How is this plat hard?

Sebulba2000

On 21.01.2020 at 2:32 PM, danceswithsloths said:

This is about the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Just cuz you boosted all the online trophies doesn't make them easy. I boosted some of my Overwatch trophies pretty easily. That does not make Overwatch an easy plat.

Good job making yourself look like an ass in this thread though, it was funny.

Jesus, I didn't mean to be an ass. I just found the plat difficulty to be a little overrated ?

Also, I think you've got a point too, that's why maybe we should all agree it's hard to judge online trophies, as these can almost always be easily boosted/done with pro-players, so the difficulty depends. But overally, we are talking about the multiplayer here, but I meant to tak about single player here actually, I just feld GTA IV was a joke, compared to U3's DLC

On 21.01.2020 at 3:05 PM, djb5f said:

so 83% is near 100% now?  

With that type of logic I have 100%’ed every game I have played! ?

Yep, because out of 12 tables, there are only 4 left

• 3 weeks later...

I am finishing this game now but, for what I experienced so far, is not hard. I would rate it as 6 (MAXIMUM 7) out of 10, it is just time investment.

The online trophies. If you have a boosting group in 1-2 weeks you can get them all. Probably, "Fly The Co-op" is the hardest one. Specially for making the time on "Deal Breaker". But if you have clear that you MUST be 2 people maximum, and one of the teammates MUST have good skills with the helicopter, it is just practice. Reaching level 10 on multiplayer is, again, just time.

Regarding the offline trophies. Again, it is just a lot of time playing. Finishing the 94 missions can be done in 20 hours and even less. Just be focused on that missions, load the previous save if you die, and go by taxi everywhere. Really this 2 conditions makes a lot of difference. 

And yes, once you beat the main story, you can do all the other miscelanious/side missions trophies. None is complicated. Again, just time.

Good luck for those whom may go for this Platinum/100%!

On 12.02.2020 at 3:57 PM, Vindibudd said:

Uh, yeah um, this is an almost 12 year old game now. Platting it would be nearly impossible these days without someone who is ultra experienced and has multiple consoles. The average person does not have dual PS3s and almost nobody has a friend with dual PS3s. Mad props to the ABSOLUTE F***ING LEGEND known as @ProfBambam55 for helping me with multiplayer. I wish I could buy that guy a beer. I'm working on all the offline stuff after a break from it right now and I think I'll finally have the plat by the end of the month.

So look at it this way, making a fire with a stick is pretty hard. Just because someone invents a match does not make building a fire with a stick no longer very hard. The plat is the fire, the method here is what people are talking about.

So here's your homework: Create a new account, use a single PS3 and connect to randos online and see how easy it is to Plat then. 

All the online trophies are hard with randoms... DUH. But those games aren't considered hard.

21 minutes ago, Sebulba2000 said:

All the online trophies are hard with randoms... DUH. But those games aren't considered hard.

And that is the standard the games are mostly judged upon. When a new game comes out, of course trophy hunters will try to boost them, but I can guarantee you that it will be a hell of a lot less efficient then it would be 12 years down the line when people have it all figured out. 

Is the game hard now, knowing all the tricks and boosting methods (having multiple consoles)? No. Was it hard when most people played it a tried to complete it? A lot harder than now, that's for sure. I would just enjoy my plat if I were you, be glad it was easy.

• Like 1

It took you 2 weeks and 1 day too finish the 9 bronze trophies and 1 gold trophy online looks like it was not thst easy for you 

Dont come in here bitching and saying it was easy thats slow i did my online and less than 3 days  on my new account

haha lol took you 1 month and 3 weeks too platinum the game ??????????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, xmadxbluedevil said:

It took you 2 weeks and 1 day too finish the 9 bronze trophies and 1 gold trophy online looks like it was not thst easy for you 

Dont come in here bitching and saying it was easy thats slow i did my online and less than 3 days  on my new account

haha lol took you 1 month and 3 weeks too platinum the game ??????????

I didn't knew that you have to play every game like you need that number 1 fastest achiever position.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, xmadxbluedevil said:

haha lol took you 1 month and 3 weeks too platinum the game 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

Yeah, because I went on to play Kingdom Hearts III ReMind. It would take much less otherwise, my single player save file was 40h and multiplayer playtime was I assume 20h (I do not count idling with Hapiness Island glitch)

Shit man, I don't have 2 ps3, like most of the people I could boost it, I also lost the disk so I'd need to buy the digital version, but if I could, I could easily find someone that could carry me with those trophies, as the game is so old by now you won't find randoms disrupting you.

I mean, you say that boosting doesn't make things easy, but I disagree, I got carried the whole time on Infinite Warfare (albeit I wasn't the worst player, but those alien bosses on 4 players are impossible) and found it a breeze, but I still remember the pain in Soulcalibur 5, the 10 win streak of MKX without cloud saving and Injustice 2, which I did without boosting (only exception in that trophy set that I did would be the voting trophy in MKX as people are pretty pissed when they lose and don't vote) yet those plats are more common than IW.

Hell, if I bothered to have two ps3  or maybe if Sony would hurry up adding ps3 titles on PSNow I would unlock overnight the plat for Injustice ps3, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Mortal Kombat 9 as it would speed up the kung fu trophy and others.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

Got the plat in this one like a decade ago now! Man does that make me feel old.

Anyway, I didn't recall it being a hard platinum either, but it was virtually impossible to do legitimately as far as I can remember. AWP was I think a total 0.000000001% chance to do legitimately as the chances of every individual race coming up was so minute. Me and a random guy boosted that trophy over 3 days or something I think.

The only part that was more a case of it being 'difficult' than a grind was 'Fly The Co-op'. The story Speedrun wasn't a close call unless you were playing slow and mostly everything else was just a slog. I found achieving Level 10 online the 'hardest' of the lot, purely as it was way too high a threshold for a game with the online which GTA4 had. There simply was not enough to do to keep it fresh, but I did enjoy grinding out 10000 games of Hangman's Noose (no seriously, I did actually enjoy the 'camp in and grind'!).

I'd argue it's a pretty similar platinum to GTAV, a long haul but no individual trophy is going to break the skill bank. 

• Like 1

Ah, the way you think makes almost every game easy. You can buy some extra consoles to boost. Hell, you can even buy some insane life-dedicated pro to play on your account. Buy a modded controller which will do all the work for you.

Back when I completed this, you had nothing to rely on. You could find some small tips and tricks, some bad written guides. Some early developed tactics for the online co-op missions. But most of it you had to figure it out yourself and earn it through game experience. Grinding day after day only playing Hangmans Noose without glitches, just muscle memory to do it as fast as possible.

Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic was almost undoable back in the days.

I remember the time I had to use Paint to track which collectible you did and which you didn't. And oops, why do I have 199/200 while I should have earned the trohpy by now? Fuck. Well, lets do it once again!

The game is a lot easier these days comparing to back then. You can't even compare it.

On a sidenote, I wouldn't be proud when I boost a golden game like this. But you do you.

• Like 2