Ultra Rare Cleanup 2020

On 4/21/2020 at 7:25 AM, Together_Comic said:

Update 1

1S4c2e0b.png Super Beat Xonic - 1.97%

28/33 for 64% 

Slowly working through the big grinds left in the game.  This is gonna be a lot of practice before I can finally get it done, but we will slowly progress. The biggest challenge is going to be finishing the world tour mode. Gonna be hooours... oh well.  Its UR for a reason. 

Great progress :) It's nice to see someone else in this event playing this game too. Good luck on completing World Tour because you'll certainly need it when you get to stages 6-Eleven and beyond. I, myself, have been stuck on 6-Eleven for quite some time now because getting 95% judgment on average for the 5 songs in that stage has been ridiculously hard for me, as opposed to something more doable like 90%, even though it's "only" a 5% difference...and this isn't even the hardest stage/club either...

@Wise_Mans_Fears Hey I am not sure if it is too late for me to join this challenge but if not I would love to throw myself down to participate. I already have a couple games this year that qualify as ultra rare completions when you include the 100% goal and I have quite a few I would like to do this year as well. I plan on building to this list as the year goes on but here is my initial list:

Game Total Trophies Trophies Earned % Comp Date 100% Rarity (At the time I started)
Bioshock 66 66 100 2/10/2020 4.37
Bioshock Infinite 81 81 100 3/7/2020 3.55
Doom (2016) 55 55 100 3/23/2020 0.98
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove 47 40 85   0.39
Entwined 14 12 86   1.39
Axiom Verge 30 5 17   4.68
The Playroom VR 44 44 100 4/21/2020 4.5
Beat Saber 27 19 70   4.72
Edited by DarthMagnus0605
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, DarthMagnus0605 said:

@Wise_Mans_Fears Hey I am not sure if it is too late for me to join this challenge but if not I would love to throw myself down to participate. I already have a couple games this year that qualify as ultra rare completions when you include the 100% goal and I have quite a few I would like to do this year as well. I plan on building to this list as the year goes on but here is my initial list:

Game Total Trophies Trophies Earned % Comp Date 100% Rarity (At the time I started)
Bioshock 66 66 100 2/10/2020 4.37
Bioshock Infinite 81 81 100 3/7/2020 3.55
Doom (2016) 55 55 100 3/23/2020 0.98
Entwined 14 12 86   1.39
The Playroom VR 44 44 100 4/21/2020 4.5

Heyo there! Just wanted to announce in advance that this thread is mostly self-sustained since the OP rarely comes online xD aka nobody really organises it anymore, we just share our progress and anyone can join. 

There's a sort of "rule" (mostly added by us participants, it's not in the original rules), if a game has over 5% in platinum rarity but under 5% in 100% completion, it must have at least an ultra rare trophy in the list, else everyone would just post Skyrim. 

To give an example,your Bioshock wouldn't really work since it has no UR trophies , but Shovel Knight is eligible since it has trophies under 5%

Of course this rule is optional xD idea is to have fun after all, so welcome! 

• Like 3

On 4/21/2020 at 11:47 AM, BB-BakkerJ said:

Ys Origin:

I still got the boss rush trophy to do. I only booted the game up once since December and I thought I’d run through Boss Rush on Easy difficulty for practice. But when I died 3 times in a row on Boss 3, and you need to beat 13, I knew I forgot the controls of the game. So I’m going to run through the game for an 8th time first to learn the controls again before actually going for that final trophy. I will probably do this soon as this game is just awesome. 

It is awesome.  A little tip, go into accessibility settings and swap :circle: with R1 (or just R if playing Vita version).  Obviously swap back when done playing, but I find this swap makes the controls feel much more natural and easier to work with.  EX Hugo is the easiest to finish nightmare boss rush with as well.  If you need any tips for specific bosses, feel free to ask.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

It is awesome.  A little tip, go into accessibility settings and swap :circle: with R1 (or just R if playing Vita version).  Obviously swap back when done playing, but I find this swap makes the controls feel much more natural and easier to work with.  EX Hugo is the easiest to finish nightmare boss rush with as well.  If you need any tips for specific bosses, feel free to ask.

Thanks for the tip. Now I don’t know the controls of the game anymore but does this make it so I can charge and use my magic abilities simultaneously while shooting with square? I always thought that was very annoying to do. I’m going for a Ex Hugo run although my favorite character is Ex Toal. But I don’t want to fight that True Final Boss on Nightmare without being overleveled ?. And yeah, more people should play this game.

1 minute ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Thanks for the tip. Now I don’t know the controls of the game anymore but does this make it so I can charge and use my magic abilities simultaneously while shooting with square? I always thought that was very annoying to do. I’m going for a Ex Hugo run although my favorite character is Ex Toal. But I don’t want to fight that True Final Boss on Nightmare without being overleveled 1f605.png. And yeah, more people should play this game.

Yes, it makes it so much easier to do that.  :circle: is the button for charging and using magic so if you swap that with R1/R it's much easier to do that since you just keep a finger on the R1/R and then use your thumb for the rest of the commands.  That will change :circle: to being one of the buttons to swap what magic you are using.  Just keep in mind that changing the buttons in accessibility changes them for everything on the system, but it's about the best workaround to deal with games that don't have the ability to customize controls and have not so great default setups.

And I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to do the true final boss on nightmare without being overleveled.  It's not an easy boss to get the hang of and a lot still depends on luck to do it boss rush.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Copanele said:

Heyo there! Just wanted to announce in advance that this thread is mostly self-sustained since the OP rarely comes online xD aka nobody really organises it anymore, we just share our progress and anyone can join. 

There's a sort of "rule" (mostly added by us participants, it's not in the original rules), if a game has over 5% in platinum rarity but under 5% in 100% completion, it must have at least an ultra rare trophy in the list, else everyone would just post Skyrim. 

To give an example,your Bioshock wouldn't really work since it has no UR trophies , but Shovel Knight is eligible since it has trophies under 5%

Of course this rule is optional xD idea is to have fun after all, so welcome! 

Hey thanks for clarifying the rules. I am glad i can still participate as it will give me some motivation to go and get these hard trophies and platinums. I have submitted an updated list and will add to it as time goes on depending on how many i finish. I will also keep track of the progress people have made on their respective games as well. Thanks for making this post!

Game Total Trophies Trophies Earned % Comp Date Rarity (As of 4/23/2020)
Entwined 14 12 86   1.39
Grand Theft Auto V 78 4 5   1.86
Velocity 2X 48 14 29   1.5
Lumo 43 1 2   0.69
The Last Guardian 24 0 0   3.33
Hyper Light Drifter 23 0 0   2.32
Thumper 19 1 5   3.52
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty 37 3 8   2.67
Muramasa Rebirth 66 13 20   2.81
  • Like 3

Since this event seems long over and it’s just kind of a free for all thingy in here, I hope it’s OK for me to post here! I just wanted to share my UR plats and also get some ideas from you guys about interesting games with UR platinums to pursue.

I also think ultra-rares are ultra bad ass! The only thing that kinda sucks is the discrepancy between PSNP and the actual PSN trophy stats. I often finish a game and think “Oooh nice, an ultra rare plat!” only to realize it’s like 20% plat on PSNP. ?

These are my ultra-rares as things stand now:

cTwHsep.jpg

Steep

Medal of Honor

Steamworld Dig 2

AC Brotherhood (PS3)

Battlefield 4 (PS3) - really? ?

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

The Last of Us (PS3)

Blade & Bones

My goals over the last 2 years have mainly been:

1. Build up my trophy list and profile (overall goal = 200 plats)
  2. Experience as many of the classic and acclaimed  titles and franchises across PS3/PS4 that I never got to play
  3. Expand my horizons as a gamer by exploring new genres, and increasing my skills across different types of games

Being a trophy hunter has really helped with that last one especially, and has helped me discover loads of new games and genres for the first time. For example, just this year I’ve developed a deep passion for classic hack n slash games, as well as a fondness for metroidvanias! Before I was in to trophy hunting I didn’t know squat about either. I love constantly exploring and searching to find new ones too.

However, back to the topic at hand...

As I reach closer to that 200 platinum mark I’m starting to look ahead, and I think I’d really like to start branching out even further. Two of my future goals:

1. Pursue more ultra-rares
  2. Obtain more difficult and prestigious platinums to add to the collection

I’ve got many platinums in that 6-8/10 difficulty range, according to guide ratings. But I would love to start bagging some 9s and maybe even a 10/10 or two! Luckily these 2 goals compliment one another ?

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

My goals over the last 2 years have mainly been:

1. Build up my trophy list and profile (overall goal = 200 plats)
  2. Experience as many of the classic and acclaimed  titles and franchises across PS3/PS4 that I never got to play
  3. Expand my horizons as a gamer by exploring new genres, and increasing my skills across different types of games

Damn that's a nice list! Also super happy with the third point that you mentioned, that's what I was working on this year as well (with fighting games at least xD ) it's super fun to go out of your comfort zone and try some new crazy stuff. This is how I kinda saw trophy  hunting myself, pushing for that extra mile in the tough as nails games.

Best of luck and let them roll! More to come :P 

2 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Damn that's a nice list! Also super happy with the third point that you mentioned, that's what I was working on this year as well (with fighting games at least xD ) it's super fun to go out of your comfort zone and try some new crazy stuff. This is how I kinda saw trophy  hunting myself, pushing for that extra mile in the tough as nails games.

Best of luck and let them roll! More to come :P 

Thanks man! ? yours too!

I agree that one of the best parts of trophy hunting is using the hobby to push the envelope bit by bit.. always trying to up the ante a little bit or try your hand at something new.

Speaking of fighting games, that is actually one genre I haven’t even touched yet - something I hope to rectify soon! I do have memories of being a little kid and playing Mortal Kombat with friends on SEGA, or playing more modern fighters like UFC back in middle school haha. They’re a blast to play, and also a genre that is very difficult to master. It’s insane how good some players can get at those games!

Do you have any recommendations for a fighting game to dip my toes in? I usually like to find one of the more user-friendly entries in a genre, or the beginning of a series, and then work my way up from there. ?

@dieselmanchild If you’re looking for some fun UR’s that aren’t hard but give a good challenge I’d suggest taking a look at some of the great indie games out there. Here is a list of some indie games I’ve done and had a lot of fun with.

Broforce

Furi

Titan Souls

Rive

Hyper Light Drifter

Nex Machina

With my personal favorite being Nex Machina.

Now these games are definitely harder than the platinums you got so far but I wouldn’t rate any of them higher than a 7/10.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Do you have any recommendations for a fighting game to dip my toes in? I usually like to find one of the more user-friendly entries in a genre, or the beginning of a series, and then work my way up from there. 1f642.png

I can only recommend from the ones I've tried and it comes in 4 tiers/flavours for me(both in terms of accessibility and platinum) :

user friendly : Samurai Shodown, Mortal Kombat 11, Tekken 7 (although this one is difficult to master at high level m gameplay ) 

decent challenge : Mortal Kombat X, Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator 2(suoer difficult to master though) plus the online is kinda dead, Soul Calibur 6

challenging and grindy : injustice 2, skullgirls 2nd encore, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Street Fighter 5 

Jesus take the wheel : Street fighter 4, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, darkstalkers resurrection, injustice 1, mk9 (plat unobtainable due to online servers) 

If you wish to start with something to dip your toes in, i would suggest Tekken 7 and MK11. They are easy to learn, easy platinums and are fun enough. If you like the genre, slowly work your way up with more challenging ones. The toughest for me personally is Street Fighter 4 atm because... Well you will see if you search XD.

It is a super fun genre but it's also the one which requires by far the most dedication and work. 

Hope I didn't forget any. 

P. S. Basically anything developed byCapcom will kick your ass xD fair warning

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Copanele said:

I can only recommend from the ones I've tried and it comes in 4 tiers/flavours for me(both in terms of accessibility and platinum) :

user friendly : Samurai Shodown, Mortal Kombat 11, Tekken 7 (although this one is difficult to master at high level m gameplay ) 

decent challenge : Mortal Kombat X, Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator 2(suoer difficult to master though) plus the online is kinda dead, Soul Calibur 6

challenging and grindy : injustice 2, skullgirls 2nd encore, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Street Fighter 5 

Jesus take the wheel : Street fighter 4, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, darkstalkers resurrection, injustice 1, mk9 (plat unobtainable due to online servers) 

If you wish to start with something to dip your toes in, i would suggest Tekken 7 and MK11. They are easy to learn, easy platinums and are fun enough. If you like the genre, slowly work your way up with more challenging ones. The toughest for me personally is Street Fighter 4 atm because... Well you will see if you search XD.

It is a super fun genre but it's also the one which requires by far the most dedication and work. 

Hope I didn't forget any. 

You forgot Blazblue :)

16 minutes ago, Vergil said:

You should give it a try. It happens to be on sale right now :)

Ah right, it's Big  in Japan sales. Well if it plays anything like Guilty Gear sure, I'll look it up thanks!

Not really sure why I avoided that series in the first place for so long xD

19 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

@dieselmanchild If you’re looking for some fun UR’s that aren’t hard but give a good challenge I’d suggest taking a look at some of the great indie games out there. Here is a list of some indie games I’ve done and had a lot of fun with.

Broforce

Furi

Titan Souls

Rive

Hyper Light Drifter

Nex Machina

With my personal favorite being Nex Machina.

Now these games are definitely harder than the platinums you got so far but I wouldn’t rate any of them higher than a 7/10.

Great suggestions, thank you! ?

I’ve heard of a few of these games, but never researched/seen gameplay so I’ve got some homework to do now.

7/10 difficulty sounds perfect on paper? . Should be challenging and even really tough at some parts, but a realistic goal to complete at least a few of them.

A lot of that really depends on the genres of these games though! Hopefully there are a few from that list that will be a good match for my skill level and experience.

19 hours ago, Copanele said:

If you wish to start with something to dip your toes in, i would suggest Tekken 7 and MK11.

Thanks mate! ? I appreciate your suggestions, especially the way you organized them into categories for me. They are all going on my list for research lol.

Tekken 7 looks like the perfect entry point. Looks super easy and enjoyable platinum trophy, and a good way to just get used to the style, combos, and control scheme etc. of a fighting game. I totally forgot about MK11 too, I was looking into that one a short while ago when it came out. It looks like a step up from Tekken but yet another reasonably obtainable plat for a fighting noob. A great way to get some more practice in the genre.

The big Japan sale just started so I’ll take a look in there and see what’s up. Unfortunately I just ordered a load of games so I’ll have to see how much cash I got left. Hopefully the sale lasts a few weeks like the Spring one has. Cheers! 

• Like 3

Sort of totally forgot about this event so I haven't done much since finishing the platinum on LBP back at the start of this event but I've now done the plat on Zombie Tycoon II with a 3.90% rarity.  Let's see if I can get back to this with a bit more attention.

Game list

Spoiler

S4363f9.png  3D Dot Game Heroes (3.31%) - current 15%

S726fa7.png  Amnesia Collection (3.97%) - current 7%

S4ff069.png  Catherine, PS3 (2.15%) - current 0%

S506da9.png  Dark Cloud 2 (3.92%) - current 17%

S0c002e.png  Lemmings Touch (3.73%) - current 59%

S668783.png LittleBigPlanet  (3.21%)  :platinum: COMPLETE - current 89%

S9594ee.png  Moon Hunters (0.61%) - current 78%

Sc8f0b7.png  Record of Agarest War (2.56%) - current 0%

Sb99670.png  Shadow of the Colossus, PS3 (2.54%) - current 34%

S6a3b84.png  Silent Hill 2 (3.59%) - current 23%

S09bdf4.png  Sword Art Online re:Hollow Fragment, PS4 (1.59%) - current 10%

S489bf9.png  The Last Guardian (3.35%) - current 4%

Sde7cda.png  Torquel (100% - 0.87%) - current 61%

Se15f3f.png  Way of the Samurai 3 (1.56%) - current 30%

S7d468a.png  Ys Origin, Vita (3.02%) - current 5%

Sd502a3.png  Zombie Tycoon II (3.90%) - :platinum: COMPLETE - 100%

• Like 2

Fortunately i can update my list a little bit, 2/5 Games are done now:

S03cec0.png- Blur 1,61% // 98%, done.

S3aae28.png - Far Cry 2 0,56% // 35%, fortunately just the SP is left.

Sc61d05.png - Mortal Kombat 0,62% // 28%, lucky finished the MP before the server Shutdown, just the huge grind is left.

S41fa18.png - Wolfenstein 2,27% // 49%, the same like Mortal Kombat, just the SP is left.

S84953c.png - Max Payne 3 0,72% // 99%, done.

I think the next game i will prepare is wolfenstein.

Bonusround:

S9d446f.png  - Surgeon Simulator 0,56% // 98%, done..oh boy i will remember these clunky controls when i start "i am Bread"..

S17494b.png - Street Fighter IV 0,66% // 23%, i hope i can at least finish the MP trophies this year.

S14d5f8.png - COD Black Ops I 4,18% // 16%, MP Trophies are done, but i've problems with a glitch in the first Mission, at the Moment i can't solve, so unfortunately i can't make progress.

Lets see how far can come with the first 5 Games, maybe i add a few more Games later then to the Bonusround.

The progress of all of you is very inspiring, it's a lot of fun reading everything and I've already added one or two of your games to my wish list. :)

Greetings from Germany
synergY

Edited by S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y
  • Like 3