Ghost Survivors DLC (FREE)

MiamiNights89

3 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Honestly though, does it really matter either way? It's still an excellent game. Who cares if it's not identical to the original in these areas :( it's not gonna change things. Feels like people desperately clutching to semantics to prove a point.

That's not my intention really, just pointing it out, I have no intention to bash the game as I enjoyed it and finished it like 10 times, when am bored, I play 4th survivor which is excellent.  

3 hours ago, Ptirle said:

I can't be misinformed since I played both original and a remake, I'm saying what it is and I know what I'm  talking about. I thought that you know too, but now I see that you need some explaining:

In the original since Claire A/Leon B is canon, Claire fights G body, and Birking mutations 2,3,4. Leon fights Birkin mutation 1,3, Mr.X mutated and Birkin mutation 5. A scenario regarding timeline is ahead of B, and near laboratory Leon needs to call back the trolley which Claire used to get to laboratory. They even meet a couple of times, etc. It's consistent 95% of time. Now tell me what there is *gasp* "similar"?

I figure u played it because, since you don't give a damn about the continuity or lore?

So you're hinging continuity on a few boss fights and a trolly ride? Didn't seem to think that was worth a 2-point deduction but, well, okay boo.

• Like 1

I want a "what if" scenario involving the black truck driver at the end of the true ending and you just drive around and flip zombies off. It ends with him running over Nemesis in Raccoon city and Jill thanks him before he flips her off too and then the title drops "RESIDENT EVIL 3" and Capcom says "there you go, that's the RE3 remake, we made it, now go home."

• Like 4

On 2/13/2019 at 1:55 PM, TheLakota said:

So you're hinging continuity on a few boss fights and a trolly ride? Didn't seem to think that was worth a 2-point deduction but, well, okay boo.

At least it made sense. Remake doesn't make sense at all, regarding scenarios. That is all.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, h4mx0r said:

Continuity doesn't care how ridiculous your fictional world is. The point is for a story to continue from point A to point B without any discrepancies or accidental retcons.

Anyways, the recurring boss fights thing is pretty weird, but at least the game was well made.

The internal integrity of a fictional world and the setpieces of a fictional world are to be judged apart, that's always the case. Suspension of disbelief.

But I also think what separates video games from books and movies, is the "what if" scenarios. Choose another character? See how the story would change. Claire is lighter, so the ladder won't fall, she's less likely to follow a femme fatale, more likely to meet a little girl, etc etc. I don't mind small alterations like that. I consider them two realities. RE1's endings change depending who you save, yet characters appear in future titles. That's... really the norm. Video games are gateways to alternative realities, the separate runs don't need to align like in a movie. I guess it would be a grander experience to see truly interlinked, separate scenarios that add up to a greater whole, but mostly that's an unreasonable expectation, not only because of the budget, but actually ensuring that the player play out a story to doesn't deviate too much from a script, and that's... frankly boring.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bpmotard said:

I always love when developers go the extra mile and not only remaking the game but adding new content to the game! i would even buy the DLC but giving them away for free? Trully incredible

Yes it's nice, although a more cynical view of it would be that it's content that could have been in the initial release of the game, but they chose to make it a free "season pass" to deter people from selling the game right away while also acting as free marketing.

Still, I much prefer the free season pass model to the paid one. Everyone wins, except for Gamestop.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:12 AM, Ptirle said:

I can't be misinformed since I played both original and a remake, I'm saying what it is and I know what I'm  talking about. I thought that you know too, but now I see that you need some explaining:

In the original since Claire A/Leon B is canon, Claire fights G body, and Birking mutations 2,3,4. Leon fights Birkin mutation 1,3, Mr.X mutated and Birkin mutation 5. A scenario regarding timeline is ahead of B, and near laboratory Leon needs to call back the trolley which Claire used to get to laboratory. They even meet a couple of times, etc. It's consistent 95% of time. Now tell me what there is *gasp* "similar"?

I figure u played it because, since you don't give a damn about the continuity or lore?

Does it really matter? the remake is a superb. and capcom said that there would be sligthly changes before the release :)

16 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Does it really matter? the remake is a superb. and capcom said that there would be sligthly changes before the release :)

I agree 100%...….but if you really want to hear the Lore explored there is a podcast called The Project Umbrella Podcast where 4-5 dudes breakdown the lore and the cannon of the whole series in unbelievable depth and are really entertaining. 

Also what up Divided, hope all is well brother. 

On another topic.

Just finished the Ghost Survivors trophies, and it was pretty fun. It's the same idea as the Hunk/Tofu modes but there's a bit more variety with the locations and potential strategies this time around. Trophy-wise it's not too bad. The raccoons are hidden across the four scenarios (4/3/2/1 split), and the No Way Out scenario unlocs once you've beaten the other three scenarios (practice works here).

The final scenario you need to do on normal for the trophy is basically a wave-based horde mode in a rather closed space. Not too difficult as the game is quite generous with drops, but it still offers a challenge as you can easily get swarmed by zombies coming from every direction.

Definitely worth playing.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 4:12 AM, Ptirle said:

5 hours ago, h4mx0r said:

Continuity doesn't care how ridiculous your fictional world is. The point is for a story to continue from point A to point B without any discrepancies or accidental retcons.

Anyways, the recurring boss fights thing is pretty weird, but at least the game was well made.

ReEeEeEeEeEeEe ThE rEmAke Is NoT 100% iDenTicAl To ThE oRiGiNaL tHeReFoRe iT's A bAd ReSiDeNt EviL gAmE. I wOnDeR wHy It'S cAlLeD a ReMaKe AnD a ReImAgInIng

Edited by wackt1
  • Like 1

I've recorded my Ghost Survivor runs (except No Way Out). Maybe they will help you out a little bit:

No Time to Mourn (no training mode):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n--_Q5LvlA&t=32s

Runaway (no training mode):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uIy4HlVyQI&t=3s

Forgotten Soldier (no training mode):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-DHe_ksoKM&t=2s

• Like 1

The best tip I can give for the sheriff, is to shoot the legs of the zombies carrying anything to make them drop it faster, also this way you won't accidentally blow up the gas tanks they have. 70-100 is where the insanity starts so try to save the rocket launcher for those parts while also having gas tanks dropped in strategic locations.

• Like 1

You people need to get your facts straight, I never said it was a bad game, I said it was excelent but not perfect because of that thing. And you are clinging too much to "what if" phrase that I said. It's not big deal really and this was directed to people who are interested in story.

People who do not find story, continuity or such interesting then there is no need to comment and give stupid examples like the whole zombie apocalypse is one big what if scenario. By that logic I can say that every game you play is  a what if scenario, and that's not the point.

Dont let my speaking of inconsistent story and unreal logic sway you away from your conception of a perfect game. If u think it is perfect then by all means think that way, I am not bothered by it at all. But dont tell me like, meh its ok, its a game, dont stress too much. I am placing facts, if you dont like the facts, ignore and dont comment, just dont try to defend undefendable cause. 

Also, of course remake is way better than original in almost every way, I even got over the 3rd person perspective which I hold so dear.

Ghost survivors are great btw. ?

• Like 1

No Way Out is extremely intense towards the end. Had one zombie left to kill and was poisoned at the same time but got it done! Tips wise, leave the gas canisters certain zombies are carrying on the floor, by shooting their legs and only use them if absolutely necessary, same with the rocket launcher. Use the shotgun to kill the pale heads and with the armoured guys, shoot their limbs.

Edited by Gladiator995