur and grabbing the version that ends with the image extension since the forum won't recognize it as an image without that.  Someone else may be able to help with doing it on mobile though, I personally lack a smartphone or tablet so I have no ideas.

But I definitely think you should go back to one of those.  Even if not for that one, both would work great for gorgeous vistas and released the year you joined PSNP too.

26 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

But I definitely think you should go back to one of those.  Even if not for that one, both would work great for gorgeous vistas and released the year you joined PSNP too.

Glad that works with the link. And I notice you also have the PSNP suggestion box,  might I suggest a game I just got for Xmas myself, Shining Resonance Refrain? I notice you already have many JRPG titles so I figure this might be right up your alley. Otherwise I could name off many Tales of titles as that's my personal favorite series all time.  I could go on and on but I'll stick with the stand alone title Shining Resonance Refrain. If you want more, PM me, and thanks for the image and your suggestions again. 

So, I have been progressing with Freedom Wars and Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, so far.

I have a question regarding games like the Nonary Games. This game/bundle of some sorts is composed of two games, yet fused into a single trophy list. I'm currently going to get 999's true ending soon, before stepping forward to Virtue's Last Reward. In these cases, can I consider them two different games (because in fact they are different games) for the bingo card? Like instead of a single category for Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, have a category for 999 and another one for Virtue's Last Reward. Thanks.

12 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

I have a question regarding games like the Nonary Games. This game/bundle of some sorts is composed of two games, yet fused into a single trophy list. I'm currently going to get 999's true ending soon, before stepping forward to Virtue's Last Reward. In these cases, can I consider them two different games (because in fact they are different games) for the bingo card? Like instead of a single category for Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, have a category for 999 and another one for Virtue's Last Reward. Thanks.

Yes, they are separate games despite the trophy list so you can count them as such.

9 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Apologies for the hugeness, I can't make it smaller just yet.

No worries. Maybe a spoiler tag?

20 hours ago, Champ147 said:

If you have a direct link to the image, you should be able to upload it via "Insert Image From URL" in the "Insert Other Media" drop down.

3 hours ago, XX_FTW said:

Yes, they are separate games despite the trophy list so you can count them as such.

Wait, so I could actually count Umineko Answer Arcs episodes 6-8 as separate games since they are technically separate like Nonary games but were released together for the localization?  Well, technically it's 4 episodes but I finished the 5th one ages ago.  Dang, if I could do that I think that game would wipe out the squares for independent dev, anthropomorphized animals and platform exclusive since it's one of those language exclusive ones once I finish episodes 7 and 8.

s3CsvQH.jpg

Redeemed from PS Plus - Onrush :platinum:

Starts With The First Letter in Your PSNID - Lego The incredibles :platinum:

With Player Choices or Multiple Endings - The Inpatient, since it has choices and multiple endings I have some work left for the plat

Also finished Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 and wanted to place it under Historical Fiction or Mythology, in my head it counts but I always think outside the box ?

Does GTA V count for the That Takes "Forever" To Beat ? In my head it does, but in my head Asterix & Obelix count for the Mythology thing as well ?

• Like 2