Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

21 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

Okay, we're now ready to start applying name changes/merging duplicate profiles. It's worked well in testing and tomorrow I'll test it on some profiles here.

If you're willing to be a guinea pig, reply with your old name and new name.

Also if anyone has changed their name (or knows someone that has) and doesn't have a profile for the new name on the site, PM me the names as an added test.

Ronie-Pato > Paul_Drive

3 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

It's enabled for all updates now. Easiest way to trigger a merge is update your new name and then your old one, you'll get an error saying it's been merged.

It's perfect, thank you so much!!

22 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

Okay, we're now ready to start applying name changes/merging duplicate profiles. It's worked well in testing and tomorrow I'll test it on some profiles here.

If you're willing to be a guinea pig, reply with your old name and new name.

Also if anyone has changed their name (or knows someone that has) and doesn't have a profile for the new name on the site, PM me the names as an added test.

Old Name : TheArsenal1414

New Name : MonsieurArsenal

Edit : I tried updating the old one and then the new one, hasn't worked yet but I'll try again in an hour

Edit 2 : IT WORKS!

Edited by Monsieur Arsenal

I'm glad to see this finally coming together as I've been holding off changing my name until it's fully compatible with PSNP (assuming I can think of a better one). Since guides don't link to the new name yet, I won't pull the trigger on it until that has been remedied. I'd appreciate it if you guys keep us updated on that. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

It's enabled for all updates now. Easiest way to trigger a merge is update your new name and then your old one, you'll get an error saying it's been merged.

YAY! Thank you! 

Nice to finally be back and running. Much appreciated. 

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

It's finally live! :awesome: I've added more detailed directions on the first page of this thread for how to manually merge your names. 

Also, as an added note: If you've made guides on the site, they won't pull over to your new name quite yet! Sly has to change guides to link to an account ID rather than the username and then that will sort itself out once he does that.

Awesome, thanks for the hard work, took a while but everything seems fine! Congratz! ??

Edited by MaIkavyan
formatting
  • Like 2