Ultra Rare Cleanup 2020

5 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

That is absolutely understandable. The problem for me personally is that I don't purchase too many games in advance, and thus it is difficult for me to know what I will be playing throughout an entire year. I think I own like 10 games that I haven't played yet 1f602.png

But I would still like to keep the event going for an entire year... So what we could do is to have four checkpoints throughout the year, and a certain number of games needs to be committed at each of the checkpoints. Removing games is then no longer possible, and you can only commit games for the next stretch that haven't been started yet... 

Or, you know, something along these lines 1f603.png

Damn, that's one rare case 1f605.png

But if the majority is in favor, we could also just disregard trophy rarities altogether and instead just allow games that have a UR platinum / 100% rarity. I think DLC trophy rarities are meaningless here anyways, so that would also solve that issue. 

Yep, something like that sounds fine, just some sort of structure whilst still allowing as many people as possible to participate and enjoy the event is ideal in my eyes. 

I'd also be fine with including those games that are 100% and UR overall, without any specific trophies being UR themselves since, as stated previously, if they had a plat it would be an UR plat. 

Hall of fame. I like it. In that case I won’t go for Wolfenstein 2 & SMB until next year. Was thinking of completing them both tomorrow.

I’ve been looking at some UR games but I can’t find any I’m interested in so I’ll just bring my current list into the next year. 

9 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

But if the majority is in favor, we could also just disregard trophy rarities altogether and instead just allow games that have a UR platinum / 100% rarity. I think DLC trophy rarities are meaningless here anyways, so that would also solve that issue. 

I'd definitely be in favor of it.  I also think we should keep the rule about declaring rarity so games that are on the borderline will definitely count even if they stop being UR plats/100%s for a time.  However I think that should only be able to be done with games out at least 30 days, 60 probably would be better.  If I remember right this year we had some weirdness with MeiQ not being a UR for a time and I think it very fair to allow a player to declare that in advance so they don't lose out on time and effort put in to a game just because a few more people got the plat and it now has 5.01% rarity.  I also feel that a game that becomes UR after someone plays it should be allowed to be added if they finished the game within the duration of the challenge.  Maybe set a limit for how long it needs to stay UR for that?  One example of a game that did that this year was Akiba's Beat.  When I got the plat back in May, it wasn't UR but was very close to being UR.  It did move between UR and very rare a bit but now it's stayed UR for a few months.

As far as adding and removing games, could do something like the 100% backlog challenge where once the event starts your games are set, but you can have X number of swaps to swap to a different game and can add new games up to a set amount.  I'd say limit the swaps a bit more than that event, maybe 2 at most.  I agree that being able to add games should be allowed because we don't know what may change to UR over the course of a year, what new games could end up being UR or what we may buy over the course of a year.

12 hours ago, Copanele said:

Math is my worst enemy so...ok xD I see your point also. I am all for UR only event no problem (in the end, it's in the title), we'll draft the rules in these 2 months.

And yeah, work for that Hall of Fame! I would honestly put more games there, but I have no idea which ones are an absolute 10/10 in terms of difficulty other than Crypt, SMB and...maybe Trackmania? I will need a helping hand here.

Crypt of the Necrodancer is more like 12/10 in difficulty in my eyes.

800 - 1000 hours to get the platinum, and then there's the DLC which adds up even more time. Rhythm games are definitely not my strong suit.

I'd rather do Super Meat Boy again or get the platinum in Trackmania Turbo, than ever attempt to do Crypt of the Necrodancer.

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

Crypt of the Necrodancer is more like 12/10 in difficulty in my eyes.

800 - 1000 hours to get the platinum, and then there's the DLC which adds up even more time. Rhythm games are definitely not my strong suit.

I'd rather do Super Meat Boy again or get the platinum in Trackmania Turbo, than ever attempt to do Crypt of the Necrodancer.

No worries, we are currently devising a "Most Wanted" list based on points, and Crypt is way on top there. The infamy of that game is unnatural.

So far the rules are being structured, 2021 event will be more solid. It will be a point based system with tiers. Still in discussion.

17 hours ago, Vergil said:

I haven't played in over 2 months, if anyone cares lol. 

Maybe i can finish SSF4 this year if i hook up my 2nd ps4 

Damn you left the most boring part for last xD 

• Like 2

With covid (I work in medical), studying and my son starting school, my gaming time has been cut in half this year. Probably won’t touch my ps3/4 in a while now that I managed to snag a ps5, too excited with my new toy. Haven’t posted here since March, got a few plats since then, 3 of them UR:

Sniper Elite 4

DBZ Fighters

Max Payne 3

• Like 3

I’d be interested in a 2021 event. I kinda lost interest in this one as the OP completely disappeared. If there is some sort of ranking system for the next event then I’ll probably join.

On 11/11/2020 at 0:43 PM, Copanele said:

And yeah, work for that Hall of Fame! I would honestly put more games there, but I have no idea which ones are an absolute 10/10 in terms of difficulty other than Crypt, SMB and...maybe Trackmania? I will need a helping hand here.

I would recommend adding games like Assetto Corsa, DJMax Respect (100%), Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai, Kyurinaga’s Revenge, Superbeat Xonic, Tetris Ultimate, and TxK. Could even go as far as adding games like Cloudberry Kingdom, Ikaruga, Splasher, Trials Fusion, and VVVVVV. 

I’m sure there are many others that could be mentioned, but these are the ones that I’m familiar with.

Edited by Smzthyy
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Smzthyy said:

I’d be interested in a 2021 event. I kinda lost interest in this one as the OP completely disappeared. If there is some sort of ranking system for the next event then I’ll probably join.

I would recommend adding games like Assetto Corsa, DJMax Respect (100%), Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai, Kyurinaga’s Revenge, Superbeat Xonic, Tetris Ultimate, and TxK. Could even go as far as adding games like Cloudberry Kingdom, Ikaruga, Splasher, Trials Fusion, and VVVVVV. 

I’m sure there are many others that could be mentioned, but these are the ones that I’m familiar with.

Cool, looking forward to your participation next year! 

Thanks for the suggestions! We decided (although it's not final) to define 5-6 different genres and define 2-3 games per genre that make up the "Most Wanted" list. Many of the games you propose are already on there :) Dunno yet what to do about platforms though.. TxK is a perfect candidate but is Vita-only... 

We'll see. @Copanele and myself are working a framework out, we'll give some information as soon as we agree on the structure of the event! 

• Like 4

On 11/11/2020 at 9:02 PM, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Well, some time has passed since my last post and just a few things happened, but at least there is one thing I can say about the last few months: 

Fuck you The Evil Within 1 ..

This is probably the first game that almost broke me mentally.

The game has such a bad performance, the FPS sometimes drop extremely, the POV is the stupidest I have ever seen, the story is nothing special, the loading times are far too long after each death, overall the gameplay is not difficult on Akumu but it's extremely tedious and I just don't enjoy it.

The game took almost all of my motivation away, it is more exhausting for me to play this game than Super Meat Boy. I hope I can somehow get through my last round + all DLCs and then I can finally tick it off and play through the second part, luckily with cheats this time.

Respect to @Bizzy_Montana_ for being the first in the world, who earned the Platin in all 7 stacks!

Since I haven't played that much, my list hasn't changed that much and i had some time to do other stuff like watching over 30 movies in October, getting 5 new tattoos and spent even more money on new games and films. ^^

I also only started a few new games, either for reasons of nostalgia like Kingdom Hearts 2, THPS2, or just for Fun like Nuclear Throne.

But one game I would like add to my bonus round is:

I AM BREAD

Fortunately, I've already finished and prepared it in the last days.

The game is definitely not easy and you need to get used to the controls at first.

The cheese level in the garden was, as many said before, the hardest level for me aswell, which took me way to many attempts, because I choked in the last part way too often. ^^

Here is my run from the hardest level, the run felt like my worst and at the end I was super nervous, as with over 10 attempts before, almost didn't get the last piece of cheese, but somehow I finished it with 1 Second left.^^

https://youtu.be/jc3vV4kD2bk

Many thanks also to @Bushido_Cypher for the great youtube guide! 

Next, I'll try to finally finish the Evil Within Akumu + DLCs somehow and after that probably Far Cry 2, another tedious singlerplayer.. :D

Since I will probably not be able to be done with the rest of my list this year, I would like to extend the event to the next year aswell. :)

Glad the guide was useful buddy!

Huge congrats! ???

More guides coming soon, just awaiting my new rig and just moved house.

• Like 1

And another game completed :) RDR wasn't the great experience for me as for many others but it was a good game. Except for the Survivalist and Hunter challenges for which i had to run around the world hoping that certain herbs or animals appear randomly. RDR Undead Nightmare was definitely a better experience as it didn't take that long to get 100% SP completion and the challenges were easier too. I'm a bit lucky that i tamed War and Famine on first try and missed only Pestilance. I read later that Famine may never appear again and then you're locked out of 100% completion. For both RDR and Undead Nightmare the free roam after story completing was weird though as John Marston was either dead or undead ?

Regarding the future of this event: i would prefer a more open event like the current one but i will join a stricter one too. Curious to see what the details are...

Unravel 2 1.98% :platinum:. Personal Progress: :platinum: 12th Nov 9

Worms Battlegrounds 0.46% ?. Personal Progress: 100% :platinum: 23rd Nov 19

Tower of Guns 2.07% ?. Personal Progress: 100%. 14th Mar 20

Drawful 2 1.25% ? Personal Progress: 100%. 3rd Apr 20

Outlast 1.07% ?. Personal Progress: 100%. 7th June 20

Four Sided Fantasy 2.02% ?. Personal Progress: 100%. 18th June 20

Batman Arkham Origins 1.05% for ?. Personal Progress: 100% :platinum:. 19th June 20

Dirt Rally 2.0 3.05% for :platinum: Personal Progress: 91% :platinum:. 19th June 20

Killing Floor 2 0.81% for ? Personal Progress: 100% :platinum:. 19th June 20

R.U.S.E. 0.57% :platinum:. Personal Progress: :platinum:. 19th June 20

Sniper Elite 4 0.83% for 1f4af.png. Personal Progress: 100% :platinum:. 19th June 20

Sniper Elite 3 4% for :platinum: Personal Progress: 87% :platinum:, 19th June 20

Grand Theft Auto 5 1.84%. 1f4af.png rarity: 0.53%. Personal Progress: 100% :platinum: 8th Sept 20

Trine 2 PS4 NA 1.69% :platinum: Personal Progress: :platinum: 20th Sept 20

Thief 3,28% :platinum: Personal Progress: :platinum: 27th Sept 20

Hoard 0.95% 1f4af.png. Personal Progress: 100% 22nd Oct 20

Red Dead Redemption 0.73% 1f4af.png . Personal Progress: 89% --> 100% :platinum: 12th Nov 20

Dishonored 0.26% for 1f4af.png. Personal Progress: 94% :platinum:

Ni No Kuni II Revenant Kingdom 1.02% for 1f4af.png. Personal Progress: 89% :platinum:

X-Morph Defense 4.84% :platinum:

Mirror's Edge 2.97% for :platinum: 0.66% for 1f4af.png. Personal Progress: 58% towards 1f4af.png

Wet 3.92% :platinum: Personal Progress: 60%

EA Sports UFC 2 1.69% :platinum: Personal Progress: 8%

Call of Juarez Gunslinger 2.05%. Personal Progress: 85%

• Like 2

On 11/12/2020 at 8:27 AM, Arcesius said:

Thanks for the suggestions! We decided (although it's not final) to define 5-6 different genres and define 2-3 games per genre that make up the "Most Wanted" list. Many of the games you propose are already on there :) Dunno yet what to do about platforms though.. TxK is a perfect candidate but is Vita-only... 

I'd say don't worry so much about platforms.  A lot of games are multiplatform.  The big thing would be to ensure that each genre has choices available on each platform since everyone owns different consoles.  Either that or give Vita and VR exclusive their own categories.  Not sure if VR has 2-3 good picks, but Muramasa Rebirth is another Vita exclusive has a UR plat and 100% and requires a decent amount of skill.  The 100% is also below 1% rarity which makes it a good choice.

For JRPGs, I'd recommend Mugen Souls and Star Ocean 4.  Those two are pretty infamous for being some of the longest games to plat that exist. JRPGs don't have a ton of stuff that needs skill but the large amount of time needed to plat those is pretty deserving of a spot.   I'd also recommend for puzzle games to consider Sparkle Unleashed.  It's a good pick since it's available on all platforms and is insanely hard.  It's not as well known for that fact because it's a pretty obscure game but it is indeed a very hard game due to the sheer amount of luck and skill needed to progress in the highest difficulty.  It's got nearly 4,200 owners and only 10 people on this site have the 100%.  However, it's a non-plat (which is probably some of the reason for its obscurity).

On 11/12/2020 at 5:25 AM, Smzthyy said:

Could even go as far as adding games like Cloudberry Kingdom, Ikaruga, Splasher, Trials Fusion, and VVVVVV. 

Those are literally hardcore games to the fullest. Definitely games that are beyond my skill, and thus I won’t be attempting them. 

The only one that looks doable for me is Trials Fusion, if it’s more than twice as hard as OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood was, then lots of time and dedication are needed. 

VVVVVV is actually on my backlog, but it’s likely I won’t finish it. Doing that game without dying is scary, and considering it’s just a 100 percent game, I have to wonder if all that time and effort for that difficult trophy is worth it.

Besides, I got DOOM 2, Capcom Arcade Cabinet and Woah Dave to finish, so I’m plenty good in hard games.

• Like 1

HA! I love when I'm surprised by an UR that I didn't know was there. But it turns out, Akiba's Beat is UR, and it seems pretty stable. 

I wouldn't recommend it, BTW. While I thought it was a pretty OK game, it really outstays its welcome by the end (which is around 80-100 hours after you start).

On 11/15/2020 at 6:41 PM, Spaz said:

Besides, I got DOOM 2, Capcom Arcade Cabinet and Woah Dave to finish, so I’m plenty good in hard games.

I can't speak to Commando, but if you can beat Gun.Smoke, you can beat SonSon, and that will net you TWO trophies.

Edited by starcrunch061

And a new entry on the list :D i finished up In Space We Brawl which is a 2D action game in which you control a spaceship to destroy other spaceships and oh boy is this a boring long grind. I played all challenges which are tutorial like and not very difficult and for mostly all other trophies i used my 2 turbo controllers to speed things up. I'm very disapppointed that the game doesn't show any statistic so i didn't see how many machtes i completed or shots fired which were the most time consuming trophies. Only reason why i started the game was it has just UR trophies :D  average completion for the PS4 EU version i played is 1% ? :D

I did play Mirror's Edge and Call of Juarez Gunslinger while grinding ISWB but i made only small progress like 2 speedruns completed in Mirror's Edge and a couple of failed attempts on the 3rd speedrun. Started the time trials dlc and unlocked the easy trophies for parcour. The U-Turn trophy was very difficult, it took me almost 2 hours to get :( the others were much easier and took like a minute or so :D i feel like i never unlock all trophies but i haven't really tried at the time trials yet but the dlc is supposed to be harder than the base game ones ?

In Call of Juarez Gunslinger i finished 2 arcade missions with 3 stars and failed the 4th arcade mission a couple of times (just 2 instead of 3 stars). Sadly no new trophy for this little progress.

Spoiler

Unravel 2 1.98% :platinum:. Personal Progress: :platinum: 12th Nov 9

Worms Battlegrounds 0.46% ?. Personal Progress: 100% :platinum: 23rd Nov 19

Tower of Guns 2.07% ?. Personal Progress: 100%. 14th Mar 20

Drawful 2 1.25% ? Personal Progress: 100%. 3rd Apr 20

Outlast 1.07% ?. Personal Progress: 100%. 7th June 20

Four Sided Fantasy 2.02% ?. Personal Progress: 100%. 18th June 20

Batman Arkham Origins 1.05% for ?. Personal Progress: 100% :platinum:. 19th June 20

Dirt Rally 2.0 3.05% for :platinum: Personal Progress: 91% :platinum:. 19th June 20

Killing Floor 2 0.81% for ? Personal Progress: 100% :platinum:. 19th June 20

R.U.S.E. 0.57% :platinum:. Personal Progress: :platinum:. 19th June 20

Sniper Elite 4 0.83% for 1f4af.png. Personal Progress: 100% :platinum:. 19th June 20

Sniper Elite 3 4% for :platinum: Personal Progress: 87% :platinum:, 19th June 20

Grand Theft Auto 5 1.84%. 1f4af.png rarity: 0.53%. Personal Progress: 100% :platinum: 8th Sept 20

Trine 2 PS4 NA 1.69% :platinum: Personal Progress: :platinum: 20th Sept 20

Thief 3,28% :platinum: Personal Progress: :platinum: 27th Sept 20

Hoard 0.95% 1f4af.png. Personal Progress: 100% 22nd Oct 20

Red Dead Redemption 0.73% 1f4af.png . Personal Progress: 100% :platinum: 12th Nov 20

In Space We Brawl 0.48% ? Personal Progress: 100% 22nd Nov 20

Dishonored 0.26% for 1f4af.png. Personal Progress: 94% :platinum:

Ni No Kuni II Revenant Kingdom 1.02% for 1f4af.png. Personal Progress: 89% :platinum:

X-Morph Defense 4.84% :platinum:

Mirror's Edge 2.97% for :platinum: 0.66% for 1f4af.png. Personal Progress: 58% --> 67% towards 1f4af.png

Wet 3.92% :platinum: Personal Progress: 60%

EA Sports UFC 2 1.69% :platinum: Personal Progress: 8%

Call of Juarez Gunslinger 2.05%. Personal Progress: 85%

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did not stay focused on UR cleanup this year and thus did not accomplish what I had set out to.  That said, I did complete four URs.  Chipping away at the backlog will be an ongoing saga.  There are still 15 obtainable URs in-work.

Completed in 2020 (4):

Injustice: Gods Among Us [EU] (0.15%)

Ark: Survival Evolved (3.10%)

Yakuza 0 (3.84%)

Dead Rising (4.28%)

In-Work (15):

NASCAR Heat 3 (4.42%) - 98% complete

Fire Pro Wrestling World (1.30%) - 96% complete

NCAA Football 14 (0.63%) - 94% complete

Mortal Blitz (2.80%) - 84% complete

WWE 2K16 (0.73%) - 82% complete

Soul Calibur V (2.76%) - 65% complete

RIGS: Mechanized Combat League (0.73%) - 45% complete

Street Fighter V (1.18%) - 40% complete

Knowledge Is Power (2.22%) - 36% complete

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (4.34%) - 32% complete

Farpoint (0.35%) - 21% complete

Sid Meier's Civilization VI (3.82%) - 15% complete

NCAA Football 11 (2.98%) - 12% complete

Call of Duty: Black Ops (4.07%) - 11% complete

Grand Theft V (1.94%) - 7% complete

Completed Pre-2020 (15):

Injustice: Gods Among Us [NA] (0.13%)

Call of Duty: Black Ops III (0.75%)

WWE 2K17 (0.81%)

7 Days to Die (0.92%)

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (1.21%)

Mortal Kombat X (1.76%)

That's You (1.82%)

WWE 2K19 (2.02%)

Star Wars Battlefront (2.14%)

Tropico 5 (2.27%)

Injustice 2 (2.31%)

Madden NFL 17 (2.38%)

Star Trek Bridge Crew (3.67%)

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (4.40%)

Star Wars Battlefront II (4.57%)

Unobtainable (12):

Resistance 2 (2.00%) - 89% complete (max)

WWE 2K15 (1.57%) - 86% complete (max)

Madden NFL 16 (0.90%) - 74% complete

WWE 2K18 (0.96%) - 60% complete

NCAA Football 10 (2.19%) - 50% complete

WWE 13 (0.48%) - 44% complete

WWE 12 (4.66%) - 40% complete

NCAA Football 12 (1.97%) - 26% complete

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 (4.03%) - 19% complete

MLB The Show 10 (0.06%) - 2% complete

Lord of the Rings: Conquest (3.71%) - 1% complete

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (0.90%) - 1% complete

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sister visited from interstate for Christmas, so I made sure to train her up in Geometry Wars for the couch co-op trophies, finally got that plat. Don’t think I’ll have another UR over the next few days, so see you all next year if you joined the 2021 Cleanup.

Completed games:

PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds

Super Meat Boy

Sniper Elite 4

Dragonball Fighterz 

Max Payne 3

Geometry Wars 3

• Like 1

Managed to get 3 more games completed since my last update, and it doesn't look like I'll be getting anymore by the end of the year either:

Super Street Fighter IV
The Division
Trackmania Turbo

Less UR games were completed this year compared to last, but at least I managed to haul in a few good quality plats/100%'s. I won't be joining the 2021 event so good luck to everyone involved.

• Like 3

Well, my last post in this thread. I constantly changed my first post, but whatever. That's the fun!. Anyway, here is my final list, with comments:

1. Rainbow Moon - Ugh. I really hated this game. But this event was nice to finally get it off by back. (Difficulty: 3/10; Fun Factor: 2/10)
  2. Warriors All-Stars - Wow. A Warriors game that doesn't overstay its welcome! Although some guides estimate 100 hours, it only takes around 40 or so. (Difficulty: 2/10; Fun Factor: 8/10)
  3. Anodyne - I feel like a trailblazer for this one. Lots more people have finished it since I did, but I'd like to think that some of my posts on the board helped. Maybe. (Difficulty: 5/10; Fun Factor: 8/10)
  4. Xenon Valkyrie - Doesn't really count, as a lot of people were cheating this game on Vita, so it wasn't UR at the time of my first post. But whatever - I make my own rules here. (Difficulty: 4/10; Fun Factor: 9/10)
  5. Atari Flashback Collection, Vol. 1 - Pretty proud of this one. Even with save scumming, it's not trivial. (Difficulty: 7/10; Fun Factor: 7/10)
  6. Grand Kingdom - A fun game that was poorly supported. The plat is impossible now. (Difficulty: 4/10; Fun factor: 7/10)
  7. Akiba's Beat - This one went back and forth between being UR and VR, but seems to have stabilized a bit at UR. Better than advertised. (Difficulty: 4/10; Fun Factor:7/10)
  8. Joe Dever's Lone Wolf - A real diamond in the rough. There's a great plat guide here for it. (Difficulty: 6/10; Fun Factor: 9/10)
  9. Dead Cells - A really fun game. I'm surprised the plat rarity is so low. It's a hard game, but save scumming is literally built into the game for this one. (Difficulty: 5/10; Fun Factor: 8/10)
  10. Gal*Gun Double Peace - Plenty of fan service, but the game itself is decent. The plat is really annoying, though. (Difficulty: 4/10; Fun Factor: 6/10)
  11. Ziggurat - Now, this was a pretty tough game. Fun game, too. (Difficulty: 8/10; Fun Factor: 8/10)

That's my year in URs. 

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1