A remaster of NieR Replicant is coming to PS4.

4 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Yes! The original NieR is such an amazing game! I really need to replay it on this account... but I'll be getting the remaster too! It's good a lot more people will be able to experience this masterpiece now who may have overlooked it before. It's definitely going to be worth a purchase!

@sona_11 Just pinging you because you mentioned hoping this would happen! Didn't want you to miss this great news!

Yes I saw it, and I’m so excited to play it when it release ✨? 

thank you for informing me ~

• Like 1

pD8kqeE.png

The cult hit Action RPG from game auteur Yoko Taro is now coming to current-gen systems and PC.

NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139 is an upgraded version of the original NieR game and it's coming out soon.

I'm looking forward to it myself.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 4

Oh, I'm definitely up for this! Never got to play the original NieR, and I have to say I don't mind that they chose Replicant instead of Gestalt - at all. That always did seem like a cynical decision by Square's marketing team to me: "Western people won't play anything unless it's got a grizzled badass dude as protagonist", or something like that.

Automata's success is one of my favourite feel-good stories of this gen. A Yoko Taro/Platinum collaboration that not only received rave reviews but sold really strongly too. It'll be interesting to see if Square is interested in doing a thing or two with Drakengard again, too, now that Taro-san's star has risen.

• Like 4

I'm extremely happy this happened. I'm glad Takahisa Taura is involved too. I expect the combat to be touched up some. Okabe is back on the ost with new tracks. I don't know much about Toylogic other than they helped out on some games but overall still, im hyped to get to play this again with new experiences added to it. a

On 3/29/2020 at 11:22 AM, kidson2004 said:

Never played Nier so I’m also looking forward to playing. 

Nier might top the list of my, “Holy shit - what a surprise!” games. I deplored Drakengard 2, and had no interest in this title, buying it on clearance. I loved every minute of it (even the weapon grind, though I might not have liked growing the flower if I couldn’t adjust the PS3 clock).

On 3/29/2020 at 0:06 PM, SteelFreaxx said:

Wow thread moved as i was typing long reply and it got deleted.

(Short ver.)

Favourite game

Masterpiece soundtrack

Let's get hype

the soundtrack is fantastic.

Edited by starcrunch061

11 minutes ago, Kiyan-13 said:

I've been looking for a physical copy of Nier on ps3 like a year or so, they are kinda expensive, it was the last game on my wishlist of ps3 games and now they announced a remaster!! 1f601.png

Just to let you know this is a rerelease of the previously Japanese only version of Nier Replicant. It will feature a slightly altered character/storyline (younger) with the female your saving being your sister not daughter.

Still plays the same besides that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...