5 Worst Games You've Ever Played for Trophies (or Achievements)

PhantomFear94

God of Warts (2018)

Pure trash from start to finish.

Bloodborne STI

Undiluted garbage from beginning to end.

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s Rear End

Concentrated rubbish from commencement to conclusion.

Horizon: Many Yawns

Complete detritus from open to close.

Marvel’s Spider-mangy

Incomparable waste from premier to finale.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FlatwellSequoia said:

I hear so many negative posts about Adam's Venture.  I think I may have purchased this, thinking, it looks like a poor version of Uncharted.  But is it that bad?  Would I regret even starting it?  Are the trophies easy/difficult/impossible to achieve?

I personally don't think its terrible. My god it was overpriced, though. £31.99 on Xbox before!

6 hours ago, FlatwellSequoia said:

I hear so many negative posts about Adam's Venture.  I think I may have purchased this, thinking, it looks like a poor version of Uncharted.  But is it that bad?  Would I regret even starting it?  Are the trophies easy/difficult/impossible to achieve?

Adam’s Venture is piss easy. 

It’s simply a very low budget game. People think it rips off Uncharted, but there are no combat sections. It doesn’t play that good and the controls could of been better. It’s a very easy platinum and it’s essentially a point and click type of game. 

I rented this game two summers ago and found it rather dull.

In no particular order:

1. Jet Set Radio - Never had a dreamcast as everything I wanted on it got ported to Gamecube or GBA. Don't have the nostalgia factor. Found it highly annoying and clunky to control.

2. Wanted Corp. - PS+ trash that crashes if you try to load the tutorial... Had other less major bugs too.

3. Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic - Also PS+ trash. There are no words to describe this.

4. Pain - There might be words to describe this, but I don't know what they are. Seriously what even is this game! :P

5. Draw Slasher - The most aggravating PS+ of all time. Does not control well and requires 100% touchscreen. The anti-dream for me.

Dis-Honorable mentions!

Gunhouse (Game loops after 30 stages but you have to do 300 for plat)

Journey (I don't get the appeal either)

Space Overlords (Many hours of loading screens in between not playing the game)

King Oddball (....................)

Gotta say the worst one for me is Shellshock 2: Blood Trails on the 360. Just an awful, awful game. 

As for trophies, Virginia and Little Adventure on the Prairie stand out. Even though Little Adventure was poorly designed at least it was over quickly and I actually enjoyed it more than Virgina which was just a slog from beginning to end. 

Edited by Killbomb

Here it goes in no particular order:

1.- Bioshock: Good story, good atmosphere BUT bad and clunky controls, difficult sections when connecting the pieces to make some parts of the enviroment to function (i am not very skilled on that and died frequently). Lost interest quickly.

2.- Dishonored: I know is an excellent stealth game. The problem is that stealth is not particularly my favorite genre and just having to make like 5 playthroughs to get all the trophies is like having vacations in hell.

3.- Knights "damnable" Contract: Nope, not even the witches could save this. NOT EVEN HARRY POTTER WITH VOLDEMORT AND ALL OF THE HOGWARTS SCHOOL AND DEATH EATERS COULD SAVE THIS. I got this because it was a hack'n slash game and i was on the mood of getting everything of the genre because of the impact God of War had in me. It definetely and utterly sucks. Horrible glitches, easy lost collectibles, hard-pattern and difficult bosses with quick unforgiving QTE's just at the start, Heidenreich and his SLOW healing process while Gretchen is "sitting ducks" there with aggressive enemies with the cherry on the top of having to do 6 more playthroughs (because some genius programming this thing considering the difficulty trophies not stackable) makes me want to puke. Maybe, if i even get some good doses of inner force, i will return to this garbage and force myself to get the platinium.

4.- Terminator Salvation: Boring story, horrible graphics, glitches, boring enemies and sequences, but hell, there are 11 gold and 1 platinum trophies there. Maybe returning to this when i borrow it again from my cousins.

5.- Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor: I got the itch one day of getting a "Lord of the Rings" game. Made the worst choice ever: Everything is good with the game except for two things: 1.- Long and grinding as hell. 2.- The requisites for getting some of the trophies are or confusing or difficult or very, very specific.

• Like 2

Ok so here's my 5.

FUEL

I just love any game you can drive cars in so I pretty much play them all. This game wasn't really hard to platinum but the game was buggy. If I remember correctly, this game was developed by one team and then later another team took over and was kinda rushed out the door from there. I loved the concept but it just seemed to lack a lot of content for having one of the largest game maps out there. It took 2 hours to drive from corner to corner and there were 2 separate trophies for that. I remember spending those 2 hours just for the game to crash when I had a few miles to go. I knew it was bad when the textures stop loading. It was just an ambitious project that just had too many errors but trekked on to get the platinum. 

Planet 51

After this game I just stopped playing movie based games. Yes I was going for easy trophies but the game overall was so boring and some of the tasks needed to get trophies were unnecessary grinds. Its been a while so I can't remember any main details but every time I look at that platinum I just get a bad taste in my mouth. 

WRC 6 & NHL 2K10

I bundled these 2 together because they both had 1 awful grinding trophy which just sucked the fun out of playing the game. In NHL 2K10 all you had to do was play 500 games. Its a sports game makes sense. But when you start to calculate how long it would take to get, you realize it's absurd. I tweaked the settings so from menu, to game and back to menu was just about 5 minutes. It takes 40hrs for this one trophy on these settings and that's not going after anything else. As for WRC 6, the devs wanted you to do 1,000 stages. After completing all single player campaign events you just finished just over 300 stages. You've already spent so much time to this point the quickest thing you could do to get the rest of the stages was finding the quickest stage and re-doing it over and over to get the 1,000. Oh and Multiplayer stages didn't count and you had to do 50 extra stages since they didn't count towards your overall total. MP was a separate stats list. Its just these types of trophies that are unnecessary and just make you wish you never put the disc in. I'm just one of those players that if I know I can get it, I'm going to be super stubborn and go after it when I could be playing something else. 

Deadliest Catch: Seas of Chaos

Yes another hit show based game and man was it terrible. I thought I could bite my lip and tough it out but the season system was confusing and when I thought I did good, I was near the end of the pack at the end of the season. The game just lack any tips or instructions and didn't have a Plat so I just said "I'm Done!" I just needed to stop playing ones I thought would be easy and I'm sure I may like. I loved the actual series but the game was far from it.

Battlezone

Was trying hard not to pick another movie/franchise based game but Battlezone at least for me was just too difficult to be fun. The demo was a blast, I know the user was in God mode and didn't take any damage was it was fun to use the tank and dodge oncoming shots. For some reason when I played the released version, even on easier difficulties, all enemies just seem to hit me every time. I could see they were shooting ahead of me if I was strafing so I tried to counter but I don't know. Maybe I didn't give it enough time, I haven't played it since and not sure if they may have updated it but then again, it might just be my lack of expertise on this style of game. To this point only 11 people have gotten the platinum so right on to those who got it. I'm sure the game is better if you played the missions in co-op and your just not the loan gunner on the battlefield. 

Edited by Animator22
Typos

1) Amnesia:

I thought I will give it a try because it was for free on PS+ ages ago. Moreover I heard from various sources that this game is a "horror classic".

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS WAS I DISAPPOINTED (!!!!!!!) the first time I started this game.

Even now after finishing the road to platinum it was one of the worst games I have ever played: Not scary at all, the "story" is complete BS for all 3 subgames,...

2) Tom Clancy´s Wildlands:

This was without doubt the most repetetive game ever and BORING af...

3) Dead Rising 2,Dead Rising 2 OTR & Dead Rising 4:

There are various things you have to do in coop (*cough* chasing a train with complete BS logic (your vehicle is slowly af and until you reach the train: Bluescreen *cough*)

This was just one example, you are getting blue screens permanently, infinite loading screens are also constantly showing up, these games are just glitchy/bugged as hell.

I would really love to know how this is fair in terms of releasing games that are glitched as hell, whereas somewhere else only the slightest mistake at work is a reason for someone´s boss to yell at somebody.

Guys, seriously:

Please stay away from these games if you love yourself!

In no particular order:

Bioshock- it has not aged well, at all. Bought it just because 10000 people told me it was a shame i haven't played it yet. I regret it.

Knack - oh, god, i wish I never started this game. A tremendous grindfest.

Oxenfree - Slow. i learned the hard way to stay away from indies. Never buying indie game ever again.

Hue - the same as Oxenfree, tried only because it was free, suffered till the end

A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV - again, tried it because it was free. It's just awful. If you are a FF fan it might work for you.

Wheels of Aurelia - boring indie. It will stay forever as my fastest platinum, because i will never play such a game again.

When i began trophy hunting i would play just any game.

Thanks to these games i learned to play and pay for only what i like. 

Edited by FarCentaurus
added wheels of aurelia 

None. If the day where I start playing games for trophies instead of the truly enjoying them comes, then I'll quit this hobby. Also there isn't no such thing as grind, if a game is a grind for you, why play it? Games should bring you joy, nothing less than that. Personaly I enjoy getting in-game completion rather than a 100% trophy list, but that is just me.

Edited by PhantomBlade19
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, PhantomBlade19 said:

None. If the day where I start playing games for trophies instead of the truly enjoying them comes, then I'll quit this hobby. Also there isn't no such thing as grind, if a game is a grind for you, why play it? Games should bring you joy, nothing less than that. Personaly I enjoy getting in-game completion rather than a 100% trophy list, but that is just me.

lol, there is such a thing as a grind. Don't be daft.

• Like 1

1. Fill-A-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure: Me and Casslyvania joked abvout how Phil was a demented wife-killer and buried his wife in various countries of the world and took photos of the locations. Do not play this game, the fill-a-pix puzzles are huge and painfully long. It took me months on an old account to complete them all. Never going back to that game again. :(
  2. Aab's Animals: Not on this account, but I played the Vita version and all you do to get the three trophies is just sit and watch a kitty on the screen for five minutes. What, man? At least show SOME effort in trophy lists!
  3. Super Kid Racing: Didn't even have a platinum trophy and all you have to do is collect a bunch of coins to get all the trophies. The controls stink. Worse than Aab's Animals because you have to unlock a track and then farm it for coins. Tried to race in other tracks and lost badly.
  4.  My Name Is Mayo: Stupid as hell and f'king boring. All you have to do is tap an icon on screen 1000 times and select story blocks to change the icon's appearance a few times so you can unlock other blocks. It's also set in a cheesy '50s art style and has some of the dumbest story blocks ever. At least I can now create my first murder mystery and title it "A Murder of Crows" now that I found out that's what a group of crows is called. xD
  5. Little Adventure on the Prairie: An abomination made from free assets and programmed like crap. The only way they got away with it is because it's only $2 and sold digitally and you get every trophy automatically by clearing all 12 stages, but two stages are brutally hard because of bad hit detection. Obviously the worst game I have ever played, and I only platinumed it because it was Platinum #13 and I am superstitious as f'k so I thought a bad game should be cursed with this number. ;)

On 3/25/2019 at 6:19 AM, Spaz said:

2. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

A walking simulator with an absolutely fucking atrocious trophy list. Leave your controller idle for one minute, stay on a certain swing for the same period, walk back and forth between a door, discover all the orange radios before doing anything else, find some pointless collectibles (Peeping Tom), moonwalk backwards, find all the back roads, etc etc etc.

Running speed was far too slow for how much you have to do. The game itself doesn't do a bad job as a walking simulator, but Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is one best left untouched or dropped once you earn that platinum.

I actually did platinum the game on three accounts but I don't think I'll touch it again. It's a nice gorgeous game but I would have liked two things added:

* A collectible tracker that lets you know that you've collected something. In one run I missed a map and book and had no idea where they were so I had to redo the entire game from scratch to get them.

* An option to increase your walking speed to tolerable levels. I tried the "R1 hold down"... and it only boosts your walk a bit after five seconds. Ludicrous. :(

• Like 1

• Orc Slayer - A miserable experience from start to finish.
  • Little Adventure On the Prairie - If I had to pick a #1 then this would probably be it. It's abysmal.
  • Albedo : Eyes From Outer Space - There was a good idea lurking within this one but the execution was terrible.
  • Magus - If you know, you know. Absolutely horrific.
  • Dying Reborn - I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone. Horrendously bad.

• 2 weeks later...

#5 Energy Cycle - where's the fun exactly?

#4 Burly Men at Sea - boring as hell. The fact that you needed 11 endings made it even more boring. 

#3 The Deadly Tower of Monsters - Repetitive. Bad sense of humor as I recall?

#2 My Name is Mayo - yeah clicking a jar of mayo 10,000 times is loads of fun.

#1 Little Adventure on The Prairie - probably the worst game I've played. The environment design seemed like it was copy-pasted every 2 meters. Shitty A.I. for an easier pronunciation of the game name, just call it shit.

Edited by W571WE
  • Like 1

Let's see.

Games that I managed to get the plat:

1: Bleach Soul Resurreccion, garbage with extremely repetitive content, only hooked me because of the series, and even then it didn't have all my favorite characters.

2: Nier Automata, said enough of this game, I'm happy that Taro, in his desperate quest to appear edgy and smart made the trophy shop at least.

3: Life is Strange, well at least it was free

4: Space Overlords, garbage that only made me continue for its difficulty, never again.

5: Onrush, you can clearly see the developers trying to cash in on Fortnite.

Games that I noped the hell out:

1: Fallout 4. Seriously, those cranky controls, ammo that always runs out, and those VATs trying to clitch the shitty gameplay? I was expecting Borderlands, but damn was I disappointed, no way I'm sticking around for a 100+ hours plat.

2: Mortal Kombat 9. Look, I'm too old for the my kung fu is stronger.

3: Lords of the Fallen. The hell is wrong with this game? Why do enemies 2 shot me and I only do 30 damage?

4: Dragon Age Inquisition. I'm tired of these open world games with collectibles, stop, just stop.

5: Diablo 3 I need to figure out if the game is hard because I play offline or what, it's quite a boring grind regardless.

Games that I might return later on. Might:

1: Bioshock Infinite, a fusion with Nier Automata for the story and Fallout 4 for the controls.

2: HZD. An interesting setting, but why did they add a rpg  mechanic? They clearly had no idea how it works.

3: GOW Ascension. Meh, it would be easier if it didn't cost me all those GBs.

4: Tom Clancy's The Division. Boring, grindy and enemy civilians have better accuracy than you, a trained agent yeah okay. I'm starting to see why people don't like live services between this, For Honor and Destiny.

5: Mass Effect 3, clunky controls again, and a third person shooter to boot.

Can’t say that they are “bad”, but these are games that I was expecting more, but I ended up giving up/not liking it so much. Most of them were just “that annoying trophy”. Other particular games where not my type, although after replaying them for trophies, I ended up liking them (like Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle).

Some of these games:

5) Telltale Games after Wolf Among Us. most of the Telltale became “you’re choices don’t matter that much” and I’d remember that in future projects. Game of Thrones was the worst: I felt asleep in most latest chapters and the story unfolded by its own, waking up to interect with something to set me free from prison. So it wasn’t that bad to platinum. Just, boring af.

How to Train your Dragon

Stories: Path of Destiny

Invizimals

Truck Racer

Dishonorable Mentions:

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture

Reality Fighters

RiME

Snoopy’s Grand Adventure

Must be mentioned:

Hotline Miami 2

Peggle 2