Worst Game on Ps4 You Ever Played

terminatorx0606

On 16/08/2021 at 11:21 PM, SKiL_Clash said:

Assassins Creed III for me. Granted the mechanics for fighting were a lot better and cooler than the Ezio Collection.  But my god how much I just wanted to kill Connor because of how much he just complains about the war. But yet he still helps them. Literally made no sense in my opinion.

? With you on Conner, man - worst protagonist they’ve done by a country mile. I felt more connection to the character I was controlling during my Tofu playthroughs of Resident Evil 2!

Ezios story was far superior than any other assassins creed game I’ve played so far. 

He’s great, though I will say, they have some other great ones - Evie in Syndicate, and Kassandra in Odyssey are both good, as is Edward Kenway in Black Flag and Aveline in Liberation is great - though the game is a bit ropey at times.

TBH, they never get even close to as bad as Conner, with the possible exception of Alexios in Odyssey - but he is optional 

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Worst one that comes to mind is Where the Bees Make Honey.  That game was absolutely terrible, like rivaling Atari's ET game terrible.  I had the thought about halfway through it that it must have been made by someone in like a graphics design course as their mid year project that resulted in them failing the program or something LOL.  It was so bad that even when they released the free DLC for it and added a couple more trophies it still wasn't worth the 5 minutes to redownload it and obtain them.

For me it is Super Street: the Game, simply because of poor design choices. I mean, why even bother making a online multiplayer feature with AWFUL matchmaking, and, just to add insult to injury, that NO ONE seems to be playing? It has been two full years trying to find players to do the boring online trophies with no luck, and that keep my platinum at bay... Maybe I will get there, maybe. But losing hope already. 

17 minutes ago, felatio_deltoro said:

Worst one that comes to mind is Where the Bees Make Honey.  That game was absolutely terrible, like rivaling Atari's ET game terrible.  I had the thought about halfway through it that it must have been made by someone in like a graphics design course as their mid year project that resulted in them failing the program or something LOL.  It was so bad that even when they released the free DLC for it and added a couple more trophies it still wasn't worth the 5 minutes to redownload it and obtain them.

You sir are my hero for managing to get the online trophies. 

13 minutes ago, Rizzie-Nino said:

For me it is Super Street: the Game, simply because of poor design choices. I mean, why even bother making a online multiplayer feature with AWFUL matchmaking, and, just to add insult to injury, that NO ONE seems to be playing? It has been two full years trying to find players to do the boring online trophies with no luck, and that keep my platinum at bay... Maybe I will get there, maybe. But losing hope already. 

You sir are my hero for managing to get the online trophies. 

Hahah it only took me a couple weeks playing casually to finish the main trophies, then about 6-7 months of digging and posting online to finally find 3 other people to get the online trophies with together.  Was quite tedious to say the least, glad to finally have it off my list.

I would be willing to re-download it to help you out with them, and could put some feelers out with the 3 swell fellas that I played with over the weekend to see if they wouldn't mind helping one more polish it off.  Wouldn't be very friendly if I didn't at least offer to help keep that impressive completion percentage going haha just let me know :)

On 10/28/2019 at 7:25 PM, HarbingerCZ said:

Dragon Fin Soup, Driveclub, Futuridium EP Deluxe, Tower of Guns, Ether One ... but the worst game was Aaru's Awaking...

Ether one gameplay is awful & glitchy but Honestly the soundtracks are good ?.

Edited by Hysteria

10 minutes ago, felatio_deltoro said:

Hahah it only took me a couple weeks playing casually to finish the main trophies, then about 6-7 months of digging and posting online to finally find 3 other people to get the online trophies with together.  Was quite tedious to say the least, glad to finally have it off my list.

I would be willing to re-download it to help you out with them, and could put some feelers out with the 3 swell fellas that I played with over the weekend to see if they wouldn't mind helping one more polish it off.  Wouldn't be very friendly if I didn't at least offer to help keep that impressive completion percentage going haha just let me know :)

That would be awesome, I have a friend ready too. We need only two players!!! I sent you a friend request. 

14 hours ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

Right now, Oceanhorn because of the Fishy Sticks trophy.  

Nope, I'm gonna have to revised this.  The absolute worst game is Trine 3.  Picked it up and thought it might be like Trine 2, which was a nice storyline and graphics. NOPE. What a piece of trash and the controls keep flipping out for me so I had to restart.  What were the developers thinking?  Design a quick 1 week game and sell it to the masses?  POS!

Edited by DJ__Beatroot

- Police Chase: I expected to get some fun open world mission based driving games like the crash time games for the 360/PS3 but got a buggy mess with cutscenes that looked like they were drawn by someone who makes the pictures for coloring books instead. In addition, the game has an identity crisis. It plays clearly in a german landscape but the game would like to make you belive it plays in the US (Speakers with thick southern accents and things like: "Campsite Zur Heide"). It reminded me of the Phoenix Wright series only in terrible. And it is a 100% trophy list but has a trophy that is awarded for collecting all other trophies.

- Dreamfall Chapters: The marketing: The game plays in a fantasy world and science fiction version of the earth, both with many regions to travel to. The reality: Two small town hubs (generic fantasy town, generic science fiction town part) where the game plays for what feels like 75 or more % of its runtime. The developers also think it would be a good idea to hamfist (I hope its the right word, in germany we would say "mit dem Holzhammer") their politics in the story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Until late last year, I thought I thought it was impossible to beat certain Walking sims as the worst games imaginable but boy was I wrong, because I had yet to play anything by Breakthrough Gaming. The BG titles are all terrible but one stands above all of them as the single worst game on the PS4 IMO i.e. Welcome to the World of ZJ the Ball - this game is in a whole other universe of terrible, due to nauseatingly preachy nature of the tracing paper thin story (which is about as subtle as a sledgehammer to the nuts) and the fact that most of the "game" is just an advert for other terrible games by the same developer ?. Even though I only spent about 50p on this turkey, I still felt ripped off! The only reason I bought this stinker is because I'm a sucker for Visual Novels, plus figured it couldn't possibly be anywhere near as bad as that awful BG racing game I bought last year but I was very, very wrong about that!

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 10:12 PM, Cassylvania said:

The only games on my account I didn't like are Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Dead Synchronicity (because it was depressing), Spy Chameleon (because of the hit detection), and Bridge Constructor (because the mechanics are jank). I can forgive the latter three because they're simple indie games with one or two aspects that just don't appeal to me, but there is no forgiving the abomination that is SotTR. Worst game I've played in the last few years.

What didn't you like about Tomb Raider specifically?

I found it "ok". I bought it on a heavy sale (same as I did with the previous two) and just found it to be more of the same with some nice visuals, somewhat mindless collectathon gameplay and exploration, just enough of both for a bit of enjoyment (didn't finish it though).

I still think it's the worst of the reboot trilogy  and in turn the reboot trilogy the worst of all Tomb Raider, but I've definitely played and enjoyed much much worse.

Again though for arguments on the point of what they did to the series in a narrative perspective I agree - Laura got no character development at all, nor in the last game, and got the most basic of development in the first reboot - oh no I've been forced to kill someone now, so naturally I'm fine with becoming a Nathan drake level mass murderer for the sake of archeology.

1 hour ago, FeindlicheKrabbe said:

days gone ? 

I didn't find this too bad, but I played it after years of patches.

The open world gameplay was absolutely bog standard and nothing interesting (the hordes seemed cool until you worked out that a few bombs and fully ammo stocked assault rifle was the solution to absolutely all of them).

The story hooked me surprisingly well though. Can't remember too much of it now, but I recall really pushing through the side-quest slog because I wanted to see it to the end. Annoyed it cliffhanged though, because even if a sequel would happen, it would have to do a LOT different to consider itself worth playing, as the story maybe wouldn't be just enough for me if it's the same open world style.

On 8/20/2021 at 11:41 AM, reaperveteran86 said:

- Police Chase: I expected to get some fun open world mission based driving games like the crash time games for the 360/PS3 but got a buggy mess with cutscenes that looked like they were drawn by someone who makes the pictures for coloring books instead. In addition, the game has an identity crisis. It plays clearly in a german landscape but the game would like to make you belive it plays in the US (Speakers with thick southern accents and things like: "Campsite Zur Heide"). It reminded me of the Phoenix Wright series only in terrible. And it is a 100% trophy list but has a trophy that is awarded for collecting all other trophies.

- Dreamfall Chapters: The marketing: The game plays in a fantasy world and science fiction version of the earth, both with many regions to travel to. The reality: Two small town hubs (generic fantasy town, generic science fiction town part) where the game plays for what feels like 75 or more % of its runtime. The developers also think it would be a good idea to hamfist (I hope its the right word, in germany we would say "mit dem Holzhammer") their politics in the story.

Hamfist does work well. I think we'd normally say it was haphazardly put in or hamhandedly even, but ham-fisted almost sounds better.

• Like 1

I think the "worst" game I have played on PS4 is Aliens Fireteam.

I mean sure, even saying that, it's a decent game and I have had a lot of fun out of it. But it's a shit show of bugs, awful performance on PS4, glitched gameplay / trophies and well, basically just unfair gameplay experience when playing on a base PS4.

Of course though, there are hundreds if not thousands of truly awful "worst game game on ps4 you ever played" contenders. It's just that I have avoided playing any of them, because of course, they look terrible / are terrible so there's no way I would get duped into buying any of them.

God of War (2018)

I’m currently in a cycle where every four-to-six months I think “this is so well regarded/reviewed, I should play it” and I start it and just don’t enjoy a single thing about it. 

The characters/writing/voice acting are just so vapid and full of the worst cliches, the combat is the most bland and forgettable thing I’ve ever played. Invariably, I get to a point with the first boss/“visitor” to the cabin and can’t take another second of it so I delete it off my hard drive telling myself that’s it, forever.

Then months pass by and I see it on some Top 10 Games list or I see the off-the-charts hype for the sequel and I think “I must be wrong.”, “It was a really well crafted game”… I tell myself I’ll persevere, that I quit it too soon and I’m sure it will get good so I download it and start again but it’s just so intolerably boring. I’m four attempts in, I’m sure there will be a fifth after the next Ragnarok trailer/showcase but as someone fussy who only plays games I expect to be good God of War (2018) is by a long distance the worst game I’ve ever played on any console.

Edited by Tsundokuist

I’d have to make a list and think all of em, but I do have one.  MOP: Operation Cleanup, frustrating gameplay where you’re constantly moving in one direction with some moments where the direction you’re going changes, finicky jumping where it’s easy to overshoot and undershoot objects you have to get and/or avoid making completing certain missions harder than they should be, has the occasional frame jumping glitch (like it’ll stop and suddenly move to the next part quickly if that makes sense) despite the game being 2D.

But yeah, it’s the type of gameplay that can easily piss you off, it’s not challenging in a good way.

The Last Guardian

Despised this game with a passion and I should've known better as I didn't enjoy Shadow of the Colossus at all either. One of the only PS4 games I never beat and probably never will.

I'd put Death Stranding as a close second. Just another downright awful game that seems to exist simply to stroke Kojima's inflated ego rather than actually being a good, fun game to play. The game is so pretentious that it is almost sickening. 

2 hours ago, ThE_mAnIaC_417 said:

What didn't you like about Tomb Raider specifically?

Well, it's been a few years, but I actually really liked the 2013 reboot and thought Rise was OK. Shadow was just a slog. I hated Lara's character and her motivations. The world was too linear and everything felt like a set piece. I hated the disguise mechanic and how Lara would slowly walk through certain sections. It felt like I was playing a tech demo. There weren't enough combat sections and those that existed were not very good and the AI was awful. You could have Lara hide in a bush the entire time and just start amassing a huge pile of bodies. It did nothing to build upon the earlier entries, but it did a lot to tear them down. When a sequel makes me start to dislike the original, I think it's a good candidate for worst game.

That said, it's been three years and I'd like to change my answer. The worst game I've played on PS4 is Deiland. It's a headache simulator. The entire game takes place on a small rotating planet, similar to Mario Galaxy. That's a neat idea, but the camera is zoomed in too far and gave me motion sickness. The "gameplay" is essentially like a time-gated mobile game. You plant trees or crops and then wait real world time for them to grow. While you're waiting, you're constantly interrupted by monsters spawning or NPCs wanting to land on your planet. The monsters spawn every few minutes and HAVE to be killed. The NPCs also arrive every few minutes and let out a shrill cry to let you know they've arrived ("HEEEEY!"). You can't even enjoy the music because of this. It's one of the most tedious games I've ever played and I usually like games like this.