No Multiplayer Mode Faction - The Last Of Us Part 2

DarkLordSHTR

43 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

The world has “inherent truths” everywhere, the fact that you haven’t heard that is surprising.

It definitely can.

Good writing is good writing, no matter what is said to the opposite.

What’s good writing to you personally may be bad writing to someone else. It’s not that complicated.

13 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol you’re asking me to back something up that’s essentially impossible. Gatekeeping isn’t all bad.

Lol honestly this conversation has gotten boring to me at this point. Gatekeeping isn’t a bad thing.

Look at these two responses. We are giving you well written responses, and you answer in a sentence saying gate keeping isn't bad. Maybe it's getting boring because you're not engaging enough and you refuse to answer our questions. We just want to know how is saying an art piece good not an opinion and they saying someone elses opinion wrong can be taken as truth. I'm willing to have my mind changed.

Wait I just realized that you switched from inherent truth to logical truth. So now you're saying good and bad are logical truths? Now you've gone from difference of opinion to completely wrong.

Edited by BestUsername----

7 minutes ago, MythRaider1994 said:

What’s good writing to you personally may be bad writing to someone else. It’s not that complicated.

You should be capable of seperating what is considered good or bad writing from your personal tastes or opinion. 

It is not a 100% subjective matter. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Look at these two responses. We are giving you well written responses, and you answer in a sentence saying gate keeping isn't bad. Maybe it's getting boring because you're not engaging enough and you refuse to answer our questions. We just want to know how is saying an art piece good not an opinion and they saying someone elses opinion wrong can be taken as truth. I'm willing to have my mind changed.

I haven’t said that at all, there are objective qualities that make something of good quality, you can like or dislike something but I think there’s a certain value to these things, despite opinions.

5 minutes ago, MythRaider1994 said:

There’s also standards in writing that supposed to be more definitive.

1 minute ago, TJ_Solo said:

You should be capable of seperating what is considered good or bad writing from your personal tastes or opinion. 

That’s kind of what I’ve been trying to say.

9 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I haven’t said that at all, there are objective qualities that make something of good quality, you can like or dislike something but I think there’s a certain value to these things, despite opinions.

There’s also standards in writing that supposed to be more definitive.

That’s kind of what I’ve been trying to say.

"The quality of the writing is Last Of Us is Undeniably great. Doesn’t mean you have to like it but you’d be denying inherent truths,"
"it’s just something that’s true despite your opinion of it."
"Good writing is good writing, no matter what is said to the opposite."

All your words, tell me how this can't be taken as an opinion is fact and yours is wrong?

Also standards can't be definitive? A person creating an art piece may have higher standards than someone viewing it and vice versa.

Lastly, what @TJ_Solo is saying is not what you've been trying to say. How can you say that that's what you've been trying to say when this whole argument started with you saying that someones personal tastes and opinion is "crazy" and "troll"? 

Also, please explain what you mean by "there are objective qualities that make something of good quality"

4 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

"The quality of the writing is Last Of Us is Undeniably great. Doesn’t mean you have to like it but you’d be denying inherent truths,"
"it’s just something that’s true despite your opinion of it."
"Good writing is good writing, no matter what is said to the opposite."

All your words, tell me how this can't be taken as an opinion is fact and yours is wrong?

Also standards can't be definitive? A person creating an art piece may have higher standards than someone viewing it and vice versa.

Lastly, what @TJ_Solo is saying is not what you've been trying to say. How can you say that that's what you've been trying to say when this whole argument started with you saying that someones personal tastes and opinion is "crazy" and "troll"? 

Also, please explain what you mean by "there are objective qualities that make something of good quality"

Are you trying to humiliate me or something? I’ve already told you, but you don’t seem to get it. Yes he said it’s not 100% subjective matter, thats what I am saying.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

9 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Are you trying to humiliate me or something? I’ve already told you, but you don’t seem to get it.

I am in no way calling you dumb or anything like that. Like I said I'm willing to answer all of your questions and have my opinion changed. But you don't seem to be extending the curtesy. I asked multiple questions each with a chance to help your case. What do you do? Answer with one sentence followed by don't you get it. No, I don't get it so please answer my questions and I may understand.

If you don't get it, answering a questions with a question not pertaining to the question, and then following you don't get it. Doesn't help anyone.

I read the wrong response so I did make a mistake on that one. But the thing is personal taste is what dictates what you consider good and bad especially in art. So it is 100% subjective. The point I've made in the past is that good and bad, like morals, aren't absolute. Just like personal taste. So separating the 2 doesn't make any sense. 

Games should seperate their SP and MP more often. Crackdown 3 did so on XB1 (game was an utter pile of shit, but its a good idea to do this). Means that trophy hunters can explore either/or/both based on their tastes, be rewarded double even if they so wish. 

Personally, TLOU is one of the most defining SP experiences of my life, and if taking that to the next level means exclusively tackling the story, then so be it. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I am in no way calling you dumb or anything like that. Like I said I'm willing to answer all of your questions and have my opinion changed. But you don't seem to be extending the curtesy. I asked multiple questions each with a chance to help your case. What do you do? Answer with one sentence followed by don't you get it. No, I don't get it so please answer my questions and I may understand.

If you don't get it, answering a questions with a question not pertaining to the question, and then following you don't get it. Doesn't help anyone.

Then how do you want me to respond cause I’ve already stated that there are inherent truths and standards when it comes to the quality of a work, and you want me to prove it when I have no idea how you’d prove that, beyond just saying it.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

3 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Then how do you want me to respond cause I’ve already stated that there are inherent truths and standards when it comes to the quality of a work, and you want me to prove it when I have no idea how you’d prove, beyond just saying it.

I've asked multiple questions to help you prove it but you won't answer them go back reread my statements and answer them. I want you to respond whatever way you want to. 

Let's start with this, how can there be truths in artwork? And secondly, what is the common standard that everyone in the world shares? And how can you separate personal taste and what can be considered good and bad? You haven't answered those. If you want to direct message so we aren't cluttering this forum be my guest.

On 27/09/2019 at 11:06 PM, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol seriously? You can’t be serious? One of the best stories in a game ever and you call it generic. Uh no, It’s interesting because Joel made a selfish decision, instead of being the hero and sacrificing someone he loves. Clearly you just don’t get it. How did you hate Ellie? My god you have to be trolling. Lol it’s not a “zombie game” for one. It’s about surviving in a world like this, of course you’re gonna be fighting bandits, the infected aren’t gonna be the only threat. What a joke your whole argument is.

Bro why are you so intent on shoveling your opinion down everyone's throat? That persons argument was perfectly legit because it is THEIR OPINION, something you can't seem to grasp. There is no right and wrong. If that person thinks the game is generic, boring, poorly written or anything else along with that then they are entitled to do so. Why are you getting offended that some people dislike the game and/or story? Just let it be. You will never change their mind about it especially when you're taking the high road and stating everything you write as fact and claiming everyone's opinions as wrong or trolling.

I think TLoU is one of the GOAT games, personally my tied favourite, but the way your acting is just making me cringe. You're giving fans of the game a bad name to boot because now some people here might have the impression that all fans of TLoU are crazed nutters who disregard people's opinions at every opportunity. Not to mention this thread has now been derailed for like 3 pages at this point because of you so please just let it rest.

To stay on topic I would still prefer to see a MP mode added to the game but I would be happy with a standalone too. The original MP was insanely fun and I'm not a huge MP guy. I would love more of the same

• Like 2

I didn't have a chance to read everything past the first page, but my only comment is in regards to the OP, if true...

If the faction MP really is removed from TLOU2, I'm all for it.  I personally LOVED the faction MP in the first game.  I'm not very good at competitive online games, whether it be squad/group-based, TDM, DM/FFA, BR, etc... and usually find myself frustrated.  I can't run and gun, I don't have the reaction time or aim precision these days.  Which is why I loved factions, you have to be patient, sneaky, and more resourceful.  You can't just throw 100 bullets at it while bunny-hopping around the map. The only other online experience I liked as much as TLOU factions was ME3 coop, which was PvE, not PvP.  On top of this, I'm just not a fan of most online experiences.  Playing with other people is a mixed bag, and while some communities are better than others, I've always managed to find at least one match per day in every game I've played with the mic'd up racist yelling the N-word for no conceivable reason (is there ever a conceivable one to begin with? [no]).  I get so sick of the toxicity in online games, that even though I LOVED the faction MP for the gaming experience, I simply dread playing online most of the time these days because of the other players.  Furthermore, if NDs reason for not doing it is to focus more on the quality of the SP story, even better!  The story from the first game was one of my all-time favorite gaming experiences.  So if they are trying to throw every resource they have at the story for this game, again, I'm all for it.

So yeah, tl:dr - loved factions the first time, and to some degree am sad to see it go, but I am 100% fully in support of them ditching it and focusing more on the SP experience.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

The fact you're shoving your opinions down our throats while not respecting ours makes you look like the ignorant one, but hey who am I to say anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not forcing anything, I enjoyed the game but am at an age where Final Fantasy sevens story meant something to me back in the day. Imo it's a beautiful game for it's time but I found the story pretty stupid. Don't get so upset about other peoples opinions, I'm on this thread because I will play this when it's out, That's not to say I won't want to set fire to the main characters like the last game. And let's face it, no-one likes MP trophies including myself though I love playing MP.

6 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Not forcing anything, I enjoyed the game but am at an age where Final Fantasy sevens story meant something to me back in the day. Imo it's a beautiful game for it's time but I found the story pretty stupid. Don't get so upset about other peoples opinions, I'm on this thread because I will play this when it's out, That's not to say I won't want to set fire to the main characters like the last game. And let's face it, no-one likes MP trophies including myself though I love playing MP.

I don't mind them if the mode is fun

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

I don't mind them if the mode is fun

Same here, It's just the MP trophies if the online isn't that great. Particularly the time consuming ones, but we'll see I guess. Hopefully this game is as visually beautiful as the last one.

On 13/11/2019 at 4:29 PM, TJ_Solo said:

I didn’t say it was. But the user in question seemed to be asserting their opinion as fact, which was the basis for my comment.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:29 AM, TJ_Solo said:

Black is white, up is down, and I agree with TJ Solo.

I don't like Marcel Proust. I find Remembrance of Things Past to be might, mighty boring. But Marcel Proust is absolutely one of the greatest and most influential writers of all time. My opinion of him does not change that (incidentally, neither does my wife's, for whom he is the greatest writer that she's ever read). He is a fine writer, regardless of my feeling on his work. That is not opinion.

Does TLoU rise to that level? No idea, but it is certainly possible for the quality of writing to be an objectively great thing.

8 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Black is white, up is down, and I agree with TJ Solo.

I don't like Marcel Proust. I find Remembrance of Things Past to be might, mighty boring. But Marcel Proust is absolutely one of the greatest and most influential writers of all time. My opinion of him does not change that (incidentally, neither does my wife's, for whom he is the greatest writer that she's ever read). He is a fine writer, regardless of my feeling on his work. That is not opinion.

Does TLoU rise to that level? No idea, but it is certainly possible for the quality of writing to be an objectively great thing.

I disagree, black and white is relative to the person. What you pertain to morally right may not be for me.

While I do respect your opinion, I would also disagree with you on your second topic. You can't separate personal opinion and what is good and bad. What is good to you comes from a personal level and vice versa. Regarding Marcel Proust, it's just like a singer. You may love their work, but you may not like one song. That doesn't mean that the song is good or bad or all of their work is good or bad. It just means personally you don't see it as good. Just like how someone may seem The Last of Us writing not as good as Uncharted. Plus, can we stop using the word subjectively and objectively incorrectly. It's an opinion (subjective) that The Last of Us has good writing, not a immediate 1 and 0 fact (objective).

Just now, BestUsername---- said:

You can't separate personal opinion and what is good and bad. What is good to you comes from a personal level and vice versa. 

It's a race to the bottom with this viewpoint. I like Stephen King better than Marcel Proust. I can differentiate that opinion from the objective fact that Marcel Proust is a better writer than Stephen King. 

I know people love their, "I am the center of all things!" viewpoints nowadays, but this is a level of solipsism that is staggering to me. What a race to the bottom.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's a race to the bottom with this viewpoint. I like Stephen King better than Marcel Proust. I can differentiate that opinion from the objective fact that Marcel Proust is a better writer than Stephen King. 

I know people love their, "I am the center of all things!" viewpoints nowadays, but this is a level of solipsism that is staggering to me. What a race to the bottom.

I did not mean to make that post about me, if that is what you believe. I was just pointing out black may be white for others, or grey for another. While I see what you are saying that you yourself for a fact believe that TLoU has good writing. It doesn't make sense to separate personal beliefs as an absolute rule. 

Can I ask also, where in any of my points have I made my post strictly about me and how my viewpoint is the only one correct? Not sarcasm actual want to take the time to learn the language and not come off as a self titled intellectual.

Actually if you believe that I have a self- centered view because of my belief of morality and viewpoints come from a personnel level. That doesn't make sense. I understand that your personnel views and my personnel views are different. I also understand that no one point is valid or invalid. Take for example the numerous opinions on this thread alone. No one is true, and no one is false.

Ok, well I guess that's how forums still are nowadays. Call someone self centered based on them disagreeing. Forgive me if I thought we can have a collected conversation.

I have faith that there will be multiplayer, at least I hope they do. It is definitely in my top 3 for most enjoyable multiplayer experiences. Bioshock 2 is also on that list (though irrelevant to this post)

even if its not available at launch, maybe they will pull a rockstar/rdr2 on us

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...