worst post game grind ever

giphy.gif
Getting that off your chest?

The grind is not that bad, was talking about it with a mate yesterday and only rank 1-3 mastery is bad after that you one shot basically everything even on harder difficulties.

There is way worse grinds out there this would rank at the bottom 100 list. (maybe not even on a list)

Some of it feels like they had Microtransactions in mind when making it MAYBE but tons of developers over value their products and think we are supposed to be playing

said products for more then what is reasonable. WY is a good game and nothing in it indicates that Wolfenstein III will be bad from it.

"live-service" games just have horrible trophies, that's how things are now. Blame the CEO's and Shareholders not the creativity. =)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

repeating the same mission structure and shooting bullet sponges is not creativity. lol its lazy game design. not sure if we played the same game.

if anything, young blood is an indicator of the path machinegames is taking. how can you go from a spin off title like old blood...to this...?

im special.

actually let me clarify: i went into kingdom hearts com and bbs full well knowing the grind beforehand. i didnt go into young blood, a first person shooter expecting grinding for 30 hours.

"Repeating mission structure" & "Shooting bullet sponges" is the norm, where have you been the last 15 years? Destiny, Division, Far Cry, Battlefield, Anthem I mean the list is endless-.also if you wanna be technical about it, any shooter game made in the past 30 years that had a boss fight, well that's technically a bullet sponge.

This game did not have That much of the bullet sponge, use the correct weapon against the proper enemy and its a not an issue but shooting a heavy with a non mastery pistol is silly.

I did not experience anything that was a repeating mission structure in this game so far, besides the side objectives "Arm a Car, save hostages" that occur once in a while per region.

None of the Brother areas was the same and neither was the zeppelin or the final parts of it.

What I think happens with WY is that people play it on easier difficulty without friends and it's a drag, well duh.

Playing this game on the hardest setting with a friend, not caring about the crap complaint with grind it was great fun! the Story was okay and the characters was fine. Enjoy B.J Way more but meh I'm super in love with Old Blood, New Order though :)

Edited by NightRusticDawn
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

why are you comparing young blood to live services like anthem, destiny etc? they have literally nothing in common. 

so doing brother 1-3 is not repeating mission structure? same objective no? you climb all the way up to each tower to hack the computer no?

theres also a vast difference between an enemy taking a few hits before they die versus hiding behind an artificial wall of concrete that requires you to use up an entire magazine or two before they go down... a regular enemy, not a boss.

its fine if you enjoy young blood, but i dont understand why youre trying to defend its flaws. 

WY Is a Live service game.

Brother 1-3 had different level design, story. They followed more the pattern of a Zelda dungeon where you obtained X Item to open up X area and use X item for the glowing weak spot.

I only remember one segment where you climb a tower, that was Brother 2 I think. The other was a Lab that was like a maze, a factory setting with bridges you had to make for yourself with explosives and I think Brother 1 was pretty linear. I don't think we experienced the same thing ;P

I don't what it means with the definition you make about bullet sponges, that applies to any game out there honestly. Division felt way worse then this.

If you used up two full mags either you built the gun wrong for the thing you where using it for Or you used it against the wrong armor type.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Worse than Diablo 3? That's hard to believe. Thanks for letting me know to avoid this one though.

youre honestly not missing out on anything. the previous wolfenstein games are worth it though. this is the weakest entry by far.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 1

Can't agree more, this is just making us endlessly play the same levels over and over again and each time making us hate the game more and more. Well for me anyway.  It's not as if there is even a point to replaying the levels, it's purely there to grind out a trophy list. A non-trophy hunter wouldn't bother would they?

Like TheScorpi0411 said I think this would've improved massively with a wave mode of some sort.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Silencer0004 said:

Rayman Legends has one of the worst post game grinds. The game alone is a 9/10 or even 10/10. But the plat is one of the worst gaming experiences I ever had (or rather have as I have to grind for another month).

At least in Rayman you had the grind segmented into parts, you couldn't just sit 8 hours farming points, you had to wait for the challenge to be over, get the points, then participate in another challenge. Long grind indeed, but limited to 20-30 minutes daily, I wasn't burned out from that.

1 hour ago, Silencer0004 said:

Rayman Legends has one of the worst post game grinds. The game alone is a 9/10 or even 10/10. But the plat is one of the worst gaming experiences I ever had (or rather have as I have to grind for another month).

I loved Rayman legions. The online section took me a long time (by design) but by the end I was getting the top trophies frequently with only a few minutes played a day. One of the rare games where I found my skill actually improved rather than just completing a grind for a trophy.

oh i agree. this grind is terrible especially as ammo is super stingy and its not like headshots really help much on most things even at level 34 with 68% bonus damage on a gun upgraded to do more damage on headshots still can take a whole mag to drop some of armored guys even if the gun matches what they are weak too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Radford999 said:

Put it this way, i’d much rather grind out this than go through the sheer boredom of RDR2 Online grind and GT Sport XP grind. 

This is pretty much what I was going to say.

It's definitely not the worst but it's still shit.

Someone here suggested a survival mode. That would be great. Though you would never get a job at Bethesda with those whacky ideas. ?

The grind is either due to the developers thinking their game was so good people would play it forever or what I suspect is that there was content cut from the game and will slowly be released over time.

Edited by reiner-
  • Like 1