Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

Exactly as above.

I will also be waiting until there is a game which blows me away which usually happens a few years after release. I'm guessing a few of those games will come from the following; The Elder Scrolls 6, Next Rockstar Game (GTA 6? Bully 2? L.A. Noire 2?), gOW2, HZ2, an online multiplayer game and a new PS exclusive.

I do believe I've answered the OP's question already but I'll answer again: no way. I never buy anything Day One nor do I pre-order. How many people that have gotten burned by doing so over the years was enough for me to say nope, never. HOWEVER... I did just pre-order Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning off Amazon just the other week so for the first time ever I went against my better judgement. It's hands down my favorite RPG and I've been drooling out the mouth for this to get remastered and assumed it never would so when I found it WAS getting remastered I screamed like a little school girl (mentally, that is, not physically because I'd look like an idiot ?). I don't want to wait until the game goes down in price to play it. I've waited long enough. I want to play that bitch the day it drops, lol!

But as far as the PS5, nah. I waited years until I bought a PS4 so I'll be doing the same for the PS5. I wasn't even going to buy a PS5 but then those fuckers just HAD to make another Ratchet & Clank and Spider-Man game! Damn you!!! ?

Yes! I am going to pre-order it tomorrow. :)

On 8-6-2020 at 9:33 PM, HandsUp1992 said:

Exactly as above.

I will also be waiting until there is a game which blows me away which usually happens a few years after release. I'm guessing a few of those games will come from the following; The Elder Scrolls 6, Next Rockstar Game (GTA 6? Bully 2? L.A. Noire 2?), gOW2, HZ2, an online multiplayer game and a new PS exclusive.

Skyrim developers already said they haven’t even started a new one and its probably going to take another 10 years.

4 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Yes! I am going to pre-order it tomorrow. :)

Skyrim developers already said they haven’t even started a new one and its probably going to take another 10 years.

I'll probably be dead by then, so it looks like I'm not anticipating the game anymore. Imagined it would be ready in 2-3 years.

My common sense says no. My common sense also says that if that Ratchet & Clank game is a launch title, probably gonna go for it.

10 minutes ago, HandsUp1992 said:

I'll probably be dead by then, so it looks like I'm not anticipating the game anymore. Imagined it would be ready in 2-3 years.

Well this thread took a hard left all of a sudden.

Chin up, friend, things will be ok.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Wow dude, don’t say that. I hope all goes well for you.

Lol I'm fine but 10 years is a long old time, who knows what is going to happen in the world across this new decade. Anyway, let us keep it gaming ?

1 minute ago, Jelly Soup said:

My common sense says no. My common sense also says that if that Ratchet & Clank game is a launch title, probably gonna go for it.

Well this thread took a hard left all of a sudden.

Chin up, friend, things will be ok.

Lol I knew it was going to be taken out of context as soon as I submitted it. Thanks though brother

• Like 1

Yep, I'm pre-ordering as soon as possible. My only two concerns are backwards compatibility and storage. I hope I'll be able to play at least some games in my PS4 backlog on PS5 from day one. I also don't know if 825GB will be enough. I really hope they offer 1.5TB for €100 more at launch.

825GB is ridiculous by today's standards. Even now there are games quite often around 100GB. Heck, isn't Call of Duty: Modern Warfare pushing close to 200GB? I'm not saying I need tons of games installed but having at least 10+ titles shouldn't be too much to ask for.

I'm just a bit afraid the disc version + 2nd controller + extra HHD might end up close to $1 000.

10 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

I have the same dilemma. I usually wait for the second round to come out, but then they threw Ratchet and Clank at me and ooooh that ray tracing on Clank! ?

Edited by FabledEdition

My launch PS4 is still working flawlessly. 

For me, I will definitely be getting one right away. I run with the current gen in my living room, devious gen in the office. A few factors:

1. I've essentially run out of PS3 games - I am starting the very last one I have left (Tomb Raider Underworld). The office TV is sad, and wants some more action. The PS4 still has about 40 games on the HDD I need to get through.

2. I really want a 4k blu ray player.

I don't think so. I really like the console and it has some cool games but not enough for me to buy it right away. 

Probably gonna wait for an improved version of the console and for at least 3-4 available games that I'm interested in.

Edited by Kurofur

Depends on launch titles I have notice in the past launch titles are either very mediocre or are plain bad, but if that Ratchet and Clank game is a launch title then I am getting this system day one! 

On 6/17/2020 at 10:50 PM, Bizurke2003 said:

This will be the first time I'll buy a console day 1.  Hoping Spiderman Miles Morales is there day 1 so I can play it.

Its so much fun buying a brand new console on day one. The excitement is on a whole new level. Good luck and enjoy the moment. 

• Like 1

Since PS5 won't support full backward compatibility, then NO. PS4 Library is nice and rich and many things yet to be explored. 

12 hours ago, Koro249 said:

I still have a precise idea of what i have in my backlog that I want to complete before moving on to the ps5. 

But I'm afraid I'm just way too hyped to get new technology not to pre order it...

you are right