Pokemon Sword & Pokemon Shield Announced for Nintendo Switch

Parker

Looking forward to this and Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Not sure what "Weapon" I go with, need to see what the Legendary Pokemon before i decide and for Starter I go with the Fire Type or to be different type from my first for Gen 6 and 7 that ended up being playable in Super Smash Bros(Greninja and Incineroar) in other words Grass Type.

Glad that the Gyms is coming back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2019 at 0:40 PM, iGGTheEnd said:

This seems like what I wanted when I bought my switch for Pokémon Eevee and was instead delivered hot garbage.  This is a Pokémon game that can actually get me to use my switch.

What are you talking about "hot garbage"? Pokémon Let's Go is easily one of the best RPGs on the Switch. It's a well made, engaging, cute and fun experience. It may not exactly be what you wanted but calling it hot garbage is just an objectively false statement. 

• Like 1

I'll admit, I'm intrigued.  I haven't legit played a Pokemon game since the Red & Blue Gameboy days, and I just haven't really had a Nintendo handheld since... so a proper Pokemon game for my Switch has my attention.

I'm entirely unfamiliar with the generations of Pokemon though.  Are the original 151 there at all in these newer games... or is it all new Pokemon all the time?

Edited by Dreakon13

19 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I'm entirely unfamiliar with the generations of Pokemon though.  Are the original 151 there at all in these newer games... or is it all new Pokemon all the time?

It have all the Pokemon since the original game as in all 807(809 with Meltan and it's evolution Melmetal) pokemon.

30 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

It have all the Pokemon since the original game as in all 807(809 with Meltan and it's evolution Melmetal) pokemon.

Damn, that's a lot of Pokemon.  Thanks for the info, I'm thinking I'll definitely pick this one up then.

I am actually disappointed that Sobble looks like a rehash of Mudkip. I find its design to be lackluster which stinks because I almost always choose water starters (with the exception of Fennekin because I am OBSESSED with foxes and Cyndaquil because I thought it was cuter than Totodile). I will likely choose Scorbunny as my starter this generation but I will likely wait until I see the evolutions.

I actually loved Poplio in Sun/Moon because the final form is reminiscent of Selkies from Scottish lore (they are also referenced in Gaelic lore but are not referred to by that name but rather a name that translates to either maiden of the sea or mermaid). I thought Poplio was adorable instantly and since I am fond of that lore I had no issue with the final evolution.

• 2 months later...

Like what I saw aside from the big Pokemon, another shitty and unoriginal addition to the list to go with mega evolutions and z move.

The other issue I have is the environments of the game.... it looks to sunny and happy.  Isnt it supposed to be britain?  I've heard it's mostly rain and overcast.

27 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Like what I saw aside from the big Pokemon, another shitty and unoriginal addition to the list to go with mega evolutions and z move.

The other issue I have is the environments of the game.... it looks to sunny and happy.  Isnt it supposed to be britain?  I've heard it's mostly rain and overcast.

British weather is generally unpredictable.

I don't know what to say. I just don't.

ALL OF THIS. JUST ALL OF IT.

TAKE MY MONEY.

This is already looking exceedingly better than Alola/Gen. 7. This time... it's not even just the Gyms for the reason. I like the looks of ALL of these pokemon as well.

Also... not a surprise that the legendaries ended up being 'Sword' and 'Shield' related. STILL GREAT THOUGH.

I LOVE ALL OF THIS.

AMAZING. Even saying something like this seems to just not describe what I just watched.

NOVEMBER CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH.

?

• Like 1