Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Remake 3 April 2020 in coming

DarkLordSHTR

Physical Versions of Resident Evil 3 Remake Can Be Postponed

38703ab0-dcda-4089-94f7-d092269168a4.jpg

Capcom warned that physical versions of the Resident Evil 3 remake could be delayed in Europe due to the corona virus.

According to Capcom, "Some European markets may experience delays in the delivery or availability of physical versions of the game."

"We follow legal regulations to ensure that we prioritize the safety of our players, employees and partners. We are in contact with our distributors and retail partners to make physical versions available."

The digital version will not be delayed. As planned, it will debut on PlayStation Store, Xbox Store and Steam on April 3.

Source

Played through the demo last night. Took my time and soaked in the environment. Had a great time! I hear RE: Resistance will have their open beta tomorrow available to play. Looking forward to playing and Platinuming this game. As a matter of fact, there was a leak of the trophy list and was posted on Powerpyx's website: https://www.powerpyx.com/resident-evil-3-remake-trophy-list/

but was taken down per Capcom. You can visit this link to see now: https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/03/22/resident-evil-3-remake-trophies/

I'm sure the trophies will hit the Sony server soon. Let's do this!

I played the demo a few minutes ago, and from my experience, it looks great, I enjoyed any minute of it that at the time it ended I actually remembered that I was playing a demo. I'm not the kinda guy who loves finding easter eggs or something similar. Now, I think it would be worth to pre-buy the game on the store and download it and play it. I must definetely do my first walkthrough without caring that much about trophies, and after that hunting the rest of them.

What we heard about it is actually truth, its more action-oriented, but so was the original one, and I must admit that I admire that.

Now that I watched the trailer and played the game, I actually think that Jill looks much better than I though. I pre-ordered the game today on the german store and i'm counting down the days to start playing it. Omg, it was my very favorite out of the ps1 series, even if most of fans think that RE2 actually is the best.

On 27.03.2020 at 5:06 AM, DarkLordSHTR said:

Physical Versions of Resident Evil 3 Remake Can Be Postponed

38703ab0-dcda-4089-94f7-d092269168a4.jpg

Capcom warned that physical versions of the Resident Evil 3 remake could be delayed in Europe due to the corona virus.

According to Capcom, "Some European markets may experience delays in the delivery or availability of physical versions of the game."

"We follow legal regulations to ensure that we prioritize the safety of our players, employees and partners. We are in contact with our distributors and retail partners to make physical versions available."

The digital version will not be delayed. As planned, it will debut on PlayStation Store, Xbox Store and Steam on April 3.

Source

I hope the physical version of the game is not delayed or postponed.

1 hour ago, LoveInHell said:

Is the game coop?

I was disappointed Resident Evil 2 isn’t coop. They could’ve (easily?) added that feature.

Play Resistance.

1 hour ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

i used to be a massive re fan. but RE7S dlc and then 2s shit dlc utterly ruined the entire franchise for me. im so sick of overtuned hardship JUST for the sake of it.fuck all future REs imo.

Those DLCs surely where shit mostly but RE2 main game was superb and even RE7, even though I didn't like it as much as others, was a step in the right direction. There have been worster times for the franchise then now, that's for sure.

After playing the demo, i'm disappointed about some things, especially considering this is marked as a remake/re-imagining. There's certainly room for some improvement.

Lack of stealth.

When designed properly, stealth mechanics certainly do work outside games that aren't even stealth focused, including horror titles... but there are none here. I'm not saying the game needs a wide array of stealth mechanics but just one sole one, and that's just the basic "sneak around quietly without alerting their attention". It's a very realistic, modern, and even common mechanic that's been in games for a long time now, including other (popular) horror titles like Alien Isolation, Dying Light, The Evil Within, The Walking Dead - A Telltale series, and more. When playing I expected that seeing these false zombies' back facing me would allow me to sneak past them or even up on them, but I couldn't and they instead seem to have some sort of sixth sense.

Immersive and tension breaking realism.

This complaint is similar to the above—another outdated design (choice). It's quite ridiculous that when doing something such as shooting a non-suppressed firearm in a semi-open area with multiple enemies, that some relatively close to my positions will not be alerted or interrupted whatsoever and will instead keep doing what they're doing. I understand if enemies from all over the entire map don't come running to where they heard the sound from.. but within a relatively small area where they're only several meters a part is just bad. 

Nemesis's movement speed.

Obviously this character is too fast, which appears to be a common complaint.

I revoke this complaint.

Jill's design.

This may range on the subjective side, but I find it too bland, not terribly bland, but just enough to where she doesn't particularly stand out. I think characters like Claire and Lara were re-imagined better.

On 3/28/2020 at 10:59 AM, DoomsdayVivi said:

Survival Horror doesn't work when you have a friend right next to you to save you.

Cooperative horror titles can work when designed right. Dying Light, The Forest, and Dead Nation are some great examples of this, and there's more.

Edited by EcoShifter

14 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

Lack of stealth.

There's indeed no press-one-button-to-instant-kill-zombies design, but you could walk all the time to prevent zombies' attention. This was introduced in RE2 remake and I'm pretty sure it still works in RE3.

17 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

Nemesis's movement speed.

Obviously this character is too fast, which appears to be a common complaint, affecting difficulty, balance, and enjoyment.

Jill is a STARS member, so Mr. Nemesis's task is to kill her, from the start to the end. He's supposed to be powerful and annoying, or the game will lose its playability. Besides, using environment to damage him seems not that hard, and Jill could dodge, so I find no problems here.

21 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

Jill's design.

This may range on the subjective side, but I find it too bland, not terribly bland, but just enough to where she doesn't particularly stand out. I think characters like Claire and Lara were re-imagined better.

Get the day-1 edition, the classic outfit looks much better.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

Cooperative horror titles can work when designed right. Dying Light, The Forest, and Dead Nation are some great examples of this, and there's more.

Not to be overly semantic, but none of the titles you listed are classified as pure survival horror. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survival_horror

I would agree with the argument that most of the modern day "survival horror" games are action horror. That doesn't mean they are bad, but adding co-op to RE2 or RE3 would turn those games into action horror as well. 

This is an ongoing debate of course...is RE4 survival horror? I would argue it's not, because of how overpowered Leon is compared to RE2 Leon is. 

In Dark Souls, you are stuck in hell with demons. In Doom, Demons are stuck in hell with you. In RE2/RE3, you are stuck in the world with zombies. In RE4 and on, the zombies are stuck in the world with you. 

3 hours ago, Astray404 said:

There's indeed no press-one-button-to-instant-kill-zombies design,

but you could walk all the time to prevent zombies' attention. This was introduced in RE2 remake and I'm pretty sure it still works in RE3.

No, that's not what I mentioned or want. I don't care about stealth take-downs, only the ability to sneak past or up to enemies (for a better aimed gunshot for example).

Played the demo about four times since it released, and it's never been possible throughout various areas I tried it in.

Deleted the demo after my comment, but I'll re-download it and try one final time sometime much later.

edit: Yes, there's no stealth.

Jill is a STARS member, so Mr. Nemesis's task is to kill her, from the start to the end. He's supposed to be powerful and annoying, or the game will lose its playability. Besides, using environment to damage him seems not that hard, and Jill could dodge, so I find no problems here.

Environmental attacks—which is like only explosive red barrels(?)—that I've been using already btw, is limited, and Nemesis' inescapable speed reduces the effectiveness of those type of attacks at times. The dodging is ok, but the character still seems to be too fast.

Get the day-1 edition, the classic outfit looks much better.

A better outfit would be nice, but there's more to character design than attire.

3 hours ago, DoomsdayVivi said:

Not to be overly semantic, but none of the titles you listed are classified as pure survival horror. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survival_horror

You didn't say "pure survival horror". That's a different topic.

I would agree with the argument that most of the modern day "survival horror" games are action horror. That doesn't mean they are bad, but adding co-op to RE2 or RE3 would turn those games into action horror as well. 

Even if that is true, there are still a lot of games close to, if not, pure survival horror. There are also differing levels of both those type and action horror games. One action horror game can be heavier on survival than another action horror game. Likewise for pure survival horror games that can have more action than another pure survival horror game. My argument wasn't for the RE series, only the general survival-horror genre that you brought up. Also, the mere addition of coop in those or other horror titles would not make them "action horror".. it doesn't work like that. Would you really label Outlast under action horror just because one other character is there with you?

This is an ongoing debate of course...is RE4 survival horror? I would argue it's not, because of how overpowered Leon is compared to RE2 Leon is. 

In Dark Souls, you are stuck in hell with demons. In Doom, Demons are stuck in hell with you. In RE2/RE3, you are stuck in the world with zombies. In RE4 and on, the zombies are stuck in the world with you. 

Not well educated in either series, so I can't contribute anything there, but I can add that Dead Space isn't the pure survival horror game that some people make it out to be and try to use as a con for both the sequels "introducing action into the series".

Edited by EcoShifter

1 minute ago, EcoShifter said:

I don't care about stealth take-downs, only the ability to sneak past or up to enemies (for a better gunshot for example).

You don't need to kill those zombies,  just run past them and use your dodge. This is the main idea for most old-school RE games. If you really want to kill them, shoot their legs instead of their heads.

4 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

Environmental attacks—which is like only explosive red barrels(?)—that I've been using already btw, is limited, and Nemesis' inescapable speed reduces the effectiveness of those type of attacks at times. The dodging is ok, but the character still seems to be too fast.

Red barrels and electro boxes, those are what I found in the demo. Not sure if there are any more in the full version. I think there should also be flash grenade in the full version. As long as you could trigger the "Witch time", Nemesis should not be a trouble, except his tentacle attack.

9 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

A better outfit would be nice, but there's more to character design than attire.

I don't think the demo really introduces her personally that much, but if you go through the Jill Trailer yesterday or play the full game (or some previous RE games that have her stories) you'll start to love her.

3 hours ago, DoomsdayVivi said:

Survival Horror doesn't work when you have a friend right next to you to save you. It was introduced in RE5 because that is really an action game calling itself Resident Evil. 

I get that but it wouldn’t hurt to add an optional coop right? Players could still choose between solo or coop.

In RE 2 Remake as long as you're not in the zombie's line of vision, you can walk (not run) past them giving the game a tiny element of stealth. However, in RE 3 Remake zombies seem to be alerted by proximity rather than sound. You can try moving slower than a slowpoke and they will still notice you even with their back turned towards you.

I can understand why Capcom may have done this to make zombies more of an obstacle since speedrunners could pretty much stealth their way through zombies unseen but it's still a little disappointing. It's a nice little strategy to use in certain parts of the game and i like that aspect of RE 2.

I think this is what EcoShifter meant.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Astray404 said:

You don't need to kill those zombies,  just run past them and use your dodge. This is the main idea for most old-school RE games. If you really want to kill them, shoot their legs instead of their heads.

.. I don't want to kill them. It's nice that you can dodge enemies, as well as shoot their legs to down them—all of which I was doing btw—but it's still jarring that unalerted enemies can suddenly detect Jill regardless of her approach and their own positioning. 

Red barrels and electro boxes, those are what I found in the demo. Not sure if there are any more in the full version. I think there should also be flash grenade in the full version. As long as you could trigger the "Witch time", Nemesis should not be a trouble, except his tentacle attack.

Didn't know about the "electro boxes" (though I used them in RE5). The tentacle is one concern and plays into my complaint, because that attack is automatically more frequent thanks to his overwhelming speed. 

I don't think the demo really introduces her personally that much, but if you go through the Jill Trailer yesterday or play the full game (or some previous RE games that have her stories) you'll start to love her.

I'm mostly referring to her physical character design. Didn't complain about her personality because it doesn't seem fair to do that from a demo as short as this.

45 minutes ago, Taizuke said:

In RE 2 Remake as long as you're not in the zombie's line of vision, you can walk (not run) past them giving the game a tiny element of stealth. However, in RE 3 Remake zombies seem to be alerted by proximity rather than sound. You can try moving slower than a slowpoke and they will still notice you even with their back turned towards you.

I can understand why Capcom may have done this to make zombies more of an obstacle since speedrunners could pretty much stealth their way through zombies unseen but it's still a little disappointing. It's a nice little strategy to use in certain parts of the game and i like that aspect of RE 2.

I think this is what EcoShifter meant.

Exactly. I got back on the demo for a triple confirmation, since Astray has believed that there is stealth.

Edited by EcoShifter