Looks like I am doomed Trophy thoughts

REAPER4536

It would be a crying shame if it wasn't 60 FPS on PS4 since the game is so damn old. 

Anyway, I really enjoyed Doom 3 back in the day so I'll pick this up and give the Plat a shot. 

Edited by Killbomb

For all german players:

If I remember right, then is Doom 3 RoE (only the AddOn) "indiziert", therefore Bethesda must do a new application for the usk (but I think they will not do it).

Sadly, the Doom 3 bfg edition includes the RoE AddOn, but is not "indiziert". Yeah, the german laws are sometimes silly, especially for games.

I think this is the reason, why Doom 3 is not released in the german store

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, T-100 said:

For all german players:

If I remember right, then is Doom 3 RoE (only the AddOn) "indiziert", therefore Bethesda must do a new application for the usk (but I think they will not do it).

Sadly, the Doom 3 bfg edition includes the RoE AddOn, but is not "indiziert". Yeah, the german laws are sometimes silly, especially for games.

soo bad .. :(

2 hours ago, T-100 said:

For all german players:

Didn't they choose the BFG Version and ported it to PS4/One? Was the Doom 3 BFG ever on digital store in Germany? I don't see it anymore but it is available on Amazon.de to be purchased... Well, seems like i need money on my UK or CA account soon :D

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Didn't they choose the BFG Version and ported it to PS4/One? Was the Doom 3 BFG ever on digital store in Germany? I don't see it anymore but it is available on Amazon.de to be purchased... Well, seems like i need money on my UK or CA account soon :D

In many regions the doom 3 bfg version (ps3) delisted on the store.

For the PS3 version, finishing the game on nightmare could be a pain sometimes due to the slow save/load mechanism. Does anyone know if this was fixed in this version? I'm thinking about platting this game again on PS4 but I'll pass if save/load is still slow.

1 hour ago, Pinselneo said:

In many regions the doom 3 bfg version (ps3) delisted on the store.

That's no answer to either of my questions. The BFG is visible on Amazon with 18+ Rating so if they chose this version, cut off the 3 games to sell them individually why is Doom 3 PS4 not on the german psn store? And was the BFG PS3 ever on the german store?

Edited by Evil_Joker88

7 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

That's no answer to either of my questions. The BFG is visible on Amazon with 18+ Rating so if they chose this version, cut off the 3 games to sell them individually why is Doom 3 PS4 not on the german psn store? And was the BFG PS3 ever on the german store?

1. I dont know. I heard that the german xbox store has doom 3 for xbox one lol.
2. Yes it was on the store but they delisted it (the last price was 20€).
You can see this because of the cache of google.

Edited by Pinselneo

18 hours ago, Pinselneo said:

1. I dont know. I heard that the german xbox store has doom 3 for xbox one lol.
2. Yes it was on the store but they delisted it (the last price was 20€).
You can see this because of the cache of google.

Thx so it's just a miracle Doom 3 isn't on PS4 now :( we probably never get to know it's this way...

23 hours ago, tnaires said:

For the PS3 version, finishing the game on nightmare could be a pain sometimes due to the slow save/load mechanism. Does anyone know if this was fixed in this version? I'm thinking about platting this game again on PS4 but I'll pass if save/load is still slow.

It is fixed now ☺️ takes only around 4/5 secondes now. Indeed on the ps3 the loading times were awefull. Give it a shot and you will have fun ?

Edited by riotshot83
Type error
  • Like 4

On 7/26/2019 at 1:46 PM, AsukaShikinamiSL said:

Seems like DOOM 1 and 2 will be a pain to finish under 2 hours (especially since I don't have much experience with either game). Especially running it on Nightmare will be a oof.
Glad that Doom 3 had all those MP stuff removed but its odd it was added onto Doom 1 and 2 lol.

I just finished DOOM 1 in just under an hour last night and that includes getting lost in a couple of the more obnoxious levels, (spawning vats, unholy cathedral, etc..) so it's not really that bad.  Just turn it down to I'm too young to die and ignore everything that isn't your objective.  You only have to do the original three episodes so you can get it done quick.

As for nightmare in co-op, the fact that you respawn when you die means it's tedious, but not hard.  The 8/10 the other poster claimed was way off.  That's like dark souls or Furi levels of difficulty and this doesn't even come close.

Doom 3 on the other hand, has a super obnoxious trophy list.  Running the game through on nightmare is a giant pain in the ass.  Doable, but annoying and time consuming.  I find the collectibles more annoying personally.  'Cuz that's just what I want to do in my doom game, root around in every corner for PDAs and audio logs.  Ugh.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AzureWrathHal said:

I just finished DOOM 1 in just under an hour last night and that includes getting lost in a couple of the more obnoxious levels, (spawning vats, unholy cathedral, etc..) so it's not really that bad.  Just turn it down to I'm too young to die and ignore everything that isn't your objective.  You only have to do the original three episodes so you can get it done quick.

As for nightmare in co-op, the fact that you respawn when you die means it's tedious, but not hard.  The 8/10 the other poster claimed was way off.  That's like dark souls or Furi levels of difficulty and this doesn't even come close.

Doom 3 on the other hand, has a super obnoxious trophy list.  Running the game through on nightmare is a giant pain in the ass.  Doable, but annoying and time consuming.  I find the collectibles more annoying personally.  'Cuz that's just what I want to do in my doom game, root around in every corner for PDAs and audio logs.  Ugh.

Ah that would make sesne. Didn't even think of putting it on the easiest difficulty.
Gotcha, I'll do Nightmare co-op when I feel like it, not looking forward to it. Same with Doom 3

On 27/7/2019 at 3:37 PM, tnaires said:

Just playing right now. I can confirm that Doom and Doom II have a great SAVE SYSTEM. It only takes 2 seconds to load/save...so, perfect.

The three games doesn't have any online trophies at all, only local multiplayer trophies.

Doom only got 2 difficult trophies, the rest is pretty easy. The two trophies are:

-Beating the game in 2 hours limit
-Beating the game CO-OP on NIGHTMARE difficulty

That's it. The rest is peace of cake. For Doom II I have to do a little more research. I'm playing the three games just in case someone asks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 0:21 PM, AzureWrathHal said:

That's likely because the fourth episode was not added until late 1995, which by then DOOM II was already out and id Software was working on Quake. It's not part of the original DOOM.

Much like the Master Levels in DOOM 2. You only have to do the speedrun for the first three episodes of DOOM 1 and the regular levels of DOOM 2.

On 7/28/2019 at 0:21 PM, AzureWrathHal said:

Dark Souls is far below a 8 out of 10 in difficulty. It just has an extremely high learning curve. Furi is definitely deserving of 8 out of 10 because of the boss patterns and the fact that it's so easy to slip up.

DOOM 2 I hear is quite difficult on Nightmare, due to the bigger map sizes and the new enemies posing a serious problem (Revenants, Arch-Viles, Mancubus).

On 7/28/2019 at 2:21 PM, AzureWrathHal said:

Did you get to map 17 24 and 29 yet? Once you play map 29 i feel you will change your mind. imo The coop doom 2 trophy is the hardest trophy requirement for any ps doom games .