Nintendo 64!

OnePieceDude

Though the PS2 is hailed as the best system ever, I find the N64 was more quality over quantity in comparison.  So many good titles.  It was the age of platformers back then. My favorites were:

Banjo-Kazooie/ Banjo-Tooie

Donkey Kong 64

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Super Mario 65

Super Smash Bros.

Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2

Pokemon Snap

Perfect Dark

Goldeneye

I enjoyed my PSOne more than my N64. They both have great games, but I hated the N64 controller so much. That joystick hurt like all hell digging into your thumb after some intense gaming sessions.

Fav N64 games:

- GoldenEye

- Jet Force Gemini 

- Nightmare Creatures

- DOOM 64

- Dr. Mario 64

- Goemon's Great Adventure

- Super Smash Bros.

- Super Mario 64

- Mario Kart 64

- Mario Tennis

- NFL Blitz

- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

- Mario Party 3

- F-Zero X

- WWF Warzone

- WWF No Mercy

- Pokemon Snap

- Pokemon Stadium

- StarFox 64

- Resident Evil 2

- Flying Dragon

- Banjo-Kazooie

- Banjo-Tooie

- Extreme-G

- Hybrid Heaven

- Castlevania 64 (One of the first games to truly freak me the fuck out as a kid. I had to give up playing it for the longest time.)

- Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion

- Duke Nukem: Zero Hour

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Mine Was "Star Soldier: vanishing Earth" 

Amazing Game for the Console, probably the only "Shoot 'em up" game in the whole console that I loved.

Played it so much that it's the reason i have a small N64 Collection.

Final Boss

Another 2 titles that I just remembered about are BattleTanx 1 & "Global Assault".

Games were So Fun & Competitive, Didn't understand the Story as A child(Probably thought it was just to save the girl on the Menu Screen...oh well it was still a great game IMO)

Also had A Great Catchy Soundtrack to follow up as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oQMLPpShKU

The Very Small tanks were fast and sometimes annoying, but very fragile doing small damage.

The only time to best use him was to retrieve/Steal the enemy queen and clutch back to the Home base without getting hit or squashed like a bug by the biggest Tanks.

You would literally freak out when you were up against the Biggest tanks, they were so OP.

The 2 Skills I loved to use were the obvious Nuke & Guided Missiles that you could control(these were very good for strategies & Trolling in Multiplayer)

I also just Found A Complete Whole(in 1 Video) Walkthrough of the BattleTanx game, I'm going to watch this right now to understand the story I didn't fully bother to comprehend as A Child...lol

As A 3rd Place: it Was Castlevania 64 & Legacy Of Darkness Edition.

1 of my favorites on par with the Current Lords of Shadow Series.

Really enjoyed the story, and Gameplay from all 4 characters:

1. Reinhardt
  2. Carrie
  3. Henry
  4. Cornell

The Love Relationship between Reinhardt & Vampire Rosa was one i was really into, and was sad  by her death. Kinda was very glad to see the ending with her coming back @ the end(yes i know that was cheesy & plot twisting...But I don't care it was what I wanted) 

Edited by DarknessKey92

The titles that still stand out to me til' this day are probably Starfox 64, F-Zero X and Paper Mario, those three were basically my "go to" games everytime.

The library for the N64 in general was pretty cool. Had we gotten Sin and Punishment over here at the time though, that probably also would've ended up in my top.

Edited by Incinerator

There's so many great titles, I really think that gaming was something completely different. Have so many great memories, this was the first system I've played on.
so my favourite ones would be Golden Eye, Oscarina of Time, Mario Party, Super Smash bros, Banjo Kazooie. Those two were the best games ever to play with friends :)

Hated (and still hate) the N64 controllers with a passion. I bought a clearance N64 bundle with Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer for $25 and the only ever game I think I bought for it was Mario Kart. I prefer to think the N64 never existed as I loved my SNES and Gamecube exponentially more than the N64. 

Mario 64 - This mario and Super Mario World  on SNES were my favorite of the series

Super Smash Bros - college roomate got me hooked back in 01, my love for this series is the sole reason i even have a wii u

Mario Kart 64 - Worthy successor to the original

Golden eye - No explanation needed

Ocarina of Time - "                            "

Had the 64 for a few years until this one game called Metal Gear Solid came out...

This is my fave system of all time! So many great classic games, for me it is impossible to choose!!

Mario64

Goldeneye 007

Banjo-Kazooie

Killer Instinct Gold

Mario Kart 64

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

All the WWF/WCW Wrestling Games

Starfox64

Conkers Bad Fur Day

Mario Party ( 1st one )

Ken Griffey Jr Baseball

**YES I REALIZED I POSTED TWICE LOL

Edited by REDSHIRT64

So much feels while reading everyone's post, the N64 was so awesome.

My personal Favorite was Majora's Mask but I enjoy so many games off it. Mickey Speedway USA, Turok 2, Mario Party series, Super Smash brothers, Pokemon Snap and Stadium, Paper Mario, Bomber Man, Kirby and the Crystal Stars, Mario Tennis, Yoshi's Story, Starwars Rogue Squadron, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, 007, Star Fox 64, Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong 64, and Mario Kart :D such nostalgia.

• Like 1

I never had a N64, I was a PS owner and so was most of my friends. Actually, one of them did own a N64 as well as a PlayStation and I would often go over his house to play it. Mario 64, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon Stadium... that's all I can remember, good fun though. :D

N64 is definitely my favourite system to date. So many fond memories playing GoldenEye 007 & WCW/nWo Revenge multiplayer after school.

As for single player, my favourites would have to be Ocarina of Time, Diddy Kong Racing and Banjo-Kazooie. So many classics to choose from though. :D

Wish I had more games on that system, but the ones I have that I liked were these ones
Pokémon Stadium

Pokémon Stadium 2
pokemon snap
Tony Hawks Pro Skater

Super Smash Bros

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask

Also had Super Mario 64 and Kirby 64 those were pretty good too. I also have Paper Mario and Starfox 64 on Wii VC, and liked both of those as well.

I kind of want to buy another Nintendo 64 and some games for it, I know there is VC, but I still liked the Nintendo 64 controller, I also liked the Nes controller as well.

• 1 month later...

I have very good memories with N64 (since it was my first gaming console)

the games I really remember were Mario Kart 64 (My first video game I ever played), Perfect Dark (I really only played the multiplayer with friends & it started my trend of going solo on maps & searching them inside & out), Star Wars Podracer (I think thats what it was called, anyways I really enjoyed this since I am one of the few who actually enjoy Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones & Revenge of the Sith and I think it made me immune to motion sickness in games except for TLoU & the upside down part.) I'm pretty sure I didnt have any other games (My family was quite poor & still kinda is) Unfortunatly my parents sold my N64 on me, god I hated that they did that.