Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

Walt the Dog

Thanks for the heads up, I'll add a note about it in the guide.

As for people who want to get the plat, I strongly recommend to get the flags out of the way and do as much leveling up as you can. You get one flag at the start and another one when reaching mercenary rank S, so you need to obtain 18 more. Leveling up without online wars is a huge pain and I estimate it'll add another 100 hours. I'd also like to clarify that online wars aren't player vs player, it's you vs A.I. controlled characters from other players, so it's not possible to boost. If you start now and play a few battles in the online war each day and talk to the guard in the plaza of your contracted nation every day, you should be able to obtain at least 18 flags.

17 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

If I (or anyone) begin playing this game now, can the trophy for flags be knocked out early via online boosting, or is it something only obtainable later in the game?

You can't boost in the game, since it's not actually pvp. See the paragraph above.

17 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

Thanks for the mention of this. Seems like the guide writer might also hint at a bug ?

" Flags can be accumulated in many ways. They can very rarely be found as Quest rewards. They even turn up during Infiltration-type Quests in Treasure Chests. They can occasionally be found as part of post-combat rewards during online wars. The most reliable way of obtaining one is by forming a contract with any of the 4 nations and talking to the civilians and soldiers in the Town Square of a Capital City. This will net you one flag per day. However, it's been reported that this last method doesn't seem to work every time. If that applies to you, then the best way to obtain flags would be to fight battles in online wars. "

The sudden jump of "well if this does not work, then play online"  eh.  maybe @acasser@Dragon-Archon can clarify?

The game mentions somehwere that you can obtain flags from quests and as quest rewards, but I never got mine from those. I did get lots of flags (1 each day) by talking to the guard of a contracted nation after participating in online wars, but someone mentioned that method didn't work for them. Therefore, winning flags during online war battles is mentioned as the best method to obtain them, though this heavily depends on RNG. I hope this clarifies it.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I didn't even know this game had online servers. I'll probably be buying the DLC/microtransaction flags when I get around to this since 2 weeks is not enough notice for me.

Any word on the servers for Natural Doctrine? I need to do those asap. 

I was thinking about Natural Doctrine too but I think that game is actually just direct PSN peer to peer, because you can actually play against yourself on two different consoles, which means there's likely no online service being accessed. Grand Kingdom is different because it has asynchronic multiplayer where you're fighting against other people's units stored on a server.

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll add a note about it in the guide.

As for people who want to get the plat, I strongly recommend to get the flags out of the way and do as much leveling up as you can. You get one flag at the start and another one when reaching mercenary rank S, so you need to obtain 18 more. Leveling up without online wars is a huge pain and I estimate it'll add another 100 hours. I'd also like to clarify that online wars aren't player vs player, it's you vs A.I. controlled characters from other players, so it's not possible to boost. If you start now and play a few battles in the online war each day and talk to the guard in the plaza of your contracted nation every day, you should be able to obtain at least 18 flags.

You can't boost in the game, since it's not actually pvp. See the paragraph above.

The game mentions somehwere that you can obtain flags from quests and as quest rewards, but I never got mine from those. I did get lots of flags (1 each day) by talking to the guard of a contracted nation after participating in online wars, but someone mentioned that method didn't work for them. Therefore, winning flags during online war battles is mentioned as the best method to obtain them, though this heavily depends on RNG. I hope this clarifies it.

Just for clarification do you mean 1 day in real life or 1 game day?

Guess I'll start this tonight, it's been on the backlog for a while and try and knock out this trophy at least

So, the 1st flag counts too? 

Then I already have 13 (bought the 10 flag bundle, since it's just 7€, instead of 1€ each), and got 1 from my current kingdom leader reward and another from a town resident from the same kingdom. 

I still have no clue how to actually go about lvl up and powerlevel.. 

I'm mainly using a Mage, Warrior (field exp skill), Cleric and Rogue (leader, some HP recovery passive). 

Later I found a Blacksmith and Dark Knight (I think, female with huge mace/hammer, and guy dual welding swords), but haven't been able to lvl them yet.. 

I'm also always short on money to buy gear (I saw some stuff that looks like that it's only use is to sell, but I'm not sure what is safe to sell, so I'm keeping everything..).

I also tried a War, but was being really hard to finish it with all my best units and the best 2 that I could hire alive..

Currently I'm just lvl9 with those 4 units and have hired 4 others that are lvl1. 

2 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Just for clarification do you mean 1 day in real life or 1 game day?

Guess I'll start this tonight, it's been on the backlog for a while and try and knock out this trophy at least

1 real day: an online war lasts 23 hours followed by 1 hour grace period before the new war and war effects start.

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

So, the 1st flag counts too? 

Then I already have 13 (bought the 10 flag bundle, since it's just 7€, instead of 1€ each), and got 1 from my current kingdom leader reward and another from a town resident from the same kingdom. 

I still have no clue how to actually go about lvl up and powerlevel.. 

I'm mainly using a Mage, Warrior (field exp skill), Cleric and Rogue (leader, some HP recovery passive). 

Later I found a Blacksmith and Dark Knight (I think, female with huge mace/hammer, and guy dual welding swords), but haven't been able to lvl them yet.. 

I'm also always short on money to buy gear (I saw some stuff that looks like that it's only use is to sell, but I'm not sure what is safe to sell, so I'm keeping everything..).

I also tried a War, but was being really hard to finish it with all my best units and the best 2 that I could hire alive..

Currently I'm just lvl9 with those 4 units and have hired 4 others that are lvl1. 

Yeah, the first flag counts. Just play online wars and use field skills for 300% exp gains.

• Like 1

im not too worried about platting this over having fun

but yeah i was planning to play this game in the winter lol, so a little surprised at randomly noticing this announcement 

ive only had a quick glance at the trophy guide and i havent touched this yet so i dunno

this supposedly hardcore leveling grind without the online wars i could deal with bc it wont become unobtainable anyway

but im worried about this flag thing and how rng it supposedly is without online wars - but then i read elsewhere that you get like 1 flag a day just talking to npcs or something, is that an online thing too? not sure, anyone can confirm?

if so then i might want to start this game next week really quickly just for the flags and then set it aside for winter, so i could get 10 flags ingame and then just buy the dlc ones if needed at the end

if not then you know, sucks but im already playing like 7 games right now

Edited by MeteoraXV

The other thing about the online is being able to buy good help which makes things easier as well. 

I know there is one trophy that if you buy @Dragon-Archon 's character (it is in the guide) then you can earn it without leveling up that character yourself.

Frankly I shouldn't be telling anyone any of this as I do eventually want to plat the Ultra Rare Alphabet and Grand Kingdom is my G Ultra Rare plat and I don't want people boosting up the rarity :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Frankly I shouldn't be telling anyone any of this as I do eventually want to plat the Ultra Rare Alphabet and Grand Kingdom is my G Ultra Rare plat and I don't want people boosting up the rarity :P

It's got 47k owners and it's stuck in low 1%, so it's not gonna stop being UR at this point. :P

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Units are based on Class (fighter, magician, archer etc). I remember finding a post where someone wrote down some patterns, so you will know what your unit will learn later on.For example, if your fighter learns X move on level 10, Y move on level 15 and Z move on level 25, then on level 52 he will learn A move. Now, if you were looking for a fighter that learns B move on level 52, you could stop leveling him if he had the pattern i just wrote.

Still i advise you to start now, the platinum time isn't 100 hours atm.

It's most like 50-60 hours plus learning the skill Short Sights which is like the treasures in Uncharted 3.

I believe that the plat time will be over 150+ hours offline just because you lose the easy exp method

Might give me something to grind then next weekend while I'm off. 

Thanks again. 

Edited by Lord_Bane999

12 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

If you start now and play a few battles in the online war each day and talk to the guard in the plaza of your contracted nation every day, you should be able to obtain at least 18 flags.

But Ni No Kuni Remastered is out in a few days!  I wanted to dedicate all of my gaming time to that.  Why does life have to be full of difficult decisions?  (First world problems, I know.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

The other thing about the online is being able to buy good help which makes things easier as well. 

I know there is one trophy that if you buy @Dragon-Archon 's character (it is in the guide) then you can earn it without leveling up that character yourself.

Unless I’m blind I don’t see anything in the guide about buying dragons character, where is it at?

Not sure if I'm just being dumb here, but I've spent the evening fighting in the online wars and I've not got one flag from enemy units.  Half the time as well the enemy is using just the basic flag anyway.  So, how do you actually get the flags here?

It doesn't really seem that great for experience either so far, even with the boosts you can get

So while this might not be everyone's ideal thing to pay to bypass possible grind. I noticed on the NA psn store there is a discounted bundle of all 10 purchaseable squad flags. $7 versus $10 individually.

Its upto personal opinion on the money versus time front if this is worth it to anyone.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

Anybody able and willing to write a short quick guide as to what to do to make the most of the remaining days if one is to start the game now? Like can i start those online wars right away? Do i have to reach a certain point in the story, or some level? Do i need a strong unit to get those flags? Or do i need leveled up heroes? Do i need to win battles/wars, or just participate? Also as far as i know this game is cross buy between VITA an PS4, right? Is it cross save too? 

Thanks! 

• Like 2

So I started the game and I managed to get two flags so far (other than the starter one and the 10 DLC ones. Yes, well played NISA. You deserve my six euros.)

I got one flag from just beating a random squad in a war, it just appeared in the loot window after the battle. The other one I got from that old guy in my capital, who appeared there on the second war day after the first day's cease fire. I did also win 10 battles to qualify for a reward in one zone so that might have helped with it.

• Like 1