Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

Would love to buy it day one, but alas, Sony did not deem me worthy of giving them my money. I remember ye olden times, when it was the other way around. Now I've gotta dance for the privilege of buying product. Hopefully they open more pre-orders somewhere, and hopefully I actually find out quickly enough. 

No, I don't buy consoles on release. The only exception was the 3DS but even then, that was a mistake at the time.

I'll wait for some super cool PS5 limited edition to come out and get that. Then I'll do the same thing again when some limited edition PS5 Pro also comes out.

I'm one of those people who actually use their 500 Million edition PS4 Pro to play games.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the ball with the pre orders right after the presentation was over. Knew from the get go that things might screw up. Luckily for me I was right. In this day and age you can't trust anybody. 

That said, I am getting day 1. A major upgrade to the PS4 with essentially the same system of the PS4 but better. Plays the same games, albeit a few lesser known games and one "more" well known game Joes Diner. or something like that. A great time to trade up or experience more immersion for my fav games in these trying times I guess.  

On 10/10/2020 at 10:16 AM, SnowxSakura said:

Hope your order doesn't get canceled 

Think you mean you hope it does*

Scum like this are the problem

On 07/10/2020 at 1:03 PM, thekingsman123 said:

No, I don't buy consoles on release. The only exception was the 3DS but even then, that was a mistake at the time.

I'll wait for some super cool PS5 limited edition to come out and get that. Then I'll do the same thing again when some limited edition PS5 Pro also comes out.

I'm one of those people who actually use their 500 Million edition PS4 Pro to play games.

Same! Its the one thing that has me stuck now. I cant bring myself to sell it even though I'll likely never use it again. Its just too pretty!

Though it would pay for the PS5 quite comfortably

17 hours ago, Smiddy23 said:

Think you mean you hope it does*

Scum like this are the problem

Same! Its the one thing that has me stuck now. I cant bring myself to sell it even though I'll likely never use it again. Its just too pretty!

Though it would pay for the PS5 quite comfortably

Nope I didn't. I said that as it's never a good idea to spend the money from a sale until the buyer has their item.

I don't really care if people scalp, if people weren't so desperate to have the hot new item day one, they wouldn't even exist. 

On 13.1.2020 at 2:11 AM, Venocide said:

Topic.

I'm probably gonna wait wait until mid - late 2021, I've had pretty bad luck when it comes to buying Sony consoles on day one, I had the PS2 and PS4 on the first day and they were both dead on arrival. I still have a very large backlog games to get through, plenty to keep me busy. 

I'm not so interested and as far as I know they are already sold too so no no.

Has anybody managed to find out if brock & mortar stores will have any extras on release day that do not include pre-orders? I remember each GameStop had between 6 and 8 extras. You guys think that will be the case again? I am trying to strategize on when and where to go on the 11th to wait for one. 

I have the starter welcome pack bundle from GameStop on pre-order but I didn't wanna spend 800 and I likely wouldn't play the 2 games that came with it.