Worst Game on Ps4 You Ever Played

terminatorx0606

10 minutes ago, Lordidude said:

Ratchet and Clank Remake. 

The pain is very emotional with this one. 

I can't believe how big of a dump they shat on one of my favorite franchises. 

And why is that? Do we have to take a wild guess? Shitting out comments like this without any reason is pretty pointless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoulCaliburGOD said:

And why is that? Do we have to take a wild guess? Shitting out comments like this without any reason is pretty pointless.

You are right I should have explained. 

This video sums it up so thoroughly I could never replicate it via text. 

It covers all the points I hated and then some. 

• Like 2

Not sure if this counts but Fallout 76 is definitely up there for worst game for me. It's not so much that its a terrible game but you kind of expect a certain game when it comes to the Fallout series and this was nowhere near what I expected. It's an easy game to finish and I still couldn't bring myself to finishing it. 

Another game that I hated but for some reason everyone else loved it, would definitely be Fortnite.

• Like 2

Gotta go for Killzone Shadow Fall. First than all because I was never a great fan of first person shooters, actually, I never played a Killzone game before, but after just few hours of gameplay, I just gave up, its not the kind of game I enjoy.

On the other side, Destiny. I was enjoying the game until the last DLC came up, and Bungie was almost literally forcing the players to get it, otherwise most of half content of the game will be restricted for you. So, at least I refused to buy the last expansion.

Other than those ones, I liked all of them, but in very different ways.

On 5/28/2020 at 3:48 AM, Lordidude said:

Edit:

Here's a brief summary that covers what I don't like thoroughly. 

I found the game to be amazing honestly. Don’t really see any reason to hate the game.

As for the worst ps4 game I played, it’s easily Table Top Racing.

59 minutes ago, Mathology12 said:

I found the game to be amazing honestly. Don’t really see any reason to hate the game.

There aren't any valid reasons as far as I can tell, people who hate the game usually are on a very serious and salty nostalgia train because the new game is different, seen it many times with many remakes, most recently Final Fantasy 7, different is always bad for some people, as they never wanted a remake to begin with but a remaster. I even somewhat understand it, as someone who has played the original Ratched and Clank I was also a bit annoyed by some creative decisions they made, most noticeably with the last boss being different and character personalities being nothing like in the original, though I find it very harsh and downright nonsensical to consider it the worst PS4 game ever because a remake took some liberties and changed a few things, its still an amazing game to play and look at, but people have different priorities I guess.

Edited by Nighcisama

4 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

There aren't any valid reasons as far as I can tell, people who hate the game usually are on a very serious and salty nostalgia train because the new game is different, seen it many times with many remakes, most recently Final Fantasy 7, different is always bad for some people, as they never wanted a remake to begin with but a remaster. I even somewhat understand it, as someone who has played the original Ratched and Clank I was also a bit annoyed by some creative decisions they made, most noticeably with the last boss being different and character personalities being nothing like in the original, though I find it very harsh and downright nonsensical to consider it the worst PS4 game ever because a remake took some liberties and changed a few things, its still an amazing game to play and look at, but people have different priorities I guess.

Your statement shows me that without explanation my opinion seems out of nowhere.

Peculiar how it works because I have found not a single aspect of the game that was better than the original - most were way worse and in my opinion terrible decisions were made:

Graphics

The graphics look "nice" and shiny in the screenshots but the heavy use of motion blur and 30fps makes it quite ugly to look at when in motion. The original had slick 60fps.

Another point is the art direction - R&C1 looked a little bit grimm, the design of the weapons (improvised, like craftsmen made them) underlined the universe the game plays in. Combine that with the fuzzy CRT look that the menus and weapon wheel give it's a nice harmony. I really don't like the blurry graphics with heavy use of bloom.

Music

There is no contest here. The "epic orchestral" music from the remake is very forgettable and lacks any substance. It's generic and bland.

R&C1 had a great soundtrack in many stages. It baffles my mind why they didn't include an updated version of the original soundtrack.

Gameplay

This is fine I guess, the controls are smoother than on a PS2 I give them that. Still lacks the 60fps which makes the game replayable imho.

Story & Character

This is the biggest nose dive. The game is called Ratchet and Clank but they do not interact at all. There is no bonding, no conflict, no jokes, no teasing nothing. They just meet and are best friends after seeing each other because they are the protagonists.

R&C1 didn't have the best story but it was way better than it had any right to be. The characters first don't like each other and have different goals but through the means of working together they see the value in each other and bond. Ratchet wanted to leave his planet and wanted to explore the universe. He never wanted to be a "hero" or something. He grew into it and saw his importance.

This is so basic I can't believe they failed at this. In the remake there is none of this. It's just a "There's the bad guys and I want to be a hero" spiel.

Pretty ironic that a game who bashed consumerism and greed that much came the very thing it was making fun of: A bland, made for the masses game with no substance - add to that a tie in movie designed to sell toys to children.

Your example with FF7R does not work here.

I don't dislike R&C remake because "it's different". It's because all the changes were making the game far worse than what it was before.

If they changed the type of game completely that would not be a problem. But they decided to remake their origin story but show none of it. It's very disappointing.

If you are interested in more and thoroughly illustrated points take a look at the video I posted. It's very lengthy but a great analysis on why the remake is inferior.

Edited by Lordidude
  • Like 3

On 28-5-2020 at 10:48 AM, Lordidude said:

Edit:

Here's a brief summary that covers what I don't like thoroughly. 

If you are absolutely serious about Ratchet & Clank being the worst (WTF) PS4 game you have ever played, then count yourself lucky you haven't played any actual bad games. I'd happily play this one any day over some of the actual genuine crap I've had to sift through over the years.

I thought Ratchet & Clank was just fine. Nothing groundbreaking, but still had a lot of fun with it. And yes, I played the original games too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

If you are absolutely serious about Ratchet & Clank being the worst (WTF) PS4 game you have ever played, then count yourself lucky you haven't played any actual bad games. I'd happily play this one any day over some of the actual genuine crap I've had to sift through over the years.

I plated it too just because I never want to return to it again.

The quality is not the worst but the sheer disappointment in what was done to the franchise is so immense that it overshadows other flawed games easily.

10 hours ago, Tabithathecat00 said:

Fallout 76

I know that game constantly gets hate but... It was just so bad the last time I played it. Constant server crashes, boring questline, no NPC's around to interact with, etc. I think that I heard that Bethesda fixed most of the issues by now but even so, I just can't bring myself to go back to that game because of how disappointed I was with it when I played it around release.

For Honor

My (ex) boyfriend begged me to play it with him one night so I ended up installing it and it was definitely the most frustrating online experience I had. I'm sure it's fun once you get the hang of it but I dunno man, I just didn't enjoy it for some reason. 

Fe

I was browsing the PSN store and I was looking through the deals section, I saw that "Fe" was $3 or so and the art style caught my eye. So I bought it.

The game could have been better... The controls are just so bad and it gets boring really fast. I got the Platinum on it but it was definitely the most boring Plat I ever went for. 

I am glad that I am not the only one who was upset with Fallout 76. I agree with everything you mentioned. Especially the part about how boring it is with no NPS anywhere to be found. The NPC's were half the fun in the Fallout game series. They always had some funny comment or ridiculous attitude. Plus being able to save your game and go "postal" on the town just to satisfy your frustration with the fact that none of them will listen and the Death Claw are coming and they will all die. Only to reload your game and wash the sin of your deeds away.

I totally missed that For Honor game. That was terrible. For the first time in gaming history, I actually found the campaign worse then the online play. I can't count how many hours I wasted trying to get through the campaign only to fail. The check points were horrendous. God I hate that game.

Sorry, I never played the game Fe. I guess that's a good thing. lol

• Like 1

Murdered: Soul Suspect

This was just so janky and dull. The "stealth" segments where you have to hide from the hostile ghosts were particularly bad and the investigation stuff wasn't much better. I bought the game because ehh, 2 euros on a sale seemed like a steal, but you get what you pay for, I guess.

Armikrog

I like point and click adventures and consider myself to have a reasonable tolerance for obtuse puzzles, but boy was I mistaken with this one. Everything just seemed so nonsensical and operating on some kind of bizarro logic.

Operation7 Revolution

This is a game that probably not many have heard of as It was only available on AS PSN Stores. First of all to be able to play that game from any other regions, I had to make an account tied to any East Asian countries (Hong Kong preferably) and download the game for free to be able to play it on my OG account. (Servers are Shutdown btw)  The game's engine is very similar to CS:GO and Multiplayer Only, but a huge downfall. I was in a boosting team of 3-4 to knock off every trophy in the game, and some of the trophies was absolutely bizarre (For Example: Kill 50 Enemies by shooting their right forearm) and the descriptions was misleading and made me think it was entered in Google Translate. This is probably the worst FPS game I've ever laid my hands on

Dangerous Driving

This game reminded me a lot from Burnout 3: Takedown which was one of my childhood games from Xbox hence why I platinum this game. The main goal is to get gold medals on every single event and the issue I've come across are for the mostly AI. Lets say you are ahead by miles from your opponents and whenever you crash.. the AI always goes ahead of you no matter how far you were ahead of them before you crashed. However if the AI crash they don't fall back as much as yourself. It was a lot of frustrations upon this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AgamemnonSR said:

Murdered: Soul Suspect

This was just so janky and dull. The "stealth" segments where you have to hide from the hostile ghosts were particularly bad and the investigation stuff wasn't much better. I bought the game because ehh, 2 euros on a sale seemed like a steal, but you get what you pay for, I guess.

Absolutely. I completely forgot about this game. I started it and struggled to get into it. I had to put it down and then force myself to finish it months later just to get it off my backlog list. The whole game was terrible especially the parts you mentioned about the investigation and the ghost/ enemy interaction. What really got me upset was the ending. God, what a terrible game.

Just now, StressEater said:

Absolutely. I completely forgot about this game. I started it and struggled to get into it. I had to put it down and then force myself to finish it months later just to get it off my backlog list. The whole game was terrible especially the parts you mentioned about the investigation and the ghost/ enemy interaction. What really got me upset was the ending. God, what a terrible game.

I quit 3-4 hours into it because it was just boring me to death. The game popped back into mind when I played Batman: The Enemy Within earlier this month, and got to wondering if MSS had been better as a shorter, walking simulator or Telltale kind of affair instead of this weird muddle it turned out to be (I really enjoyed both the TT Batmans).

25 minutes ago, AgamemnonSR said:

I quit 3-4 hours into it because it was just boring me to death. The game popped back into mind when I played Batman: The Enemy Within earlier this month, and got to wondering if MSS had been better as a shorter, walking simulator or Telltale kind of affair instead of this weird muddle it turned out to be (I really enjoyed both the TT Batmans).

If you liked the TT Batman (which was pretty good), if you have not yet, you may want to check out the TT Borderlands. That one was a lot of fun. I felt like they really stepped it up with that game.

21 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

AereA. This game proved that looks can be deceiving and that you get what you pay for

Oh crap, I took a shot at this game but hated it as well. You just reminded me that I have to go back and finish it. ?

Beyond Eyes

Spoiler

it not a bad game but  the story itself to personal. I just lost my cat past Dec and the game itself about little blind girl going in search for this orange cat she befriend, just to find out it past away. 

I watch a lot of playstation access on youtube and have seen them talk about Nino Kuni 2 loads, so I decided to give it a go, it was my first ever jrpg I had ever played and I absolutely fell in love with it and got the platinum after putting in 100 hours, I decided to try other jrpg's and secrets of mana looked pretty similar but it was just awful compared to nino kuni 2 so I'm counting that as the worst game, but I saw a post talking about dangerous driving up the forum a little bit and I agree that is truly awful

I don't remember if I wrote in here, but I can repeat myself again:

FALLOUT 4

OH MY GOD this is probably worst game I ever played. I hate myself for doing 100% on it, but jeez at least I had some fun laughing at game story and characters. Everyone in this game are unbelievable stupid, story is obsolete shit, there are only 2 types of quests out there: "Go to X and wipe out everyone" or "Go to X and bring me Y item". Holy shit is that all game can offer? Yeah, you can also collect garbage and build stuff. Even playing on Survival difficulty didn't changed much, everyone still dies from 1-2 hits on late levels. That is all. Game of the year.

Fallout New Vegas is much-much better than Fallout 4 puke.

• Like 1