How big is your PS3 backlog?

ClintonLS90

Not as big as a galaxy cluster but i have my number of purchased PS3 games in physical form, have another bunch that was a gift from 2 cousins that buyed a PS4 and selled their PS3 system and my little number of digital beauties. Let's go see old uncle Vamp's little backlog stories.

1.- Physical with 0%, with some trophies obtained or not even installed yet (obviusly not incluiding 100% completed and platinumed ones): 71

2.- Digital (excluiding 100% and/or platinumed games): 14

Total: 85 games with variable percentage of incompletion or that i don't have the maximum number of trophies that i can get from that game (talking about the games with closed servers, glitches, etc).

Not too big. I have 13 physical games I haven't started, plus two I haven't finished. My download backlog is probably another dozen or so. That number also increases drastically if you change the parameters to 'no plat' as opposed to simply 'not finished'. There's probably a ton of others on PS+ I have but forgotten about so it's likely a lot bigger than I realise, but frankly I doubt I'll ever play any of those as I'm usually pretty good at keeping track of what I'm actually interested in playing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't played a ps4 game for over a year and although I'm only playing ps3 games for now and I have made a good progress I still have plenty to play. All are physical copies and all are bought to be played, no random buys... 

Here is my list:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (currently playing) 

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Prince of Persia

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Castlevania: Lords of the Shadow 

Castlevania: Lords of the Shadow 2

Mass Effect

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

Bayonetta (maybe I'll play this on ps4, not sure) 

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Tales of Xelia

Tales of Xelia 2

Silent Hill 2

Silent Hill 3

Silent Hill: Downpour 

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Whitch

The Arland Atelier Trilogy (bought this because there is no physical copy on ps vita)

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of the Dusk 

Atelier Escha & Logy: The Alchemists of the Dusk Sky

Not gonna play them in this order, probably mix them so I don't get bored of playing the same type of games. Too bad Silent Hill: Homecoming doesn't have a trophy list...

Edited by Kiyan-13

I'm pretty much down to just a handful of PS3 games remaining - my PS3 can't read discs any longer, and since I can't take it anywhere to get it repaired at the moment, some of those few games might not even get played.  Here's what I have, off the top of my head:

Resistance 3 (unstarted)

Kingdoms of Amalur (unstarted)

C&C: Red Alert 3: Commander's Challenge (unstarted)

Worms: Ultimate Mayhem (started but unfinished)

Worms Revolution (started but unfinished)

Frozen Synapse Prime (started but unfinished)

Resistance 3 is the only one that's on disc, so is really the only one that I can't play.  Any other unfinished PS3 games on my profile have basically been written off at this point, and will never be revisited.

not super big... i think untouched is:

Vanquish (would beat it again on ps3 since i did ps4)

- Far Cry 3 (maybe)

- F.E.A.R 2 (probably wont touch)

- Metal Gear Solid 2 (maybe)

- Doom 3 

but i would def go back to get platinums in

- Fallout 3 (stupid missable bobbleheads)

- Stick of Truth

and do an evil play on Infamous 2

only issue is both my ps3 controllers are messed. i touch triangle while watching a movie in bed and it acts as if R2 (fwd) is pressed down.

So i need new controllers but its hard to find actual ps3 ones and im unsure what a good reliable knock off / 3rd party one is.

Edited by LegacyJKO09

Surprisingly low!! Well kinda, I just counted and it's 108 games!! Still a lot but I honestly expected way bigger numbers. And I will be focusing a lot and I mean a lot in them with some ps4 games mixed in (specially ones with onlines trophies or that I started and want to 100%). Pretty much everything should be done by 2024 for the ps3. There are still around 15 games I want to buy for ps3 though. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

not super big... i think untouched is:

Vanquish (would beat it again on ps3 since i did ps4)

- Far Cry 3 (maybe)

- F.E.A.R 2 (probably wont touch)

- Metal Gear Solid 2 (maybe)

- Doom 3 

but i would def go back to get platinums in

- Fallout 3 (stupid missable bobbleheads)

- Stick of Truth

and do an evil play on Infamous 2

only issue is both my ps3 controllers are messed. i touch triangle while watching a movie in bed and it acts as if R2 (fwd) is pressed down.

So i need new controllers but its hard to find actual ps3 ones and im unsure what a good reliable knock off / 3rd party one is.

A friend got me this one and it's very comfortable, highly reccomend. wired mini controller big ben interactive ps3. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bigben-Interactive-GmbH-PS3OFMINIPAD-Controller/dp/B014GXYCEG

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

A friend got me this one and it's very comfortable, highly reccomend. wired mini controller big ben interactive ps3. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bigben-Interactive-GmbH-PS3OFMINIPAD-Controller/dp/B014GXYCEG

It is wired but thats okay. Its out of stock but theres a few related ones that look good. Thank you :)

On 09/03/2020 at 0:30 PM, PatTheTrophyHunter said:

I've been cleaning up my old PS3 games for over 2 years now so the backlog is getting smaller and smaller. These are all games that I had played way back when I was just a casual gamer and didn't care that much about trophies... so some of those games I only have 1 or 2 trophies on but since they are now sitting on my Profile and I don't want to start a new account, I'm going to play them and get them as close to completion as I can.

Here's whats left on the PS3 backlog as of today:

- Batman: Arkham Asylum (currently working on this one)

- Batman: Arkham City

- Batman: Arkham Origins

- The Last of Us

- Fight Night Champion

- Tony Hawk: Shred

- Midnight Club: Los Angeles

- Gran Turismo 5

- Rocksmith

- Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

Update from last month's post:

- Batman: Arkham Asylum

- Batman: Arkham City (Only have the Riddler Challenges left to do for main game and DLC's)

- Batman: Arkham Origins

- The Last of Us

- Fight Night Champion

- Tony Hawk: Shred

- Midnight Club: Los Angeles

- Gran Turismo 5

- Rocksmith

- Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

• Like 1