Ultra Rare Cleanup 2020

On 1/6/2020 at 6:48 AM, Vergil said:

Adding Darius Burst also. Since i "only" have the hardest trophy left :1f602.png 

Good luck on your QUZ run! Do you have the burst counter cut-in method down? Because I didn't and it made Heavy Gluttons in route U a bit more of a pain in the ass than he probably could've been.

As for an update from me, I'm currently working on the hell that is called the Super Gravitron in VVVVVV where you have to try and last 1 minute (feels like an eternity) dodging and "dancing" around numerous flying obstacles in a somewhat small space. My current best is around 44 seconds and gradually increasing so I'm hoping to get this one down soon.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lumi said:

Good luck on your QUZ run! Do you have the burst counter cut-in method down? Because I didn't and it made Heavy Gluttons in route U a bit more of a pain in the ass than he probably could've been.

After the Eye of the hawk i haven't really played it. Have a bad habit of just leaving a game and starting a new one lol

Quick update from my part... I guess we agreed that a game needs to have at least one UR trophy for it to count (otherwise many 100% completions would count), so my Alienation 100% doesn't count ?

Didn't play over the holidays as I was out of town, so Pier Solar is still sitting at 88%, I should go back to it, maybe next week.

Otherwise, I started Superhot VR! I finished the game blind and in one sitting in 1.5 hours, so it's a really short game. Did the Hardcore challenge, which wasn't too bad, and got all miscellaneous trophies but the one for burning 1000 calories ? I guess that one will come naturally at some point. 

I need to do the remaining challenges, which I hear can be pretty tough, but we'll see ?

• Like 3

On ‎08‎.‎01‎.‎2020 at 7:11 AM, Vergil said:

After the Eye of the hawk i haven't really played it. Have a bad habit of just leaving a game and starting a new one lol

Is there a way to track all variants for Eye of the Hawk and how did you approach the trophy; during your CS mode run or after you finished all missions? (btw. Burst Counters are Laser Beam Counters right? So I need to play with Formula?)

I am still struggling with the game  .. do you have any tips for CS mode? I think using my own ship-"set" can be way easier than playing with the pre-set ships?

Edited by Mori

2 hours ago, Mori said:

Is there a way to track all variants for Eye of the Hawk and how did you approach the trophy; during your CS mode run or after you finished all missions? (btw. Burst Counters are Laser Beam Counters right? So I need to play with Formula?)

I am still struggling with the game  .. do you have any tips for CS mode? I think using my own ship-"set" can be way easier than playing with the pre-set ships?

No sadly no way of tracking. Only thing you can do is copy this list 

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/dariusburst-chronicle-saviours/297359-dariusburst-chronicle-saviours-guide-supplement-thread.html

And cross over the bosses. I suggest you don't progress until you sure you have done every new boss you face. 

Use Murakumo on CS mode. With that ship you auto counter. Just remember you need to kill the boss with counter. 

The final bosses are in AC mode. There you can't pick Murakumo. But again just read that amazing thread from @ThanatosNinja2

Edited by Vergil
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 7:56 AM, Mori said:

I am still struggling with the game  .. do you have any tips for CS mode?

On 1/9/2020 at 10:19 AM, Vergil said:

Use Murakumo on CS mode. With that ship you auto counter.

To go in to a bit more detail on using the Murakumo, and you may have found out about its other great ability that it has already when you first attain it, but just incase you haven't like I did at first, it has a charge shot that blows ships to thy kingdom come with a powerful splash damage that finishes off surrounding multiple enemies instantly. You can just spam this attack and it makes most stages much easier.

On 1/9/2020 at 7:56 AM, Mori said:

I think using my own ship-"set" can be way easier than playing with the pre-set ships?

Yes, this is definitely the way to go. And on your way grinding these stages to the end, you'll get more efficient on knowing how much armor to bring each stage.

And yes, read up on ThanatosNinja2's guide if you haven't already. Very useful. 

• Like 1

Another one in the bag !

1. Mortal Kombat XL (100% + DLC) - rarity 1.95%, 100% completed :platinum: 

2. Mortal Kombat - rarity 0.62%, 54% -> 60% (online complete)

3. Skullgirls 2nd Encore - rarity 0.91%, 74% completed

4. Guilty Gear Xrd Sign - rarity 1.13%, 100% completed :platinum: 

5. Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator - rarity 1.51% , 100% completed :platinum: 

6. Injustice Gods Among Us - rarity 0.12%, 82% completed (online complete)

7. Mount and Blade Warband - rarity 1.17%, 31% completed (online complete)

8. Slain: Back From Hell - rarity 3.68%, 12% completed

9. Fist of the North Star : Lost Paradise - rarity 4.60%, 84% completed

10. Blur - Rarity 1.60%, 8% completed -> 17%->20%-> 38%(online complete)

11. Mirror's Edge - Rarity 3.03%, 5% completed

12. Batman Arkham City(PS3) - Rarity 4.76%, 3% completed

13. Lords of the Fallen - Rarity 4.35%, 7% completed

14. Death's Gambit - Rarity 4.86% , 3% completed

15. Batman Arkham Origins - Rarity 2.02%, 1% completed -> 14%(online complete)

16. Darkstalkers Resurrection - Rarity 0.84%, 0% -> 4%(online complete)

17. Broforce - Rarity 0.47%(no plat), 19% completed 

18. Samurai Shodown VI - Rarity 1.55% (no plat), 30% completed 

19. The Disney Afternoon Collection - Rarity 4.22% (no plat), 0 % completed

Bonus Round :

20. Super Street Fighter 4 - rarity 0.60% , 67% completed

21. Street Fighter 5 - rarity 1.37%, 53% completed

22. Overwatch Origins Edition - rarity 1.89%, 23% completed

23. Catherine - Rarity 1.29%, 1% completed

24. Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 - Rarity 1.71%, 39% completed[PLATINUM UNOBTAINABLE]

25. Furi - Rarity 1.55% , 0% completed

Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN was a chore to platinum. Very bad online, challenges were no joke and MOM mode was one atrocious grind. Despite all that, I actually enjoyed the game (since well, it's Guilty Gear). It's what you'd expect from a japanese fighting game allright!

Ok, will have to take a break with some easy games (most likely Far Cry 3 and Skyrim) and after that I got 2 games under my radar : Injustice 1 and Fist of the North Star. Slowly getting into "oh god why" territory xD 

That's it for now , see ya next update!

• Like 2

Impossible mode on Xcom done. Really wasn't so bad at all in the end, I expected it to be much more of a pain. Anyways, 2 more runs on easy and 1 trophy on classic for the plat now. Slowly but surely getting there. 

Current progress:

VVVVVV, 0.28% - 90% completed

Cloudberry Kingdom, 0.10% - 90% completed

Nuclear Throne, 0.43% - 50% completed

Badland, 0.03% - 43% completed

Mortal Kombat, 0.62% - 100% completed

Dead or Alive 5, 0.51% - 91% completed

BattleFantasia, 0.62% - 87% completed

Trials Fusion, 0.11% - 84% completed

Retro/Grade, 0.34% - 80% completed

The Guided Fate Paradox, 1.77% - 62% completed

Xcom: Enemy Unknown, 0.96% - 91% completed (Base game only, dlc delisted)

EDF 4.1, 0.88% - 11% completed

Hard Corps Uprising, 0.45% - 0% completed

Edited by zajac9999
  • Like 3

1L1d89fc.png

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition (4.19%) 

Completed my second UR of the event with this Harvest Moon re-release (can't really call it a remaster when they literally changed nothing from the PS2 edition, besides the addition of trophies). I've been a huge fan of the HM series every since I was little. Mostly played it on handheld consoles (PSP, Gameboy, DS), once on GameCube. Never did get into it on home consoles, & this one wasn't any different. After about 20 minutes of starting I switched to remote play on the Vita. Played it the whole way through like that, it's just weird on a big screen. 

Still working on Disgaea 4: about 55% of ship parts obtained now. I've mostly been working on leveling equipment after my encounter with Baal. Basically, couldn't even leave the base panel without being instantly killed by the enemy. At least I've finally finished all of the X-dimension stages. 

On deck: 

• {Vita} Deception IV: Blood Ties (1.00%) 
  • {Vita} Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (1.69%)
  • {Vita} Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky (3.06%)
  • {PS3} Tales of Symphonia (2.72%) 

Completed:

1. {Vita} Rainbow Moon (4.82%) 
  2. {PS4}Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition (4.19%)
  • Like 3

Made good progress in Batman Arkham Origins. Finished the story and most of the optional stuff too (Collectibles, Most Wanted Missions, Gotham Protector Challenges, Shadow Vigilante Challenges, Greatest Detective Challenges). As i'm going through NG+ i focus on Worst Nightmare Challenges (12/15 done). Those aren't difficult but can only be done in Predator Story Encounters and that's why it's difficultier than the other 3 categories). After the playthrough is done i'll head into NG++ which feels annoying already...

Btw i decided to change my list to UR Plats or include games that have at least one UR trophy while being at less than 5% average for all trophies...

Unravel 2 1.98%. Personal Progress: :platinum: 12th Nov 19

Worms Battlegrounds 0.46%. Personal Progress: 100% :platinum: 23rd Nov 19

X-Morph Defense 4.84%

Mirror's Edge 0.66%. Personal Progress: 51%

Batman Arkham Origins 1.05%. Personal Progress: 53% --> 77%

Tower of Guns 2.07%. Personal Progress: 4%

Dishonored 0.26%. Personal Progress: 87%

Ni No Kuni II Revenant Kingdom 1.02%. Personal Progress: 19%

Wet 3.92%. Personal Progress: 15%

R.U.S.E. 0.57%. Personal Progress: 60%

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

A small update:

So...I royally screwed up my No Death Mode run earlier today...TWICE at the final stage, among the many tries it took to get there. The first time I reached there and failed, I died at one of the harder parts (at 'Dial M For Murder' where you have to maneuver in a zig-zag like pattern in between 5 flying projectiles coming at you) of the stage. Ok, a bit understandable here, but the second time I died though? It was at a much easier part (forgot the name of it, but it was at the last vertical scrolling part) where I flipped into a spike that could have easily been avoidable. I would have been only 2 screens away (and easy parts too) from beating this mode if I would have passed that part.

Pretty gut wrenching but at least I know I'm getting very close to attaining this last trophy.

1 hour ago, Lumi said:

A small update:

So...I royally screwed up my No Death Mode run earlier today...TWICE at the final stage, among the many tries it took to get there. The first time I reached there and failed, I died at one of the harder parts (at 'Dial M For Murder' where you have to maneuver in a zig-zag like pattern in between 5 flying projectiles coming at you) of the stage. Ok, a bit understandable here, but the second time I died though? It was at a much easier part (forgot the name of it, but it was at the last vertical scrolling part) where I flipped into a spike that could have easily been avoidable. I would have been only 2 screens away (and easy parts too) from beating this mode if I would have passed that part.

Pretty gut wrenching but at least I know I'm getting very close to attaining this last trophy.

Wow, awful haha. I know exactly the parts that you mean. The second one in particular must of hurt. I don't want to rub it in more so I won't say anything else about it haha. I have a pretty consistent method for Dial M for Murder, but I don't play the game enough to have success in the no death run yet. I usually play on the train to work, not really an atmosphere conducive to the sort of focus I'd need to be successful. I wanted to get the game done as a sort of secondary effort, but I guess at some stage I'll have to make it my priority as I currently die in silly ways most of the time. I'm yet to pass the gravitron on a no death run, although I can do it reasonably often as a single level. Gravitron and final level are the ones I'd like to be more consistent at, so I'll practice them a bit more.

Anyways, good luck lol. I'm sure you'll have it very soon from the sounds of it. 

5 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

I wanted to get the game done as a sort of secondary effort, but I guess at some stage I'll have to make it my priority as I currently die in silly ways most of the time. I'm yet to pass the gravitron on a no death run, although I can do it reasonably often as a single level. Gravitron and final level are the ones I'd like to be more consistent at, so I'll practice them a bit more.

That's how most of my runs are as I die in parts I've passed many times already. And so far out of the 10 or so times I reached the gravitron during a no death run, I've managed to pass that part only 3 times (twice today and also once yesterday, but then died at the warp zone right after). The final level is also another level that I get a little concerned about too (maybe even a little bit more than the gravitron) since that stage has many parts that require a bit more precision, and also where the nerves tend to spike up more for me.

28 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

Anyways, good luck lol. I'm sure you'll have it very soon from the sounds of it. 

Thanks. Good luck to you as well when you get back to it.

• Like 1

Alright, after finishing two non-UR games I made some progress for the event as well ?

Green - Completed 

Blue - In Progress

S58a3b9.png The End is Nigh

S2a2132.png Death's Gambit - 4.77%

S55ee21.png Enter the Gungeon 

Sd619bd.png Divinity: Original Sin II 

Sfdd16f.png Nex Machina

Sce3d6a.png Pier Solar and the Great Architects

S621d3a.png Lumo - 0.69%

S6de254.png Superhot VR - 0.62%

S148dc0.png Trials Fusion

S4f18b6.png Badland

Superhot VR looks like a shooter, but is a puzzle game at its core. Time only flows when you move, and so it is about observing the situation and acting to come out alive. The main game itself is pretty short, and replayability comes from the several challenges: Complete each level as fast as possible (in real time), complete each level with headshots only, without guns, etc... Some of those can be pretty tricky, too. 

Overall a pretty fun VR title... 

I think I'll try to finish Pier Solar next, haven't touched that one since before Christmas ? Also, I might swap some of the games on the list... I recently bought XCOM 2 (literally yesterday), and I have WipeOut: Omega Collection on PS+... We'll see! 

• Like 4

You got a LOT of hard games @Arcesius.

I'm just curious what exactly compels you to go after these hard games.

For me personally, I like to pick a variety of easy, medium, and "some" hard games. I generally don't go after hard games because if you've looked at my status updates, I rant a lot if something doesn't go my way for several hours.

You on the other hand keep your cool and conceal your feelings. I mean you're going after one of the hardest games on PSN (Crypt of the Necrodancer). I have neither the patience nor the skill to make real headway on something like that, probably don't have the time anymore.

So in this sense, you have my respect.

Edited by Spaz

35 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You got a LOT of hard games @Arcesius.

I'm just curious what exactly compels you to go after these hard games.

For me personally, I like to pick a variety of easy, medium, and "some" hard games. I generally don't go after hard games because if you've looked at my status updates, I rant a lot if something doesn't go my way for several hours.

You on the other hand keep your cool and conceal your feelings. I mean you're going after one of the hardest games on PSN (Crypt of the Necrodancer). I have neither the patience nor the skill to make real headway on something like that, probably don't have the time anymore.

So in this sense, you have my respect.

I think its more that you rant a lot more than most, rather than him keeping particularly cool lol.