Ultra Rare Cleanup 2020

7 hours ago, Copanele said:

PERSONALLY i will go only for those instances where the 100% has an UR platinum. I already have a huge list, I don't want to choke it with artificial UR 100s. There are other events where I can put those games. 

That's kinda how I feel too. It's tempting to count Arkham City, since those combat/predator challenges seem comparable to an UR plat, but then Minecraft and RE7 should be allowed too. It's also tempting to count The Long Dark, which has a really bizarre 0.6% completion (despite having no UR DLC trophies), but I got the UR plat before the event began. Cities: Skylines is basically in the same boat, but it does have UR DLC trophies.

I think, based on all that, I'm not going to consider DLC trophies for this event. The numbers are too artificially skewed. I'm only going to consider UR plats and games without a plat that have an UR 100%.

What to do with Hollow Knight, though...? It's no longer considered a UR plat.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

That's kinda how I feel too. It's tempting to count Arkham City, since those combat/predator challenges seem comparable to an UR plat, but then Minecraft and RE7 should be allowed too. It's also tempting to count The Long Dark, which has a really bizarre 0.6% completion (despite having no UR DLC trophies), but I got the UR plat before the event began. Cities: Skylines is basically in the same boat, but it does have UR DLC trophies.

I think, based on all that, I'm not going to consider DLC trophies for this event. The numbers are too artificially skewed. I'm only going to consider UR plats and games without a plat that have an UR 100%.

I do believe Arkham City PS4 will be fine for the competition though, given that those DLC trophies are UR and since the intention of the thread was completing those daunting games...why not :) Skyrim however(which was in my case) had an UR 100% but the game had no UR trophies because it was easy as hell, so it couldn't really count. Arkham City on PS3 is an UR so I definitely am counting that for my own list xD

4 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Well there are other events you can sign up for! Personally I also signed up for both Backlog Pyramid or the future Spring 2020 Backlog challenge that starts on the1st of March. I go wild there with games that don't fit into the UR category yet I wish to complete :D 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I think we agreed that if a game is UR at the time of nomination, it counts. Personally I won't play by those rules... "The End is Nigh" is again over 5% so I won't be playing it for this event. I will just go with games that, by the time I finish them, are UR. 

And as for DLC trophies and 100% rarity, I will go with what I suggested and only count games that have UR trophies ? Otherwise I could count Diablo III or Alienation, which is a joke since both games are really easy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I think we agreed that if a game is UR at the time of nomination, it counts. Personally I won't play by those rules... "The End is Nigh" is again over 5% so I won't be playing it for this event. I will just go with games that, by the time I finish them, are UR. 

And as for DLC trophies and 100% rarity, I will go with what I suggested and only count games that have UR trophies 1f642.png Otherwise I could count Diablo III or Alienation, which is a joke since both games are really easy. 

Ah right! If your game was UR at the time of the signing up, it still counts for the event (forgot about that @Arcesius lol ) ! In Hollow Knight's case, let's say the extra condition is completing it without the invincible glitch :P since that thing messed up the plat rarity. Guess it gets a passing grade since the game is quite awesome.

I believe this also goes for unachievable platinums(bending the rules here abit), if the trophies are UR. For instance I also added PES2015 here, the platinum is unachievable but there are still some UR trophies to get(and honestly if it wasn't for this event I wouldn't have ever restarted the game). So...as long as you have fun and push yourself over the limit with some UR trophies, it should count!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrandedBerserk said:

It’s more of a twin stick shooter/bullet hell with a lot of roguelike elements. 

I know. But as I’m getting older I don’t have the reaction anymore to play games like this. I need to be able to practice the same lay-out of a level over and over again otherwise I probably can’t do it. I’m going to make one exception for Strafe, just because I really want that platinum in my Trophy Cabinet. I see you’re going for it too. Good luck!

• Like 1

I finished Batman Arkham Origins finally :D doing the Combat and Predator Challenges in Ranked and Campaign Mode was challenging in both skill and perseverance. Doing them all over again in Custom Mode was rather boring but didn't take long. After a while Combat Maps became even easier as Predator cuz i repeated the same strategy over and over :D i didn't unlock the :platinum: cuz i'll keep the game for another event but all i have to do is mark 8 more Anarchy Sigils which is a piece of cake B)

Regarding the games on my list: too bad that X-Morph isn't a UR :platinum: anymore :( And Ni No Kuni II doesn't have UR Trophies anymore either. I still play it and i'm happy i prepared that :platinum: too :)

Unavel 2 1.98%. Personal Progress: :platinum: 12th Nov 19

Worms Battlegrounds 0.46%. Personal Progress: 100% :platinum: 23rd Nov 19

X-Morph Defense 4.84%

Mirror's Edge 0.66%. Personal Progress: 51%

Batman Arkham Origins 1.05%. Personal Progress: 90% --> 98% Plat prepared

Tower of Guns 2.07%. Personal Progress: 4%

Dishonored 0.26%. Personal Progress: 87%

Ni No Kuni II Revenant Kingdom 1.02%. Personal Progress: 70%

Wet 3.92%. Personal Progress: 15%

R.U.S.E. 0.57%. Personal Progress: 60%

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 4

Well since I crossed one unexpected game off , time to revise the list :

1. Mortal Kombat XL (100% + DLC) - rarity 1.95%, 100% completed :platinum: 

2. Mortal Kombat - rarity 0.62%, 54% -> 60% (online complete)

3. Skullgirls 2nd Encore - rarity 0.91%, 74% completed

4. Guilty Gear Xrd Sign - rarity 1.13%, 100% completed :platinum: 

5. Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator - rarity 1.51% , 100% completed :platinum: 

6. Injustice Gods Among Us - rarity 0.12%, 82% completed (online complete)

7. Mount and Blade Warband - rarity 1.17%, 31% completed (online complete)

8. Slain: Back From Hell - rarity 3.68%, 12% completed

9. Fist of the North Star : Lost Paradise - rarity 4.60%, 84% completed

10. Blur - Rarity 1.60%, 8% completed -> 17%->20%-> 38%(online complete)

11. Mirror's Edge - Rarity 3.03%, 5% completed

12. Batman Arkham City(PS3) - Rarity 4.76%, 3% completed

13. Lords of the Fallen - Rarity 4.35%, 7% completed

14. Death's Gambit - Rarity 4.86% , 3% completed

15. Batman Arkham Origins - Rarity 2.02%, 1% completed -> 14%(online complete)

16. Darkstalkers Resurrection - Rarity 0.84%, 0% -> 4%(online complete)

17. Broforce - Rarity 0.47%(no plat), 19% completed 

18. Samurai Shodown VI - Rarity 1.55% (no plat), 30%->55%

19. The Disney Afternoon Collection - Rarity 4.22% (no plat), 0 % completed

20. Hyper Light Drifter - Rarity 2.84%(1.41% 1f4af.png) , 0% completed

21. Titan Souls - Rarity 1.88%, 0% completed 

22. Braid - Rarity 2.47% (no platinum) , 0%->89%

23. Limbo - Rarity 2.07% (no platinum), 0% completed

Bonus Round :

24. Super Street Fighter 4 - rarity 0.60% , 63% completed

25. Street Fighter 5 - rarity 1.37%, 53% completed

26. Overwatch Origins Edition - rarity 1.89%,38% -> 70%

27. Catherine - Rarity 1.29%, 1% completed

28. Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 - Rarity 1.71%, 82% completed (PLATINUM UNOBTAINABLE)

29. Furi - Rarity 1.55% , 0% completed

30. A Bastard's Tale - Rarity 0.78% (no platinum), 0% completed 

31. Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - Rarity 2.39% (no platinum). 0% completed 

Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 :  Although the servers are down, I went for all the single player trophies. It had 5 UR trophies and I really needed a reason to get rid of it so...82% it is. Decent game if you are a football fan...which I am not. Will sell the CD and never look back.

Overwatch : Man I blasted through this game the past month. I got to 70% completion by myself but some trophies...I really consider boosting at some point. The requirements are absurd for some heroes, but fortunately the game is still fun for me, so I will hit my head against the wall for quite some time before asking for help.

Samurai Shodown VI : I did some arcade runs and finishing the arcade mode at the hardest difficulty...for an ancient SNK game this was no walk in the park. The game is not that tough...but doing arcade mode with 47 characters or a survival mode against all 47 back to back is quite a headache. Plus the game is not really that good for a samurai shodown game, it's more of a mood issue here.

Braid : Cute game (it's like Super Mario with time powers), completed the whole requirements and the story, the only trophy left is the reason why this game is UR : Speedrun. Honestly the game is not that hard to speedrun BUT .. I personally hate speedrunning. I can't stand it. I need to be in a mega zen mode in order to deal with that stupid stuff. Reason why I suck at speedrunning: every mistake annoys me to no end. So yes, I need more discipline xD 

What is next? More Overwatch, working on "From C to shining C " with a friend in Super Street Fighter 4 and letting my PS3 consoles die out with that shitty "My Kung Fu is stronger" 24 hours grind in Mortal Kombat. Spring is here so I am in the mood for tough games! 

• Like 2

Ooh, I've been looking for some motivation lately to try and push myself to play some harder/more time-consuming games, this is perfect! I've been padding my profile way too much recently with excessively easy plats, so I really ought to balance it out with some more challenging ones. ?

I'm often pretty low on time due to classes + work, but I think 5-10 time-consuming plats in 2020 is pretty reasonable.

Here's my list, vaguely sorted by priority:

1: Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics [1.44%]

1Lb73067.png

2: Deception IV: Blood Ties [1.00%]

1L7eba4a.png

3: Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention [1.74%]

1Lf6fe87.png

4: Sayonara Umihara Kawase + [3.08%]

1Lc8c4d1.png

5: LittleBigPlanet Vita [2.03%]

1L1ae359.png

6: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed [1.24%]

1Lf3dcf9.png

7: Rabi-Ribi [4.22%]

1La43565.png

8: Muramasa Rebirth [2.81%]

1Lf681b6.png

9: Natural Doctrine [2.01%]

1L09625a.png

10: Silent Hill: Book of Memories [1.99%]

1L04b42c.png

And a couple bonus games too, though I doubt I'll get around to these, if even the latter half of my initial list.

Bonus 1: DJMax Respect [4.48%] - I've been getting more into rhythm games lately so I picked this up when it went on sale, but I'm a little intimidated by it - the time it takes to reach 100%, the fact that I've never played a DJMax game before, and I'm also really horrible at these Beatmania-style games. ?

1Lae4bb6.png

Bonus 2: Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life [4.16%] - I haven't bought this yet, but I'm super nostalgic for the original so I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point. The game itself doesn't seem that hard, but it seems to require a bit of somewhat tricky time management skills that I definitely don't have.

1L1d89fc.png

Might add some more as I think of them, but I'll start with these for now. ?

Edited by CabbagePantsu
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I completed Puppeteer! I never thought I'd get round to this game to be honest. My focus was to complete Catherine first, but I have to borrow a second controller. It looks like I might be able to get one soon. My next game will probably be either Star Ocean 5 or Dragon Age: Inquisition. Not sure if I can get all 11 games done, but even getting one is a huge deal for me.

Mega congrats! Keep on doing Catherine as well, am following your  progress since its on my list too xD

This event will surely be prolonged to 2021, lots of tough games and plenty of mood for them lol! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wdjat Prinny Doods said:

Update on my list. Finish Shinobi Strikers

1. Tales of Zestiria- 3.67% rarity, 3% completion
  2. Skullgirls 2nd Encore-0.90% rarity, 60% completion
  3. Hard Reset Redux-2.93% rarity, 2% completion
  4. Invisible Inc.-0.38% rarity, 0% completion
  5. Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker-1.73% rarity :platinum:
  6. Furi-1.55% rarity, 6% completion
  7. Jamestown+-1.17% rarity, 40% completion
  8. Steamworld Heist- 1.44% rarity, 1% completion
  9. Slime-San 2.78% rarity, 10% completion
  10. Shadow Warrior 2-4.36% rarity, 5% completion
  11. Star Ocean 5-2.83% rarity, 6% completion

Word on the street is that you hacked that game, any proof you didn't??