Your ranking means nothing

AJ_Radio

I am not ranking up or playing because other people are better or anything else. I play games, it is fun and I love it. I do it all for myself. For my good feeling, stress relieving and else. This kind of negativity has no place among this great community who shares great passion and love for something simillar they dedicate well appreciated time of their day to do.

I ve met so many good people from different countries,part os th world, talked with them about life standard, struggles and everything, their perspect of view....this is what matters the most and should be most important socializing and enjoying while playing together.

Edited by Rakinho993
  • Like 2

I think ranks matter to most of the players in this forum. If you look at some profiles, you see a lot of commitment trying to get most of the trophies, even if they are Ultra rare. But if you check their latest games, they’re always filled with easy platinums, with cross platform and regions.

A friend of mine has 100 incredible platinums, but in the last 2 years, he’s been “playing” games while watching videos to obtain all trophies in few hours. In his case, I believe he wants to keep / Rise his rank, nobody spends hours in broken or not fun games to play. And those games sell very well because of that, that’s why there are more and more ESPZ platinums lately.

I do not care about leaderboards. The ranking may have been somewhat prestigious many years ago but not nowadays. You can get to over a hundred plats in like a week or two by multi stacking the cheapest trophy whore games, so having a really high leaderboard rank only says the following things about you: You started to hunt rather early, you have no problem throwing money away only for trophies, you have more time to play than most people, you have a very high tolerance for sitting through shit games and you most likely share your account with at least one other person. At least the people making shitty no value games for quick platinums can make a living out of it I guess.

• Like 3

I don't care about leader boards. I just like that little rush of dopamine when I hear that *ping* or that feeling of accomplishment when I get a platinum trophy. Seeing my stats increase gives me a sense of accomplishment while I'm gaming and shows myself a physical way to measure what I have accomplished as a gamer. I'm not a hardcore trophy hunter, I'll only go for the platinum if its relatively easy or it's within my abilities to get it without spending ages trying to get it. If the game takes a long time it will have to be something I truely enjoy and don't mind spending so much time in, like Person 5 and Dragon Age Origins (the next couple of plats I'm looking to achieve). 

Edited by silver_pigy

Leaderboards have never been my thing really. Sure, it’s nice to see where you stack against other people but only in a quick glance.

My goal is to just have some sort of “complete” profile! Not literally complete but complete to the point where I feel I’ve got a great diversity of what I’ve played. I’ve got some stacks sure but I really don’t see the big issue people have with them. You like what you like I guess.

its not entirely pointless to everyone though the ranking system. If it’s your goal then hats off to you. Do what you want, your life, money, time. I think it’s pointless to worry about other people’s ambitions. There’s too much negativity on this site at the minute and it’s all over pointless stuff. No one cares about anyone’s lists besides their own. It’s that simple. Just have a good time.

35 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

For me the ranking means nothing, seriously. I care about the amount of platinums and what games are on certain profiles.

Hear hear. The title of this thread is exactly the kind of negativity I despise. Objectively: sure, your rank is not really that significant in the scope of bigger-than-life things. But does it ever need to be?

I just enjoy playing good games, completing trophy lists and pushing myself to the limit and beyond. The higher rank is just a positive side effect of that. However, there is no point in bashing people for having fun leveling their rank. If that makes someone feel better after having a really rough time: let them. Games are - in the end - there to be enjoyed, after all.

• Like 2

All the stats and leaderboards are just a by-product of doing what I've loved for years. Fun to look at but they don't dictate how or what I choose to play.

I just like the side hustle of collecting trophies and the motivation to get more out of the games I play that they add.

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

The title will probably offend a few people who like to stack a lot of games. This is just my opinion. 

In my eyes, the leaderboards mean nothing. Your ranking means nothing. The only measures of the rankings are how long somebody plays every day and how long they’ve been hunting. 

I’m currently rank 7000 something and I didn’t even try to get to that ranking. I just play a lot of different games, although my pace has slowed down thanks to college studies and the overburden of work. 

I’ll make this brief. I don’t think many people care about their ranking, and that’s what matters because I played for rankings in the past and got burnt out on it. Fun and competing for rank don’t mix. 

The rankings equate to quantity over quality. It’s pointless, they mean nothing, and after playing for virtual achievements for many years I am considering quitting when I’m around 10,000 - 12,000 trophies. 

10,000 - 12,000 trophies with around 300 - 400 games can be admirable. Going for the high stage serves no purpose, it’s just extra padding. 

What do you all think?

If you don’t care about your ranking, then why post about it on a trophy ranking website?

• Like 1

it should be stated that currently I'm of the mindset that nothing in life really matters other than personal health and people...haha...

I agree that, to me personally, leaderboard rank is pretty meaningless...gaming, on the other hand, is something I'm pretty passionate about...i'm also am a big fan of the diverse community here and on the psn...i know you're no stranger to the forums so I have to wonder: over the years of being a member, has it not become apparent that we all play a wide assortment of games differently and achieve trophies (or not) for a variety of reasons?...having run an event here a while back which forced me to constantly check out other members' profiles I discovered what many people have likely known for a long time: everyone's profile is perfect in its own regards...

some people find meaning in their rank, others don't, therefore i'm going to have to agree to disagree on the thread title and suggest changing it to something along the lines of "how meaningful is leaderboard rank to you?"..."your rank means nothing" just seems a tad hostile...or was that your intention and that perhaps this thread was created as a sort of superiority complex type of deal?...can't deny that it's a pretty effective strategy in inciting opinion sharing which is probably why we see it often in forums like these...

• Like 2

Oh fuck yeah, another negative thread about something bad ©

I don't see you smiling on the avatar, but that doesn't mean you should complain or be negative all the time. Hearted comments say the truth - it's worth what you think it's worth. Someone likes to go up, someone doesn't care, someone will buy Ratalaika games to climb higher, someone is maybe dropping to set on the certain number for something. A little bit of positiveness won't hurt anyone. And i'm risking by saying that it's vice versa.

Edited by Varhur

guides, statistics it's all good. 

gaming keeps me sated through the day i'll be bored without it (minus the times when i get to spend time walking the dog) i do enjoy that too.

though i must aim for the top, wanting to hit that sub 1k league.

Edited by kingdrake2