Indie Publishers You Love

Dark771

Of all the indie publishers, which one of them do you love best? Indie publishers like Team17, Devolver, Adult Swim, Digerati, Curve Digital, Plug In Digital, Ratalaika, Merge Games, SOEDESCO, HeadUp Games, Ripstone LTD, Rising Star Games and such. And which games they published do you like?

Edit: Before you comment, I should point out I am only talking about PUBLISHERS, not developers.

Here are a few examples for differences

Indie Publishers: Devolver, Digerati, Team17, Ratalaika Games, Curve Digital, tinyBuild

Indie Developers: Team Meat, SuperGiant Games, Vile Monarch, Psyonix

Edited by Dark771
Update

Ratalaika, of course!

But in all honesty, even I'm sick of their easy plats (I haven't played a Ratalaika game since they started their blitz). One I like that you didn't mention is WayForward. They publish the Shantae games, but also have published a lot of other retro-styled titles. Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom is a personal favorite, but I also enjoyed the Shadowgate-inspired Goosebumps: The Game.

I will buy anything Supergiant games sells, their games are excellent! And thatgamecompany has great games to relax with, so I'd probably buy anything from them too when I need something to chill with.

I hope Team Cherry stick around for a long time to come and make more quality games - Hollow Knight is one of the best indie games I've ever played (and also one of the best Metroidvanias) and I'm really looking forward to Silk Song (and hoping it releases on PS4, but I'll still play on PC if not).

And also Ghost Town Games (makers of Overcooked! and Overcooked! 2) are amazing - every game and DLC release they make is great in its own way, and I'm looking forward to the next two DLC episodes they release for some more kitchen madness!

EDIT: I just realised you said Publishers, I named Devs. So uh...Team 17 would be my go-to for new Indie games as most of their stuff is good quality. And Team Cherry self-publish so they still fit.

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:01 AM, DaikichiKawachi said:

Based on the quality of their previous output, I would buy anything, sight unseen, from Supergiant Games and Drinkbox Studios.

Yep Supergiant is easily my favorite,  really hope Hades comes to PS4 its not even a finished game and I already have like 75 hours into it.

I also love Motion twin even tho they have only made Deadcells so far,  they have been great devs giving free content and updates every couple of months.  I hope they make more games with  the success that came from Deadcells.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 4:33 AM, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Focus 1f914.png

I'm not saying this to be a total tool or anything like that, but I always wondered how they managed to stay in business. Either the games they publish are very cheap to make, or they have an infinite money cheat for Barclays Bank. Not a lot of success comes from them. Would you say the Sherlock games generate the most cash for them? Even Vampyr bombed... sadly. 

I don't really play a lot of indie games at all so don't know the publisher names, but whoever was behind 'Beholder' gets a round of applause from me. The game and presentation for it was superb. 

Curve Digital is the publisher of Beholder, and many other great indie titles. One of my favs.

Devolver Digital is another favorite. Love the fact that one year they didn't want to waste the absurd amount for an E3 booth and instead put a balloon in a parking lot. Great games too.

Adult Swim. Wouldn't have the great crazy games/shows without them.

3 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I'm not saying this to be a total tool or anything like that, but I always wondered how they managed to stay in business. Either the games they publish are very cheap to make, or they have an infinite money cheat for Barclays Bank. Not a lot of success comes from them. Would you say the Sherlock games generate the most cash for them? Even Vampyr bombed... sadly. 

I don't really play a lot of indie games at all so don't know the publisher names, but whoever was behind 'Beholder' gets a round of applause from me. The game and presentation for it was superb. 

Pretty sure they are doing well and Vampyr was a success.  Focus and Dontnod are gonna team up again to make something even bigger than Vampyr, hopefully the sequel cuz I loved the game.

4 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I think Divinity did quite well (it got a sequel, after all, which was published by Namco).

I think Focus does OK, actually.

Electronic Arts. Sure, they publish games with questionable quality and not everything works on day one, week one...month one...y-year one?... And granted, maybe their games are riddled with microtransactions but when you're four guys and a dog in a basement the quality control can't be superb everytime, and the cash gotta come in somehow.

11 Bit Studios is pretty good as well, I guess...

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 1:41 PM, SinisterPledge said:

Electronic Arts. Sure, they publish games with questionable quality and not everything works on day one, week one...month one...y-year one?... And granted, maybe their games are riddled with microtransactions but when you're four guys and a dog in a basement the quality control can't be superb everytime, and the cash gotta come in somehow.

11 Bit Studios is pretty good as well, I guess...

EA is a AAA publisher, so EA is NOT allowed.

And again, INDIE publishing labels only.

I dont know if they would be considered AAA, but Xseed is always a good bet.  If they are to big, the i'll go with devolver.  Almost all the games ive played of theirs are great.  Nicalis is pretty great as well.

Edited by jasondm300

36 minutes ago, Dark771 said:

EA is a AAA publisher, so EA is NOT allowed.

And again, INDIE publishing labels only.

Yikes. I hate to break it to you but I wasn't being serious. Try reading it again with a heavy dose of sarcasm in mind.

Also, 11 Bit Studios is an indie publisher.

Edited by SinisterPledge

Curve Digital have put out some solid material, but I gotta hand it to Devolver. The games they choose to publish are always quirky in just the right kind of way for me and are generally top notch, plus their E3 conferences are the main reason to watch anything related to E3 these days.