Platinums you had to abandon because of glitching

MiloFPS

I have had to abandon the EA SPORTS UFC platinum, I got to the hall of fame on pro, did all 90 challenges, but one trophy glitched on me: Survive a stun and defeat your opponent in the same round. I've done this many times in fight now and career mode and it never unlocked. It's my final trophy (70% common) and the platinum is 0.88% in rarity. Thats one UR abandoned because one easy trophy glitched on me. I spent 8 hours yesterday with food breaks trying to unlock it, and failed. 

Are there any platinums you had to give up on because you did the requirements for the trophy and it didn't unlock after hours of pulling your hair out? 

• Like 1

Blackguards 2. Namely, "The Saint" trophy (not a single bad deed).

Did everything I could over a shit-ton of playthroughs, reloaded like mad the epilogue to try every possible choice combination, know a few persons that did the same, and can find multiple occurrences on Steam and Xbox related websites of people complaining about this single trophy/achievement. Zilch.

Have you try to desinstall and reinstall the game ? It saved me once... give it a try ^^

I have to admit that I only gave up on way too difficult trophies for me or because of dead onlines... I don't remember about glichy trophies that I never unlock (some were... tricky). I always managed to get them... luckely, hope it will last.

Deadly Premonition - I had done everything in the game, and then when I went to clean up the last few collectibles I had noticed that random cards (tied to sidequests I had already finished) had decided to disappear from my collection, making the platinum unobtainable. So pretty much 30-40 hours of playtime wasted. I only managed to muster up the courage to finish it this week after abandoning it three years ago. Had to finish the entire game again, and complete about 90% of the sidequests. Very annoying.

GTA 4 was a mess, barely any of the online ones worked (including max level and I think every game mode), the first time I played the game in 08 (maybe early 09) no trophies worked at all to the point that I didn't think it had any, I got fresh of the boat on my 3rd playthrough, stunt jumps failed. Honestly, it was a mess.

Homefront: The Revolution. It took me 3 or 4 playthroughs to unlock the "King David" trophy, which is a storyline trophy. The trophy wouldn't unlock whatsoever. I've also complete plenty all of the strikepoint and the trophy refuses to unlock. At least I managed to get the online trophies out of the way.

Two I can think of (and they both belong to NISA no less):

-Penny-Punching Princess: there's one trophy for killing a certain boss 25 times and I sat there and counted 25 times and it didn't pop. Only explanation I could think of is that it's glitched or the trophy description is wrong. Such a niche game there isn't even a guide for it anywhere.

-The Lost Child: was happy because this was the same people who did El Shaddai. However there were a couple of claims that the platinum was unobtainable due to glitches and there were 0 platinum owners. Add the fact that in game there's a 100 floor dungeon with a puzzle each floor and for the life of me I couldn't solve one of the puzzles I simply gave up. I know they patched the game so the platinum is now obtainable but I lack the will to try because it's still a lengthy grind regardless.

Munchkin: Quacked Quest

Crap game. Terrible translation of a beloved tabletop card game into the digital video game space. A save system that resets if you exit the game (or more likely, the game crashes), and missing game assets making some portions impossible without a patch (that likely will never come).

Battle princess madelyn had a coupke glitched ones. 

Another one i gave up on (even though it wasnt glitch) was dying light where u have to complete 5 missions with 4 online players. I could never get through a few missions before someone got bumped off and disconnected. I hate trophies like that.

3 hours ago, KennethMcCormick said:

Blackguards 2. Namely, "The Saint" trophy (not a single bad deed).

Did everything I could over a shit-ton of playthroughs, reloaded like mad the epilogue to try every possible choice combination, know a few persons that did the same, and can find multiple occurrences on Steam and Xbox related websites of people complaining about this single trophy/achievement. Zilch.

I'm actually very interested in trying to crack the code on how to finish that trophy, are you absolutely sure that its glitched and there isnt some eldritch way to pop the trophy? like, say, make a bad choice that leads to another choice that you go good on? it sounds like you've done a lot of private talking / research and investigation on it.

The worst for me (more like the only one I can think of atm lol) is Mr. Pumpkin Adventure. You actually cannot load the game past chapter 4 because the game will crash every. Single. Time. This is the NA version only, or so I've heard, but I am not willing to try to find the game of another region. So, it will forever be stuck at 23% despite it being a very easy game.

NBA 2K19

”Locked In” glitched for me (and others) many times despite meeting the requirements, it would not register as a game played.  I tried and successfully met the criteria 3-4 times (using every possible tier) and nothing.

In fairness, I started this game very late and it was debatable whether I would get the platinum but this killed all interest.  And now the platinum is unobtainable as “The 5 D’s” cannot be earned as dodgeball is no longer offered.

As much as I love this game...I would have to go with the Last Guardian. I've literally played and beaten this game 6 times and I'm sure I've gotten the platinum at least 3/6 of those times and never popped. It's just sooo glitched that it's annoying and disappointing. It's clearly about luck I guess. But I will try again at some point next year to finally get that platinum. Exciting times await! lol 

Fenix Furia. Now, I started this full well it might not work, but I still had hopes. 

3 trophies glitched. The ones for 5k and 10k deaths, and then one for completing God Mode with 180 stars. I backed up my save, leaving the very easiest level star unearned. Then I completed. That level. I tried half a dozen different solutions, including beating the entire world, going back and beating the final level again, and just leaving the game paused on the results screen until my ps4 put itself in rest mode. I've Uninstalled and reinstalled, before and after earning the last star. I even tried to revert to an earlier version since people had earned it previously, then realized the game has never been patched.

My only thought is there was maybe some online leaderboard that things were previously tied to, and they took that offline. Either way rip for now. 

I had my save data for Megaquarium corrupt and delete itself on the last level of the campaign. The port was super buggy: it would crash constantly and I would have to kinda just deal with it. Then I guess one time the crashing just killed the game for me. Not exactly the same kind of glitch I think a lot of you are talking about but I'm still mad about it :(

My Saints Row IV save has a glitch related to super powers but that game needs a replay anyway so I wouldn't call it a game I have to give up on quite yet :)

The Last of Us. The "I want to talk about it" trophy would not unlock, I tried on several attempts on several different PS3s, with multiple save files and it wouldn't unlock no matter what method  tried or how many times I did it.

I didn't really care for the online in this game so abandoned the Plat a long time ago.

Homefront, Last Guardian Mad Max and Metro are notorious for being glitchy. I wasn't even playing for trophies on Last Guardian and the game frustrated me so much the controls were so unresponsive. But everyone said so. 

Edited by MiloFPS

8 hours ago, Orphioon said:

I'm actually very interested in trying to crack the code on how to finish that trophy, are you absolutely sure that its glitched and there isnt some eldritch way to pop the trophy? like, say, make a bad choice that leads to another choice that you go good on? it sounds like you've done a lot of private talking / research and investigation on it.

As a person that has trouble believing in absolutes, no, I won't say I'm "absolutely sure". But I'm pretty damn sure of it, at least, and while I may not be the pick of the litter, I have trouble thinking everybody else is as stupid as I am.

And I also fancy your "eldritch" theory as a possibility, but to me it's akin to a glitch, as I went pretty far in my choices. One thing that bothers me with this game is the kind of stand alone trophy tally file I never noticed with other games, which I fear might remember past evil actions despite one using different saves...

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss it further, no need to derail this specific thread. :)