Your ranking means nothing

AJ_Radio

I sometimes look at my national and worldwide rank, i see how much i advance when i get some trophies and how much i get down because i don't have time to play (thank you job and academic degree) and i don't care that much. I see each trophy i unlock as a personal little success and i feel happy for it.

Edited by Vampirehunter145
  • Like 1

World and Country's not enoughhhh! we need a State rank!!! Or a Town rank! Give me more statistics!! yeahhh baby.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

Leaderboards are exactly the same as trophies themselves.

They're meant as a bit of fun, it's up to you how serious you take them.

As to my opinion. I don't mind having a leaderboard, it's a nice feature, that's all. The idea of basing the games I play on raising my rank is an alien concept to me.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KaiserVendrix said:

I love it when people make threads about pointing out the obvious, have you honestly just realised this right now? If you really want to be negative about something why don’t you just say everything is pointless because we all will die in the end? That way you cover everything and pointless threads can stop.

So everything that has an end is automatically pointless? Every movie is pointless because it has an end? The life of Albert Einstein was completly pointless because he died? If you had one of the best days of your life yesterday, does that mean it's pointless today?

I know OP's pretty provoking. But I don't think he meant that leaderboard is pointless, because everything is pointless in a metaphysical sense. The leaderboard basically says nothing. It doesn't even say anything about people, just about accounts. You don't need skill to be on top. You don't even need commitment or time, just money. Usually you need something that others don't have to be at the top of a leaderboard. But in this case, it's just money you need.

16 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

@Nitro He makes these threads for the reaction/attention. Probably has no social aspect in his life, so this is it for him. What is so cringe, is how bad he wants it. But simply doesn’t have what it takes to get there, so he feels the need to bring others down to his level.

@Spaz Your opinion means nothing.

People work their ass off to be at the ranking they’re at, not to mention their completion and rarity at the same time. I’ve roasted you in a previous thread about this, yet you still feel the need to air your drivel on here. 

What’s funny is that you generally don’t hear from the heavy hitters, but in your case (a nobody) “oh look at me, I’m hitting the breaking point”  "oh look at me, im hardcore, i finished Dead Space 2" seriously just crawl back in your hole mate.

Your desperation for attention is nauseating.

Well said.

• Like 2

people question me why i bother going to the gym at 10pm at night where everyone else is tired. people ask me how im still on 3+ years with no sugar, people ask me how i lost 25kg, people ask me what keeps me motivated. i dont compete against others, i only compete against myself. you have one life to live, make the best out of it. as long as trophies and challenges exist, ill keep doing it. same with my gym life. 

i love doing things other wont do because the results and rewards is all worth it in the end. when you taste the rush you get, you will never quit, you just keep on going. 

i dont care about leaderboards.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 2

I really don’t get all this hate towards @Spaz. I think he is right. Although there are plenty of similar threads like this so I kind of think it wasn’t necessary. I don’t really care about the leaderboards myself, as I see it as swimming against an uphill stream, I get surpassed all the time by people who stack the Ezpz games. I try to remain in the top 100 of my country, but it’s a matter of time before I drop out of it again, which wouldn’t bother me at all. I’m more impressed by which games people played, than their leaderboard ranking. So a shout out to the UR hunters, Although not my thing, very impressive!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

So everything that has an end is automatically pointless? Every movie is pointless because it has an end? The life of Albert Einstein was completly pointless because he died? If you had one of the best days of your life yesterday, does that mean it's pointless today?

I know OP's pretty provoking. But I don't think he meant that leaderboard is pointless, because everything is pointless in a metaphysical sense. The leaderboard basically says nothing. It doesn't even say anything about people, just about accounts. You don't need skill to be on top. You don't even need commitment or time, just money. Usually you need something that others don't have to be at the top of a leaderboard. But in this case, it's just money you need.

I thought I was pretty clear with my sarcasm but I guess it's hard to pick up online, I'm not being serious with the whole "everything is pointless" comment.  The said OP it means nothing, is pointless and nothing all that different? I was only saying because I see a lot of negativity, we all love this hobby for one reason or another.

While I agree with rankings in my opinion dose mean nothing since I got to word it that way. I don't think creating another thread about it when the topic has been done to death already honestly helps. While to me and you it's nothing or pointless, others don't see it that way and use the board as a way to motivate themselves. Trying to be the best and all that, it's harmless and if it's what they want to do then just let them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I really don’t get all this hate towards @Spaz. I think he is right. Although there are plenty of similar threads like this so I kind of think it wasn’t necessary. I don’t really care about the leaderboards myself, as I see it as swimming against an uphill stream, I get surpassed all the time by people who stack the Ezpz games. I try to remain in the top 100 of my country, but it’s a matter of time before I drop out of it again, which wouldn’t bother me at all. I’m more impressed by which games people played, than their leaderboard ranking. So a shout out to the UR hunters, Although not my thing, very impressive!

Everyone for the most part in this thread aside from Spaz has been pretty thoughtful and optimistic in their posts.

Bottom line, I have no problem with Spaz personally. I don’t know him. However it is disappointing that I have never seen him say one positive or nice thing to anybody or about anything on this site.

Spaz, read the room. You are on a statistics based website posting about how you don’t like statistics. If you don’t like it here, leave.

• Like 2

On ‎17‎.‎03‎.‎2019 at 8:27 AM, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

World and Country's not enoughhhh! we need a State rank!!! Or a Town rank! Give me more statistics!! yeahhh baby.

My Wish is one Trophy List for all Plattforms. I meant one for Xbox, PS and Nintendo (Google etc.)

Edited by Sega-Ryudo
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Because he's coming here to announce that people shouldn't care about trophy leaderboards as if he's doing us all a favour by imparting his divine wisdom. It'd be different if he posted on a thread that already existed asking whether it's meaningful or not, but he's gone out of his way to make sure everybody knows what he thinks about this, unprovoked.

Quite frankly, I don't think many people care what he thinks. I'm not sure there was an audience of people waiting to hear this guy's opinion, so it didn't really warrant its own thread. Maybe if it was phrased in a different way it could've gone better, rather than him just stating some controversial thoughts and essentially fleeing the thread. But from what I've seen in this thread, he often posts negative opinions to try and rile up trophy hunters like this, so I guess it's going exactly as planned.

It just makes no sense to make a thread on a site that largely focuses on this thing and tell them all it's a waste of time. It'd be like going to a cooking forum and saying "Hey guys, you guys shouldn't really be baking cakes because I think you could be cooking something better with your time". Who cares? Nobody asked.

I see your point. But this is an open forum in which everyone should be able to say their opinion. I’ve been on this site for a long time, and yes, sometimes he could be a bit annoying but I still don’t understand the hate against him. I’ve seen more awfull threads, anyway, that’s just my point of view...

OP is about to quit trophy hunting so he probably said hmm let's trigger some people before i leave this place.

Personally, i don't care about the completion rate. If a certain game is impossible to plat but its fun then i'll still play it.

Edited by CrazyRap