How many unearned trophies do you have?

broy300

After 8 years of trophy hunting across three different gamer profiles, I've finally decided to retire from trophy hunting. Not having to worry about trophies has been such a pleasure. I can finally take my time to finish the games I want to play at my own pace and finally retire from stupid grinds.

Currently, with this newer profile I have, I have 391 unearned trophies. With the number of games I have yet to play, I could see it reach upwards towards the 10,000 range. Can't wait to have my percentage under 10% ?

giphy.gif 

• Like 2

4367, it doesn't really bother me since a lot of games I tried didn't really grab me to keep playing, which is probably what's racking that number up.

That being said I wish trophy deletion was a feature, looking over my list there are plenty of games I got about one or two trophies in that I'm never going to return to, and quite a few of those have now defunct online modes. Just not having those would make sorting a lot easier, I like looking through the trophy suggestions but the first few pages are all easy trophies from games I hated. I've taken to trying free games on a guest account just so I don't have to have them in my list if I didn't like them, so technically that number should probably be a lot higher.

Currently sitting on 790 unearned trophies.  The vast majority of them are for PS3 games that I will likely never return to, but there are a fair number for PS4 that I can clear up.

I have 3 left to get in GTA V, then I'm aiming to finish up The Last Of Us, Sniper Elite 3 and Hitman 2, and if I can do all of them, then the total will drop down to about 660. RDR2, if (and it's a very big "IF") I platinum it, will drop the total down again to about 625.

I'm also trying not to start any new games until I finish up some of the older ones, so I can keep on top of my unfinished titles.

304. I wasn't massively into trophy hunting on PS3, in that I wasn't willing to go as far as am I now, so a lot of those games got left behind. My target when I moved to PS4 was to keep it around or ideally, under 300 so I'm doing pretty well. Currently I have 21 trophies to earn from RDR2 which I'm trying to platinum, and 9 from Vahalla's DLC but I'm expecting more to be added. I'll get round to those after RDR2. I can earn a handful more from GTA Online too, so I should be able to drag it down to around 270. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2020 at 1:04 PM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

My end of year update - 69.38% completion  with 2923 unearned trophies. So I managed to hit almost both of my goals but just narrowly missed that 70% completion rating. Although I managed to hit a different milestone of mine and that is 100 platinums! So all in all this year was a resounding success for my trophy hunting.

The previous year I got the most platinums in was 2009 with 15 platinums and that has been comfortably beaten by this year with 22 platinums. 

My new goal is to reach 75% completion with 2700 unearned trophies by end of June 2021 and will post another update by then.

Update #3: 01/06/21 - 72.53% / 2750 unearned trophies - I wanted to update on the 1st of June instead of waiting until the end of the month this time and consistently do that every 3-6 months. I am behind on both goals I set myself (although it was for end of June, I don't think I can reach 75% completion by then but can certainly attain 2700 unearned trophies by then). The good news is that i'm not that far behind the goals I set for myself. The big hit that my profile took for unearned trophies and also completion percentage was when I popped 1 or 2 trophies on Mass Effect 3 earlier this year as I wanted to have the lone multiplayer trophy completed before any server shutdown that might have occurred when the Legendary Edition was still on track to come out this year.

I currently have 14 platinums for the year and am on track for having my second best year for platinum trophies. I could even end up beating my previous best record for most platinums that I achieved last year when I got 22 platinums but that would require a level of consistency that I am lacking recently when it comes to my trophy hunting. I only play games that I find enjoyment in so I wouldn't go the route of playing easy games for easy platinums. If a game is easy to platinum but I find fun and enjoyable such as Star Wars Episode 1 Racer then that is a different circumstance all together

I'm going to set myself a 3 month goal: Achieve 75% completion / 2600 unearned trophies. Nothing too difficult to achieve. I'm essentially extending my original completion goal by 3 months but this time I think it's realistic for the pace at i'm going through my backlog this year.

• Like 1

Im at 313 right now. When i first joined this site i had over 1500 unearned trophies and probably 90 not 100% games. I think my completion percent was 73%.  Ive been able to cut it down to 313 unearned. 30 non 100% games. And complettion percent to almost 98%. 

But i have some games that i will never be able to 100% but its kinda cool to have something to keep striving for.  My goal was to get under 1000 unearned. Then 500. And now 300. Hopefully i can get under 200 but alot of the remaining trophies are really hard. Like super meat boy, ikaruga, olli olli world 2, n++ , among others. Not to mention the last 2 trophies in uncharted 4 for survivor. I have 0 interest in getting those. Except modern warfare but i have to spend $60 on dlc maps. Sigh.

Edited by IvoryRose88
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/13/2021 at 9:08 AM, Shinjiitsu said:

After 8 years of trophy hunting across three different gamer profiles, I've finally decided to retire from trophy hunting. Not having to worry about trophies has been such a pleasure. I can finally take my time to finish the games I want to play at my own pace and finally retire from stupid grinds.

Currently, with this newer profile I have, I have 391 unearned trophies. With the number of games I have yet to play, I could see it reach upwards towards the 10,000 range. Can't wait to have my percentage under 10% ?

giphy.gif 

How did you do it? I kinda wish I could at this point. ?

• Like 1

2420 need to stop starting so many new games ?, currently trying to go back to titles that i've already started atm.

Spoiler
  • Feb 21     2504 The highest its been since I've been tracking it but i'm working on my ps3 backlog this year so hopefully i can make a real dent in it again. CR is still over 90% though.
  • Jul 20       2381 taken a bit of a hit lately as i'm trying to get all mp done for ps3/v
  • Aug 19     1616, just cant seem to break 1600, need to stop playing new games and finish up some old ones.

• Apr 17      1633 haven't really reduced my amount over the last year but i have improved my completion rate from about 70 to 91%, so I'm happy with that as one of my aims was a 90%+ CR.
  • Mar 16     1677, taken just over 2 1/2 years but reduced my unearned trophies by almost half of what they used to be. :) 

• Oct 15      1,852, cleaned up over 1000 trophies since i last posted here :) 

• Dec 14     2,437 atm, but slowly reducing that amount.