Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

No, I'm going to wait until there are more games out, generally and FF or a Tales game sell consoles to me. I'm going to wait for the price drop, in the meantime I will continue clearing my ps4 backlog which will take the best of at least over a year

Maybe... It really depends on the price.

I should probably wait for a more streamlined version and there are also a lot of PS4 games that i still want to play... but if Demon's Souls is a launch title then i really can't resist.

Can't remember if I've already posted in this thread earlier, but anyway, definitely not after seeing white as the only option on launch. Although to be fair I was never going to get it day 1, or any time soon after that anyway. But HELL NO to the white! I'll be waiting for a price drop/great bundle deal and probably black or some other edition they'll inevitably release in the future.

That entirely depends on Demon's Souls release date for me. Though for me that or a SMT are among the absolute top on games I look forward to, there's few things I enjoy more as blindly discovering a Souls world and inhabitants and learning it's lore by exploring it, together with the incredible art direction and music by either Shunsuke Kida or Motoi Sakuraba, so any other announcement that interests me would make me buy it if DS is delayed, but from the titles we know as of now that'll be the one to decide when I'll get it.

Hmm I'm tempted to. The thing is I usually never buy tech products at launch especially phones. I've heard horror stories from friends and others about the many issues they've had from buying a console at launch. Plus Sony has already acknowledged that they'll most likely be shortages which is understandable with everything going on right now. But for me it really depends on the launch titles and price. I trust Sony but I still have some games in my backlog that I need to play and platinum so I don't mind waiting until next year to get it

I am hoping to purchase a PS5 on day one, that is if there is enough stock allocated to my country. I'll place an order once pre-orders up and running here.

Also looking to get the Pulse 3D headset, as well and not sure about the HD camera or not yet. Wonder if I'll be able to use the old PS4 camera with the PS5 for playing PSVR.

With regards to the space, a lot of people seem to forget that there is an option to add more storage by getting a M.2 drive, but obviously we have to wait for a list of compatible drives. I'll be getting a 2TB M.2 drive once they are available.

If M.2 drives are not an option for some people, you can always add a normal USB external hard drive to the PS5 to add more storage and just move the games you are playing to the internal SSD when needed.

But I'm going to try and keep my PS5 install library simple going forward, and only install games I am going to play right there any then. Not like I currently have with my PS4 where I've installed a 2TB hard drive and the hard drive is pretty much full with games now, some of which I don't even know when I'll be playing - blacklog.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gaming ends for me on the PS4. Been a gamer since being a kid in the early 80's and through the years it was the Xbox 360/PS3 era which truly had the most epic games. This gen has been a massive let down for me, albeit with the odd gem. 

As you get older (or maybe just how you are as a person) repetition drives you insane as its a big part of everyday life, so to then come home and have the same thing happen in your video game hobby gets too much. I actually ditched gaming at the end of the PS2 era, but it was the achievement/trophy system that brought me back and glad it did because it made gaming for me better than it ever had been in the past. 

But this gen has been hit and miss, and more miss for me. I cannot see the PS5 era rectify that as gaming is back to being marketed towards children. I'm gonna go before I end up in some rant lol. 

Basically I will not be gaming once I have played the PS4 games I want to play. Think there is about 5-6 left that I want.

I'll pass on buying it day 1. I still have around 70 games in my back-log (plus more that I still need to purchase) and very little time to actually play; the only thing that'll warrant a Day one buy would if, I pray not, my PS4 Pro stopped working. 

On 7/22/2020 at 11:51 AM, Sn1per666999 said:

Depends on the price and launch lineup. $500 price point and Demon's Souls Remake / Gran Turismo 7 would get me to buy it.

Not sure how credible the info was, but a few weeks back there was gossip that Amazon France leaked the prices. It was something like £450+ for the PS5 without a disc drive, and £550+ for the console with discdrive. 

Most likely no, there are a few factors that will determine when I will buy it, like I wanna see how the backwards compatibility works in practice on the PS5, I will also be more tempted to buy it when exclusives I care about will be released. Anyway, as of right now, no plans to buy it this year.