linkdevivo

No Critical Difficulty Required for Platinum

46 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Doenbo said:

In other words: Trophywise - is there any reason NOT to play on beginner/easy ?

As far as it is known today, I'd answer "nope" to your question, but since the game isn't even out yet it is hard to find the correct answer. I guess we'll just have to wait a few more days ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Maybe it'll be added as a DLC, it seems patches that add difficulty-related trophies are becoming more popular.

I don't want anything added as DLC, I've done all the games on Proud/Critical Difficulty first, depending if it's locked and stuff, but we've been waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3 for ages, once it's released and played through, there's no need to add more stuff. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

I don't want anything added as DLC, I've done all the games on Proud/Critical Difficulty first, depending if it's locked and stuff, but we've been waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3 for ages, once it's released and played through, there's no need to add more stuff. 

Looking at FFXV, I'm expecting KH3 to receive the same DLC and patch treatment.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Looking at FFXV, I'm expecting KH3 to receive the same DLC and patch treatment.

Agreed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been waiting for this game for almost fifteen years, so IMO it does not matters in which difficulty we will play it. Just sit down and enjoy the final chapter of this wonderful and magical saga.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

I don't want anything added as DLC, I've done all the games on Proud/Critical Difficulty first, depending if it's locked and stuff, but we've been waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3 for ages, once it's released and played through, there's no need to add more stuff. 

 

Almost every game has had the "final mix" content, which was essentially DLC. It's a staple of the series at this point. Pretty sure it's already been confirmed too.

 

I love the final mix content myself so it'll be nice if they go that route instead of story dlcs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, fisty123 said:

It's been announced that the game has a day one DLC patch which installs both the epilogue and a hidden scene. There was never a this will be Sora's last title announcement this is just the last game in this saga.
I remember reading a couple of weeks back on a gaming news site that Sora will be in the next Kingdom Hearts game.
Personally I think having the secret ending installed on day one is a great idea, why because it stops the reviewer copies giving out true ending spoilers.

I just read the day one epilogue just before coming here lol but yes that's pretty cool.

 

Yeah it's the end of the saga, I guess at this point I thought Aqua would replace Sora or hed die. cant see the franchise ending anytime soon however I wish they now just do KH4 or whatever instead of mobile this, DS that.

 

cant wait for monday

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank God! I hated those trophies with a  passion. I will not miss having to beat the game on critical 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll almost certainly do a Critical run at some point since I've done so on all of the rest (save DDD for the moment because I'm still working on platting it) so it's not like this puts me off doing a harder run anyway. I can see why some are disappointed with having no reward for doing so but I'mma just look at it like I used to play games in the old days before achievements/ trophies- the accomplishment is its own reward.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 0:13 AM, SuperSmash5U said:

I'd put a memepic here but I think Kingdom Hearts III deserves better than that. :P

 

We'll have to see. If the game tricks us and forces us to do something in Critical Mode for a trophy, it won't be so bad. After all, the list doesn't say you have to finish the game in Critical Mode. This would be like DDDHD, where you have to play in a hard difficulty because you need to equip EXP 0 and that ability isn't in beginner mode.

 

To be honest, I think that the Classic Kingdom trophies will be the ones to piss me off. After suffering through them in the Union Cross extra menu, I was glad that I didn't have to go through 50 levels of Giantland, chances are I won't have that luxury in this game. xD

 

At least we will have a real controller to play the classic games. Accidentally missing the buttons on the screen when it got harder is what messed me up most of the time.

 

I'm just happy I decided to work Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Day, and New Years Eve/Day. Work can't really complain when I take a week off that way.

 

Edited by Gaberdude
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 2:50 PM, KingGuy420 said:

 

Almost every game has had the "final mix" content, which was essentially DLC. It's a staple of the series at this point. Pretty sure it's already been confirmed too.

 

I love the final mix content myself so it'll be nice if they go that route instead of story dlcs.

I was thinking about the final mix content as DLC, but at the same time, we've been waiting 13 years for this game to come out, this is the conclusion, I can't see them releasing this as a complete story and then as DLC, more content, you've already completed the story at that point, It'll feel weird to beat the main game and then go back for some extra bosses or whatever the final mix portion will include. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25.1.2019 at 7:13 AM, SuperSmash5U said:

I'd put a memepic here but I think Kingdom Hearts III deserves better than that. :P

 

We'll have to see. If the game tricks us and forces us to do something in Critical Mode for a trophy, it won't be so bad. After all, the list doesn't say you have to finish the game in Critical Mode. This would be like DDDHD, where you have to play in a hard difficulty because you need to equip EXP 0 and that ability isn't in beginner mode.

 

To be honest, I think that the Classic Kingdom trophies will be the ones to piss me off. After suffering through them in the Union Cross extra menu, I was glad that I didn't have to go through 50 levels of Giantland, chances are I won't have that luxury in this game. xD

 

For the Classic Kingdom Trophy you don't need to reach a special highscore. Just beat the first stage of every game and you can see that you have complete the game.
It's marked with the standard "Completed Micky Logo"

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

I was thinking about the final mix content as DLC, but at the same time, we've been waiting 13 years for this game to come out, this is the conclusion, I can't see them releasing this as a complete story and then as DLC, more content, you've already completed the story at that point, It'll feel weird to beat the main game and then go back for some extra bosses or whatever the final mix portion will include. 

 

Every final mix version came out after the fact. After people had beat the respective games. The whole idea of dlc is to give people a reason to go back to a game.

 

Doesn't basically every dlc ever made have you coming back after beating the game? I'm confused as to what has been going on all these years lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my pre-order was supposed to come in the mail today, but now its been delayed... im not happy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, YesImAPwnda said:

For the Classic Kingdom Trophy you don't need to reach a special highscore. Just beat the first stage of every game and you can see that you have complete the game.

Wow. Just. Wow. :|

 

*makes note to pick up game tomorrow from Gamestop*

 

Yes, I decided not to pre-purchase on PSN. I lose a Keyblade but I already got my Starlight from Union Cross and the past games didn't give you free keyblades so it's not a big deal. Sour grapes: Midnight Blue will probably be a lousy Keyblade which just has Second Form like Starlight will probably have. :P

7 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

So, PowerPyx has a trophy guide up on his site and he has confirmed that everything can be done on Beginner and there is nothing in the in-game records that require a harder difficulty.

Okay, so the game plan before I even unwrap KH3 is to earn these trophies for the other games:

2Sae457a.png2S7d5610.png2Sb05924.png3S3415d6.png4S7584a5.png55S387d73.png

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

So, PowerPyx has a trophy guide up on his site and he has confirmed that everything can be done on Beginner and there is nothing in the in-game records that require a harder difficulty.  

 

That's good to hear then, my game should be arriving today, so I know that I'll be going through on Standard mode myself, want to just enjoy the story mostly and have with the game, don't wish to get stressed out on a higher difficulty.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3/10 rated and everything can be done on Easy. Weird to see that for this game

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am glad they didn't add a trophy to it as it saves me another play of the game, I mean it is bad enough people have to do 6 plays of rechain on ps3 to get the plat and yeah.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

Am glad they didn't add a trophy to it as it saves me another play of the game, I mean it is bad enough people have to do 6 plays of rechain on ps3 to get the plat and yeah.

 

Hisssssss do not speak of such evil!

I also did two playthroughs on PS4 because at least that was still preferable to grinding everything out on Proud mode

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:05 PM, LepreCon91 said:

 

Hisssssss do not speak of such evil!

I also did two playthroughs on PS4 because at least that was still preferable to grinding everything out on Proud mode

yeah rechain is a pure painful game if you ask me

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.