List of potentially problematic/erratic servers and online features

EdinhoN

Rayman Legends (PS4) is running on Ubisoft infrastructure ofc..
So there's been 2 things that happened:

• A few weeks back my save got wiped, just launched me into the new game tutorial. Thankfully restoring my cloud save resolved this issue!
  • Yesterday, I did the daily challenges needed for the grindy XP-related trophy. Today I log on and it's as if the servers forgot that I was in yesterday and did the challenges..
    I was not awarded with gold/silver cups, and looking through the daily challenge history my last registered event was from 2 days ago, the one I did yesterday (1 day ago) is just gone..

Hurry up before the servers just cave in!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update for Medal of Honor Warfighter, the trophy is fixed and obtainable now. You can currently 100% the whole game, some people say EA brought the servers back online, I think it was pure luck. I suggest keeping it on the list, just change the description of it.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 1:48 AM, ryuji_sakujo said:

Rayman Legends (PS4) is running on Ubisoft infrastructure ofc..
So there's been 2 things that happened:

• A few weeks back my save got wiped, just launched me into the new game tutorial. Thankfully restoring my cloud save resolved this issue!
  • Yesterday, I did the daily challenges needed for the grindy XP-related trophy. Today I log on and it's as if the servers forgot that I was in yesterday and did the challenges..
    I was not awarded with gold/silver cups, and looking through the daily challenge history my last registered event was from 2 days ago, the one I did yesterday (1 day ago) is just gone..

Hurry up before the servers just cave in!

Bad news for me, because I am still looking forward to playing this along with Rayman Origins. 

Hopefully getting that trophy for doing the challenges will still work for most.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Bad news for me, because I am still looking forward to playing this along with Rayman Origins. 

Hopefully getting that trophy for doing the challenges will still work for most.

Me too man. I think it could also be a problem on his end too though. Many online challenge based modes in games heavily depend on your being connected to the internet the entire time your doing them (same with Project CARS as an example). You won't necessarily see that you disconnected halfway through doing a challenge. I wouldn't write this one off yet. But I'll keep you posted because I've already started this title if you want..

I got the plat for Rayman Legends last year and the challenges were like that already. Every once in awhile it wouldn’t award anything the next day. From what I read it was like that before I played it too. It’s definitely something to keep an eye on but if it’s just a rare occurrence than nothing has changed.

• Like 2

If nobody has mentioned Frozen Synapse Prime, it can be added to the list.

After 2-3 matches, they server becomes unresponsive for several hours and you can't play multiplayer (except for 'My Matches').

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 9:48 AM, Last-_-Judgment said:

Me too man. I think it could also be a problem on his end too though. Many online challenge based modes in games heavily depend on your being connected to the internet the entire time your doing them (same with Project CARS as an example). You won't necessarily see that you disconnected halfway through doing a challenge. I wouldn't write this one off yet. But I'll keep you posted because I've already started this title if you want..

It's not an issue on my end.

Yes I'm having issues with my router for some games, but in Rayman Legends I was not getting disconnected during the 10-20 minute period that I did daily challenges.

If you scroll up and read what I originally wrote then you'll see that the issue was that:

1. My save got wiped for no apparent reason, this only happened once. Client-side save data corruption? Hasn't happened in other games for me.
  2. The server forgot to award me for a challenge I completed the previous day.

These 2 things have nothing to do with connectivity on the client side.

It would be different if I said something like "in between loading screens the game tells me that I have a network error", or "once I finish a challenge the server doesn't let me upload my score".

It's 100% on the Ubisoft game server side that I'm experiencing these issues, it's not a client-side issue at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Blur is very unstable. Aborted games, no games connection, crazy games you can have it all. Also the server is plagued with kids that get almost infinite nitros from drift mods making it almost impossible to beat them (unless you're interested in learning and perfecting the same tricks), which affects the challenges collection. 

Edited by cris3f

• 4 weeks later...

it came to my knowledge that the online servers for wolfenstein from 2009 for the ps3 version are not working anymore who knows for what reason, activision posted not too long ago on his oficial website a communicate mentioning some of their online games been shutted down permanently, right after this communicate, inluding all 007 games and wolfenstein as well, but this last was still working though and it seems has gone for good 

5 minutes ago, REPG_16_netsulli said:

it came to my knowledge that the online servers for wolfenstein from 2009 for the ps3 version are not working anymore who knows for what reason, activision posted not too long ago on his oficial website a communicate mentioning some of their online games been shutted down permanently, right after this communicate, inluding all 007 games and wolfenstein as well, but this last was still working though and it seems has gone for good 

Wolfenstein is dead as a Dodo so can't be Platinumed any more :(.

• Like 1

Definitely add dead rising 2 and dead rising 2 OTR to the list.

There were blue screens literally 8 out of 10 times everytime me and my coop partner where going from one location to another.

And probably about 14 times the game crashed during a specific mission where you have to follow a goddamn train. It was a nightmare.

Regarding dead rising 2 OTR: The exact same problem but probably even worse. There are some coop challenges you have to complete and the blue screens were as present as with DR2.

Do yourself a favour and stay away from these games (at least on the ps4), on ps3 I never had issues with these games.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Definitely add dead rising 2 and dead rising 2 OTR to the list.

There were blue screens literally 8 out of 10 times everytime me and my coop partner where going from one location to another.

And probably about 14 times the game crashed during a specific mission where you have to follow a goddamn train. It was a nightmare.

Regarding dead rising 2 OTR: The exact same problem but probably even worse. There are some coop challenges you have to complete and the blue screens were as present as with DR2.

Do yourself a favour and stay away from these games (at least on the ps4), on ps3 I never had issues with these games.

Wait.. so on PS4 they are acting up.

But on PS3 they work as usual?

It's important to specify platform in this case.

4 hours ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Wait.. so on PS4 they are acting up.

But on PS3 they work as usual?

It's important to specify platform in this case.

The last time I played them on ps3 was back in 2012 I believe and everything worked smoothly. I cannot assure you that they still work as fine today. 

And regarding your question: Yep, I did not mix it up, so on ps4 (particularly for the coop partner and not for the host) you are guaranteed to experience some issues 

This is in general the case with all dead rising games, but dr2 / dr2 otr are beyond bearable.

On 2/16/2020 at 5:59 PM, ryuji_sakujo said:

It's not an issue on my end.

Yes I'm having issues with my router for some games, but in Rayman Legends I was not getting disconnected during the 10-20 minute period that I did daily challenges.

If you scroll up and read what I originally wrote then you'll see that the issue was that:

1. My save got wiped for no apparent reason, this only happened once. Client-side save data corruption? Hasn't happened in other games for me.
  2. The server forgot to award me for a challenge I completed the previous day.

These 2 things have nothing to do with connectivity on the client side.

It would be different if I said something like "in between loading screens the game tells me that I have a network error", or "once I finish a challenge the server doesn't let me upload my score".

It's 100% on the Ubisoft game server side that I'm experiencing these issues, it's not a client-side issue at all.

Be that is it may. Like DizzyDavidson said, it happened once. It happened to me too the other week. Doesn't mean it should be added to this thread. It's like saying 'I didn't recieve any xp for a single game on CoD, it needs to be added to the list.' 

And about the save getting wiped, I wasn't referring to that at all but I have been having MANY problems with that in fact. I pretty much have to save to the cloud after everytime I do something offline because as soon as it doesn't read my save file (even though it's there in my saved data) and I click new game because I'm a trigger finger, it wipes the safe file that it didn't register. I've actually had to quit game and open it again 3 to 4 times before because it just doesnt register my save file. So yeah like you said I had to get my save from the cloud but luckily this does NOT affect online trophies because I when I did press new game one time, all my trophies from online were carried over (I started with the online trophies before grabbing any trophies offline so luckily that doesn't affect online but it does definitely waste your time offline.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Destiny 2's trophy was fixed so that you need to complete the new light crucible quest to unlock the trophy rather than the call to arms quest (at least it worked like that for me when doing the steam version). It's unknown how the vaulting of things in the next update will change things with trophies/achievements.

Additionally, I had trouble connecting to my boosting partner during Gat out of Hell on both ps3 and ps4. I couldn't send invites on ps3 and I got frequent disconnections on ps4. The game has a LAN mode though so if you have 2 systems you can connect to yourself to earn the coop trophy.

Edited by KimmysGotGame

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, batfan37 said:

Does that mean, they'll be shut down for good? No more multiplayer trophies one it comes? Yes or no? I'm bit confused with this

This thread is for the games with servers that are unstable/unreliable and prone to lengthy unannounced outages but haven't had any server closure notices.